I think it is time to back off Skyye Moore. 
let Toney take the slot WR. Let him lineup with safeties and LBs. He is much more explosive than Skyye. 
let Skyye back Toney up. Develop some more. 

let Rice start outside and start rotating Ross more for MVS. 

there needs to be a shakeup in this group. MVS, moore, and Watson just aren’t making it happen. 

Great stats Cali.....

I am not sure of the issue.....But things need to improve for the Offense to become elite.

Dropped Passes are an issue

Penalties are an issue.

Mahomes is taking more risks...for sure against the Jets.

One thing we can not ignore, Pacheco is a friggin beast.

On 10/2/2023 at 9:30 PM, Palangi said:

I think it is time to back off Skyye Moore. 
let Toney take the slot WR. Let him lineup with safeties and LBs. He is much more explosive than Skyye. 
let Skyye back Toney up. Develop some more. 

let Rice start outside and start rotating Ross more for MVS. 

there needs to be a shakeup in this group. MVS, moore, and Watson just aren’t making it happen. 

Maybe we can get Mrs. Swift to start playing some football. That might help

13 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

Maybe our previous OC was a more important part of the offense than he was given credit for.

The offense has not really looked very good so far. Is it the Nagy effect?

I think it's just as simple as having too many receivers who are too young and playing in a complicated system with a lot of sight adjustments.  They're struggling vs man right now.  Jets just smothered Kelce in coverage and dared the others to get open.  The good news is they seem to have the tools but really need to work on their release packages.  May be mid-season before it gets better.  

Honestly, for the "look Pat can win a superbowl without elite receivers crowd" who were crowing all offseason, this is what it looks like when you have to break in a new receiving group every year.  Its just made worse because they’re all so young.  Hopefully they learn to adapt this year instead of next year.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

I think it's just as simple as having too many receivers who are too young and playing in a complicated system with a lot of sight adjustments.  They're struggling vs man right now.  Jets just smothered Kelce in coverage and dared the others to get open.  The good news is they seem to have the tools but really need to work on their release packages.  May be mid-season before it gets better.  

Honestly, for the "look Pat can win a superbowl without elite receivers crowd" who were crowing all offseason, this is what it looks like when you have to break in a new receiving group every year.  Its just made worse because they’re all so young.  Hopefully they learn to adapt this year instead of next year.  

I just don’t think Skyye is ready. Either he needs more development or he is who he is? 
i also don’t think MVS is a fit in this offense. I’d like to see Ross take his reps. He a better route runner to get open and has better hands. MVS is faster but he doesn’t utilize his speed very well. 

i think Toney as a slot would really showcase his abilities much more. He can be used on JET sweeps and get a lot of miss match coverage inside. At this point Moore can be his back up. 

Rice is a JuJu type WR. Great after the catch. And really in finding open holes in zone coverage. But needs to improve route running against man coverage. But I think he has the highest ceiling in the group. 
Watson is a gray 4/5th WR. And is great for the room. 
but we need to find a true burner to play on the outside. We really miss this aspect of the offense. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

common sense has not place in hysterical emotional arguments

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Is it possible that Andy is trying too hard to fit round pegs in square holes?  Are the receivers' talents not fitting his scheme?  Don't know, but if things don't change by mid season, the offense will be struggling to score 30 points continually.  

IF pigs had wings

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Is it possible that Andy is trying too hard to fit round pegs in square holes?  Are the receivers' talents not fitting his scheme?  Don't know, but if things don't change by mid season, the offense will be struggling to score 30 points continually.  

No not really.  Andy has had success with pretty much every type of receiver.  They just need development.   People seem to continually forget that Skyy was still relatively new to playing receiver when we drafted him.  But why isn't he great after a year of limited action + 4 games this year??? gee I don't know.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

No not really.  Andy has had success with pretty much every type of receiver.  They just need development.   People seem to continually forget that Skyy was still relatively new to playing receiver when we drafted him.  But why isn't he great after a year of limited action + 4 games this year??? gee I don't know.

How do we know what Skyy can become.  He was given a bigger role this season and it hasn't worked out so far.  There's a reason Mahomes doesn't target his more than a few time a game.  Maybe he takes longer to develop, but his limited action is more a cause of him not yet fitting in than the other way around.   Rice is ahead of Moore after four games compared to Moore's 24.  As for Ross, he needs to get it into his head that he needs to go all out even when his number isn't called.  I still trust that the coaches will find a way to use the WRs better in the second half, but it's disturbing to see so little production against several weak teams.  

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

How do we know what Skyy can become.  He was given a bigger role this season and it hasn't worked out so far.  There's a reason Mahomes doesn't target his more than a few time a game.  Maybe he takes longer to develop, but his limited action is more a cause of him not yet fitting in than the other way around.   Rice is ahead of Moore after four games compared to Moore's 24.  As for Ross, he needs to get it into his head that he needs to go all out even when his number isn't called.  I still trust that the coaches will find a way to use the WRs better in the second half, but it's disturbing to see so little production against several weak teams.  

Read that twice and still not sure what you're trying to say.  Rice was a HS receiver and played 4 years in college.  Skyy was a convert from QB/DB.  Not really hard to see why Rice is ahead in his development.

3 hours ago, xen said:

I was part of that crowd, not that i don't want an elite WR its just the route to take to get there and was kinda looking at how Veach was building things.  To get that elite guy its going to be draft and devolop and i thought going into the season it was going to be rough going till they found their groove around the halfway point 8 to 9 games.  I also think the coaches are learning how to use some of  these guys and see what they can do against different defenses and coverages. Its a work in progress to be sure. 

If these guys don't develop like they want over the next few games Veach may do some sniffing around before the trade dead line.  

37 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I was part of that crowd, not that i don't want an elite WR its just the route to take to get there and was kinda looking at how Veach was building things.  To get that elite guy its going to be draft and devolop and i thought going into the season it was going to be rough going till they found their groove around the halfway point 8 to 9 games.  I also think the coaches are learning how to use some of  these guys and see what they can do against different defenses and coverages. Its a work in progress to be sure. 

If these guys don't develop like they want over the next few games Veach may do some sniffing around before the trade dead line.  

IIRC thats Oct31

41 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

That's absolutely a healthy way to look at it.  Doing it this way will take time and I'm certain they won't all pan out.  Some of those same people don't have the patience for this.  Personally I would have liked to have seen a better vet than James brought in but that's OK.  These guys will get better, people just need to chill.

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

I just don’t think Skyye is ready. Either he needs more development or he is who he is? 
i also don’t think MVS is a fit in this offense. I’d like to see Ross take his reps. He a better route runner to get open and has better hands. MVS is faster but he doesn’t utilize his speed very well. 

i think Toney as a slot would really showcase his abilities much more. He can be used on JET sweeps and get a lot of miss match coverage inside. At this point Moore can be his back up. 

Rice is a JuJu type WR. Great after the catch. And really in finding open holes in zone coverage. But needs to improve route running against man coverage. But I think he has the highest ceiling in the group. 
Watson is a gray 4/5th WR. And is great for the room. 
but we need to find a true burner to play on the outside. We really miss this aspect of the offense. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2023/10/3/23900360/chiefs-wide-receivers-5-stats-demonstrating-problems

Rice would do well as the slot receiver.

6 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Rice can cook against zone.

Against man, he's just a paddy.

Slot receiver has to identify the coverages and use it to his advantage. Zone and he will know where to sit. Most play zone against us, due to Mahomes ability to make them pay for man coverage. Let him cook againat the zines and learn then to play man coverage better as the slot receiver.

9 hours ago, xen said:

Read that twice and still not sure what you're trying to say.  Rice was a HS receiver and played 4 years in college.  Skyy was a convert from QB/DB.  Not really hard to see why Rice is ahead in his development.

Dan Harms on RGR (youtube) had a pretty good breakdown of Skyy's plays in the Jets' game tonight.  I thought it was interesting.