On 10/10/2023 at 1:00 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

It always really matters. The early games count just as much as the later games, and we are lucky to be 4-1.  I would have predicted 2-2.  Also, all teams continue to get better through the season. We are not unique in that.  We will be better, too, but so will our opponents.  From what I have seen, we are a playoff team.  But can we beat the top two or three teams in the league or even get all the way to the superbowl?  Not close from what I've seen.  Our two top guys have too many off field distractions from a second child to too many commercials and, of course, the Swift thing.  Wide receivers are a work in progress. Kelce is 34 and starting to get some physical problems. We will get Omenihu and everyone talks like that will be a difference for the defense.  I always waver between superbowl caliber with our coaching staff and Mahomes and a solid D, but in truth we are re-building an entire position group at WR and both of our offensive tackles. Winning a playoff game would be a big win for this year. I don't see the chemistry yet.

We are about as good as Minnesota right now.  If we had a merely good QB like Cousins, we could easily be 1-4 right now.

Disagree.  Many teams don't get better as the season progresses.  Many peak early, injuries happen, harder schedules down the stretch, etc, etc.  Our team has reached the point were regular season games are important in that they are a means to a playoff birth and they are important to tweek and experiment early on.  This years D is 10x better than anything we've seen in the Mahomes years and we are without Bolton and Omenihu.   Our offense is still almost putting up 30 a game with all sorts of problems at wr and miscommunications.   We have a seasoned HOF HC and a HOF QB.  We might not win the SB but the idea that his is barely a playoff team is laughable.  What other team is a super threat to us in the AFC?  The Bills are inconsistent and have never beaten us in a meaninggul game,  the Bengals look terrible and are already in a deep deep hole in their divison, the Dolphins got schlacked by the Bills.   We beat the Jags short handed.   Out team scares the living crap out of most of the NFL because we are rolling right along and we aren't even at 75%.   Out only legit threats at this point in the season are the Eagles and 49ers and maybe the Dolphins and Bills.   I get it, it hasn't looked pretty but dang this team has soul crushing potential at best and deep playoff potential at worst.  We will be fine.

27 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Disagree.  Many teams don't get better as the season progresses.  Many peak early, injuries happen, harder schedules down the stretch, etc, etc.  Our team has reached the point were regular season games are important in that they are a means to a playoff birth and they are important to tweek and experiment early on.  This years D is 10x better than anything we've seen in the Mahomes years and we are without Bolton and Omenihu.   Our offense is still almost putting up 30 a game with all sorts of problems at wr and miscommunications.   We have a seasoned HOF HC and a HOF QB.  We might not win the SB but the idea that his is barely a playoff team is laughable.  What other team is a super threat to us in the AFC?  The Bills are inconsistent and have never beaten us in a meaninggul game,  the Bengals look terrible and are already in a deep deep hole in their divison, the Dolphins got schlacked by the Bills.   We beat the Jags short handed.   Out team scares the living crap out of most of the NFL because we are rolling right along and we aren't even at 75%.   Out only legit threats at this point in the season are the Eagles and 49ers and maybe the Dolphins and Bills.   I get it, it hasn't looked pretty but dang this team has soul crushing potential at best and deep playoff potential at worst.  We will be fine.

Excellent post.

33 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

mike tyson fight GIF

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

At this point, the 49ers are the best team in football. If we played them now, we would lose without a doubt.  Yes, everything will be different by the end of the season, and yes, we always experiment and use the first half of the season as a training ground for the younger players, which is the perfect strategy.  Reid is really good at winning close games while still developing his young guys.  But he does need to win.  I don't give a damn if it is by one point and I end up on heart meds. Just put the pedal to the metal in the playoffs, and we will have as good a chance as anyone.  But these early games will count just as much toward getting the #1 seed as the later games will.  Number 1 seeds have that extra week and are far more likely to get in the SB. So, every single goddam game is crucial.  I don't care how bad a team we might be playing.

11 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

At this point, the 49ers are the best team in football. If we played them now, we would lose without a doubt. 

I don't think you can say that as our competition has been more difficult. They beat the 1-4 Cards, the 1-4 Gints, and the 2-3 Rams, BARELY. Our SOS is a bit higher than theirs.

Just now, mex said:

Jets looking to move Hardman.

I'll tell ya... right about now I wouldn't mind Andy taking a look... long as it's not too expensive.

NO!

Hardman has one catch this whole season.  We saw his peak and it was pretty low.  As low as the production of MVS and Moore has been so far, I'd rather see them on the field than Hardman.  The Chiefs have enough 185# gadget WRs already.  Just say "No". 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

NO!

Hardman has one catch this whole season.  We saw his peak and it was pretty low.  As low as the production of MVS and Moore has been so far, I'd rather see them on the field than Hardman.  The Chiefs have enough 185# gadget WRs already.  Just say "No". 

Meh... sometimes it's because he doesn't fit for whatever reason. Wouldn't hurt to try him out if we can get him cheap.

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I agree  100%  he knows the playbook and is faster than anyone we have on the team

Plus I think he's comfortable in our offense. He didn't play BAD while he was a chief. He wasn't great by any means but he wasn't ever a liability. Plus he's got the wheels to take the top off a defense.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

And Hardman knows the offense. Osborn would have to learn onto the fly. I don't want Hardman but if we were to get him, at least he could play right away in this offense.

I don't think anyone's saying he'll be the best FA pickup in recent history, but IMO he makes us better. He's got top-tier speed defenses have to respect, he knows Patrick (and equally important, Patrick knows him) he knows our playbook and he can contribute right away. 

2 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Hardman didnt really do anything when he was here before. Just because he knows the offense doesnt mean he will contribute. We cant run a jet sweep all the time.

he has one thing nobody else has and what you cant teach..speed. It has to be accounted for.

38 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he has one thing nobody else has and what you cant teach..speed. It has to be accounted for.

The Chiefs already have a one trick pony in Toney Made of Glass (4.37). 

MVS (4.38) that pony can't get out of the stable. 

Hardman has no route running ability. Jet sweeps and sitting on IR are his specialty.

You two are out of your minds.