Chiefs Jets game day thread.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Indeed. In first place. Just like every year. 

For now.  

This no Super Bowl caliber team.  Playoffs maybe but the WR corps is yikes status.  Taylor is awful too, swing and miss on that guy.  Not liking this whole Swift thing.  Too big a distraction and she seems like bad juju.

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well, woke up this morning and know we got the W but sure the hell don’t feel like it. Our offense and in particular our right tackle and wr is going to be an issue all year. I don’t know what to say anymore about our right tackle. He is costing us drives. Plain and simple. Reid/  Veach need to do something. 
Mahomes needs to be smarter also. 
our defense didn’t do to bad and as others have said, u can see the difference without Bolton. 
I’m not sure what our options are this year as far as RT and WR. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

For now.  

This no Super Bowl caliber team.  Playoffs maybe but the WR corps is yikes status.  Taylor is awful too, swing and miss on that guy.  Not liking this whole Swift thing.  Too big a distraction and she seems like bad juju.

Complete overreaction. They're playing better than this time last year.  How'd that go again?

Taylor just needs to clean up the penalties.  Other than that he's been very good in pass protection.

Last year this was a loss.  In fact we saw this game last year at Indy.

And in 2021 with the Titans.

And in 2020 with the Raiders

And in 2019 with the Titans

KC usually good for at least 1 October dud.

KC always improves throughout the year.  OLine jells.  WR's need work but continue getting experience.  

It's like y'all have the memory of a goldfish.

24 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

For now.  

Didn't look like a SB team last year either at times.  Most notably in week 3 against the colts in a game they lost then 5 weeks later they didn't look at all like a SB team against Tennessee.  

It doesn't really matter if they look like a SB team in sept n oct i want them to look like a SB team in jan n feb when it matters.  The list is long on teams that look like world beaters in sept n oct only to come up short in jan n feb or didn't even make it into jan n Feb.   

9 minutes ago, West said:

Spot on Xen.....

The biggest issue last night was MVPat....Totally out of his lane.  The Jet's are a very good defense and Saleh learned a lesson or two from his SB loss with the Niners.

I agree with your take.

He admitted in his presser to getting too greedy and trying to make the perfect throw over the defender. I've seen him in person (2019 SB season at Jags) make those types of throws, but the receivers were in a much better position. 

12 minutes ago, West said:

Spot on Xen.....

The biggest issue last night was MVPat....Totally out of his lane.  The Jet's are a very good defense and Saleh learned a lesson or two from his SB loss with the Niners.

I agree with your take.

I don't expect Mahomes will be making horrible decisions and unnecessarily throwing off his back foot all season.  Some bad decisions by Pat leading to turnovers, a few bad penalties, and awful officiating on the horse collar and safety calls is how you turn a blowout into a close game.

I think our WRs will get it going. Saleh played the same Bengals/49ers style of defense droping 7 to 8 in coverage and Pat was refusing to take the underneath stuff. He finally started doing it in the 4th qtr, which led to the win, but that whole drop everyone back in defens is somthing he and andy has seen before. 

Andy knows that running ball and playaction is the remedy for that drop coverage crap, he just has to be as patient as Pat when defenses deploy that tactic. 

I think Rice, Watson, Gray and Toney (when healthy) will eventually be enough to get the passing game going in the long run. 

Oh yea, and I had enough of CEH. I'm ready to see Perine....

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

I think our WRs will get it going. Saleh played the same Bengals/49ers style of defense droping 7 to 8 in coverage and Pat was refusing to take the underneath stuff. He finally started doing it in the 4th qtr, which led to the win, but that whole drop everyone back in defens is somthing he and andy has seen before. 

Andy knows that running ball and playaction is the remedy for that drop coverage crap, he just has to be as patient as Pat when defenses deploy that tactic. 

I think Rice, Watson, Gray and Toney (when healthy) will eventually be enough to get the passing game going in the long run. 

Oh yea, and I had enough of CEH. I'm ready to see Perine....

The team also got away from running the ball after being up 17-0. Pacheco had it there for the taking. They ran more than usual, but if teams do that crap dropping 7 or 8, we have to just run the ball.

And absolutely, I hate CEH plays. The guy is to slow and runs without any power.

28 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Playoffs maybe? Seriously? We are a couple Toney drops away from being undefeated and haven't even hit our stride offensively. 

Bad juju? We have won both games she's attended. 

I am a pessimist by nature but coming here makes me realize how much some of our fans are just spoiled chicken littles. I can't even follow the GameDay thread anymore during the game. The toxicity just permeates it. 

Get a grip, dude.

I already bet $$ the Chiefs miss the playoffs.  Seeing as the universe always goes against me this basically guarantees they make it.  

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You’ve had some crazy posts, but calling Mahomes pedestrian, that’s the winner.

He was and int machine last night.  Three if you don’t count that flag that took it away.  Not great.  

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wow, season down the drain due to a bad game by our qb that we still won. The horror.

Chiefs so far have been pretty underwhelming so far.  Probably due to the lack of big plays we are used to.  No big threat down field.  

Just now, Mr Ev said:

Chiefs so far have been pretty underwhelming so far.  Probably due to the lack of big plays we are used to.  No big threat down field.  

And yet we are 3-1. One thing they do is win and inprove as needed as they go along. Far from how we use to be. I am sure they will address issues and we usually get better as the season goes along. Some of you need to step back from the edge.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I don't expect Mahomes will be making horrible decisions and unnecessarily throwing off his back foot all season.  Some bad decisions by Pat leading to turnovers, a few bad penalties, and awful officiating on the horse collar and safety calls is how you turn a blowout into a close game.

As soon as the jets made their comeback, Patrick was pressing. Trying too hard. Happens to the best of them at times.

17 minutes ago, mex said:

He's not a fan... he's a fucking troll and he's doubling down on it because he got called out by pretty much everyone in here. 

That’s just not true.  I may not fit your definition of a fan that’s for sure.  Do I give a shit?  Nope.  Still, went to Miami for the Super Bowl (thanks to KA) and go to Arrowhead once a year for a game now.  You do you and I’ll do me the way I see fit.  

33 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

That’s just not true.  I may not fit your definition of a fan that’s for sure.  Do I give a shit?  Nope.  Still, went to Miami for the Super Bowl (thanks to KA) and go to Arrowhead once a year for a game now.  You do you and I’ll do me the way I see fit.  

Do you ever get tired of pissing and moaning???  If you think being a fan of this team is SOOO bad, I suggest you go be a Raiders or a Browns fan!

38 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

You must have been really disappointed in the outcome