Latest Rumor

58 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Waste of an active roster spot. He can teach on the practice squad. The new Danny Shelton.

Still don't want him.

The Dline is full of guys with SB experience. 

There are literally guys taking a roster spot and not getting snaps.  So assuming he comes in at prorated vet min, saying he'd be a waste of a roster spot when he would have little cap impact is lunacy.

5 hours ago, xen said:

There are literally guys taking a roster spot and not getting snaps.  So assuming he comes in at prorated vet min, saying he'd be a waste of a roster spot when he would have little cap impact is lunacy.

If we don't need him, why do we need him?

7 hours ago, mex said:

If we don't need him, why do we need him?

Chiefs are top 10 in scoring, 4th in total yards and 2nd in passing yards.  Why do we need a vet receiver?

Because we could be better and you should never pass up an opportunity to get better. 

Just because some fans here have a stick up their butt about his personal life or his last contract doesn't mean he didn't help us win championships or that he can't help this team.

Yeah Frank Clark down the stretch at vet min is kind of a no brainer.  We have quite a few developmental guys on the roster we lack some vet experience at that position.  Definitely an overlooked aspect of player development is veteran players teaching the young guys.  I'm pretty sure Karlaftis would tell you the time spent with Clark and Hali and even Dunlap last year is valuable.  

Now I'd rather have Dunlap but he isn't going to play for the vet minimum imo and maybe Clark doesn't either.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah Frank Clark down the stretch at vet min is kind of a no brainer.  We have quite a few developmental guys on the roster we lack some vet experience at that position.  Definitely an overlooked aspect of player development is veteran players teaching the young guys.  I'm pretty sure Karlaftis would tell you the time spent with Clark and Hali and even Dunlap last year is valuable.  

Now I'd rather have Dunlap but he isn't going to play for the vet minimum imo and maybe Clark doesn't either.

That's true.  We really don't know what frank is asking for.  I am kind of assuming min considering the contract restructure but who knows.

40 minutes ago, xen said:

That's true.  We really don't know what frank is asking for.  I am kind of assuming min considering the contract restructure but who knows.

Minimum with a chance for playoff bonuses and another SB, and SB bonus, when not too many teams are interested, might seem like a pretty good deal.

3 hours ago, xen said:

Me too.  Plus I believe he loves Andy Reid and this area.   Seems to make a lot of sense.  Would be a pretty cool story to come back and have himself another great playoff run to cap it off with a SB in KC.  How many playoff sacks is he short of the record?  3?  Talk about a crazy legacy here in KC if that were to happen.  

11 hours ago, xen said:

Honestly, isn't it worth that just to hear the shit talk he's going to come out with about denver?

It would be a well-deserved coup in the AFCW after decades of horseface shenanigans.

You gotta love it.

We listened to them all offseason.  The truth is Andy Reid's system is hard to learn and its more than just the vast playbook.  Each play has multiple deviations based on the defense being played.  If you aren't a student of the game and you read the defense wrong then you are running the wrong route.  A lot of thinking involved which some players are gifted at and others not so much.  Also with how Mahomes shares the ball, not sure many diva wr's are all that interested in coming here.   Sure some on losing teams want to be apart of a winning team but for every Dru Tranquil type player there are far more just interested in getting theirs and getting that bag.  Need to get thie scouting department and wr coach on the same page like the dbs and start drafting better and developing better.  Maybe Rice is the beginning of that.

• 1 month later...

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Is he healthy enough to contribute?

If that's a yes (and with aging vets, who knows for sure?), then the follow up question is 'Do we have enough cap space?'

I won't hold my breath for the Chiefs to say yes to both.