We are going to have to be patient.  This isnt thr normal way of breaking in an almost entirely new and young wr.  Typically it’s bringing in 1 or 2 behind seasoned vets but we just decided to do it all in one off-season.  If it works out then our window is open indefinitely provided everyone stays healthy if not we address it in the off-season.  What is great is we don’t have so many holes that we can’t get them fixed in one off-season. As much as I want them to win every SB they aren’t going to do that so we should enjoy the process and hopefully it works out like we hoped.  I mean we are 3-1 and our O looks like Crap so it could be worse, like the Bengals.  

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We are going to have to be patient.  This isnt thr normal way of breaking in an almost entirely new and young wr.  Typically it’s bringing in 1 or 2 behind seasoned vets but we just decided to do it all in one off-season.  If it works out then our window is open indefinitely provided everyone stays healthy if not we address it in the off-season.  What is great is we don’t have so many holes that we can’t get them fixed in one off-season. As much as I want them to win every SB they aren’t going to do that so we should enjoy the process and hopefully it works out like we hoped.  I mean we are 3-1 and our O looks like Crap so it could be worse, like the Bengals.  

Good take.  The Chiefs are one stud WR and one dependable LT away from a really good team.  They could use upgrades other places, but under the cap there's never going to be a perfect team.  The best team doesn't always win a SB.  It takes a good team with good timing and a minimum of bad breaks.  Patrick, Burrows, Allen, Herbert, Tua, Lawrence, LJ8.  Only one can even get to the SB and then they have to beat  the likes of SFO or PHL.  

42 minutes ago, Palangi said:

This is stupid. Give the kids a chance. MVS isn’t lighting anything up. He has his chance. Let Ross start taking some of good opportunities

Disagree.  If he is not running the right routes or learning them let alone the plays, why just trot him out there them to make our receivers worse? He will get his chance. We can't just rush him and have it hurt the team.

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Disagree.  If he is not running the right routes or learning them let alone the plays, why just trot him out there them to make our receivers worse? He will get his chance. We can't just rush him and have it hurt the team.

Because the guys out there running routes now aren’t getting open or making plays? 
i don’t know if he is the answer. But I don’t think MVS is. Or Skyye Moore right now. I don’t think Watson is anything more than a 4th or 5th WR. 
but Ross was a first round pick. Let’s see if he can have success and build on it. 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Because the guys out there running routes now aren’t getting open or making plays? 
i don’t know if he is the answer. But I don’t think MVS is. Or Skyye Moore right now. I don’t think Watson is anything more than a 4th or 5th WR. 
but Ross was a first round pick. Let’s see if he can have success and build on it. 

I believe Ross was an undrafted free agent.  He was projected a first round talent IIRC.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
“There’s not one guy that’s going to get 18 targets…that’s just not us.”
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy says they are still learning what each receiver does well and will continue to spread the ball around.

didn't they learn anything about their WR's last season

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
“There’s not one guy that’s going to get 18 targets…that’s just not us.”
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy says they are still learning what each receiver does well and will continue to spread the ball around.

I think that is literally part of the issue. No consistency and lack rhythm.

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

didn't they learn anything about their WR's last season

Some but their is still quite a few new guys 

MVS is what he is at this point.   Moore had limited action last year and as Xen mentioned he converted to WR in college he is still probably learning how to play the position at this level.  Rice is rookie Ross hasnt played anything other than pre season in close to 3 years. James wasn't even with the team last year.  Toney hasn't even been here a full year of games and some of those games he was out with injury.  Watson is in the same boat as MVS.  Thats 3 guys that were here last year and one of them is still in the development stage.  

I remember Pats fan saying BB used to use sept and even part of oct as a time tweak things and try different things on the defensive side to see what will work and what won't with different guys.  I kinda feel like Andy is doing that with the offense and as the year goes on you will see guys in more defined roles and in dec the offense will look different than it does now.  

9 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I bet he will be happy because the team is winning.

Maybe.  We see posts all the time about how a player should want to go to a winner.  Sure, everyone wants to win but as fans that's all we have to look forward to.  As a player it's about money and the opportunity to make more.  Winning is nice, but many players will go to a lesser team if it means more money.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:30 PM, Palangi said:

I think it is time to back off Skyye Moore. 
let Toney take the slot WR. Let him lineup with safeties and LBs. He is much more explosive than Skyye. 
let Skyye back Toney up. Develop some more. 

let Rice start outside and start rotating Ross more for MVS. 

there needs to be a shakeup in this group. MVS, moore, and Watson just aren’t making it happen. 

Agree with all of that.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:36 AM, Okiechief1 said:

Some but their is still quite a few new guys 

MVS is what he is at this point.   Moore had limited action last year and as Xen mentioned he converted to WR in college he is still probably learning how to play the position at this level.  Rice is rookie Ross hasnt played anything other than pre season in close to 3 years. James wasn't even with the team last year.  Toney hasn't even been here a full year of games and some of those games he was out with injury.  Watson is in the same boat as MVS.  Thats 3 guys that were here last year and one of them is still in the development stage.  

I remember Pats fan saying BB used to use sept and even part of oct as a time tweak things and try different things on the defensive side to see what will work and what won't with different guys.  I kinda feel like Andy is doing that with the offense and as the year goes on you will see guys in more defined roles and in dec the offense will look different than it does now.  

No matter what, in the end the game is won in the trenches.  Our O line is awesome.  Our D line is good and potentially very good, especially when Omenihu returns. So, I am not worried.We also have Mahomes, a great coaching staff, and more versatility and depth than most teams to  survive injuries.

This game was a good indicator of the change needed at WR. Less MVS and Moore and more of Rice and Ross. 

Toney, Watson, Rice, and gross should be the major contributors right now. 

in fact I would call up Chicago and see if they want either Moore or MVS for one of those two rookie DTs?