19 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

The Chiefs already have a one trick pony in Toney Made of Glass (4.37). 

MVS (4.38) that pony can't get out of the stable. 

Hardman has no route running ability. Jet sweeps and sitting on IR are his specialty.

You two are out of your minds.

so lets not ever have a speed receiver again..MVS might of run 4.37 in his undies but he runs a sub 6 in pads. Not every speedster is a Tyreek

OBTW  Hardman 4.22..4.37 is pedestrian

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/chiefs-wr-mecole-hardman-wins-40-yard-dash-race-against-nfl-stars/

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I agree  100%  he knows the playbook and is faster than anyone we have on the team

Couple things to consider

If I've read correctly currently Charles O doesnt count against the cap and when he comes back he has a cap hit of 4.49 mill.  A few weeks ago KC only had 5.2.    If both are accurate that leaves less than a mill.  

Who do you cut cause I doubt they would carry 8 when James comes off IR and he might give just as much production for almost half the cost.  

Hardman was asked about KC when he signed with the Jets and to his knowledge KC didn't even offer so if they did it was very little. They let him go and either didn't make an offer or one not worth taking.  IMO they didn't want him back and given that Veach rarely brings back guys they've let go I can't see them making any kind of move to get him.  

41 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

If I've read correctly currently Charles O doesnt count against the cap and when he comes back he has a cap hit of 4.49 mill.  A few weeks ago KC only had 5.2.    If both are accurate that leaves less than a mill.  

Who do you cut cause I doubt they would carry 8 when James comes off IR and he might give just as much production for almost half the cost.  

Hardman was asked about KC when he signed with the Jets and to his knowledge KC didn't even offer so if they did it was very little. They let him go and either didn't make an offer or one not worth taking.  IMO they didn't want him back and given that Veach rarely brings back guys they've let go I can't see them making any kind of move to get him.  

If they want him, they'll figure it out. You might be right about Veach, but Andy is incredibly loyal to players.

Not a Hardman guy. I feel like I seen that movie and know how it ends. Same problem as Moore. Just not on the same page with the QB. Not sure why. They both have tools. 
I think Rice is the real deal. Ross seems like an instinctive player. Watson is a baller. Always out there before anyone running before games. Home games anyway. 

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

Spotrac has us with over 5m in space and is including Omenihu

Screenshot_20231011_184228_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So can he return to the team on Friday or whenever they next meet?  It will take some time for him to get up to speed one would assume. 

I believe he can return at the conclusion of tomorrow's game and be eligible to play against the Chargers. Yeah, hopefully Spags can get him up to speed quickly. I'd think he's stayed in shape, although not game shape.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

I believe he can return at the conclusion of tomorrow's game and be eligible to play against the Chargers. Yeah, hopefully Spags can get him up to speed quickly. I'd think he's stayed in shape, although not game shape.

Friday the 13th after nfl transactions come out he can be eligible. They will have an exemption for time to make a move to get someone cut to make room for him. 

18 hours ago, mex said:

I don't think anyone's saying he'll be the best FA pickup in recent history, but IMO he makes us better. He's got top-tier speed defenses have to respect, he knows Patrick (and equally important, Patrick knows him) he knows our playbook and he can contribute right away. 

Exactly.  If they have to respect him due to his other trick, the jet sweep, he would also stretch laterally the front seven of the defense.  That would make Pacheco even more threatening.  I think getting Hardman back would have a lot of benefits.

11 hours ago, arrowhead said:

At least he got the entire camp and a ton of snaps in camp.  There won't be a learning curve.

39 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

That jet sweep isn't remotely effective with Moore and Toney.  While both are stop watch fast none of them can even get to the corner like Hardman or Hill.  Takes them to long and they end up losing yardage most of the time.   

You're not looking at the whole picture.  When the D is stacking the middle to stop the run, you have to keep them honest and spread them out a bit as a precaution for that.  An occasional wasted down is not always actually wasted. It just isn't obvious.  It is often strategic.