4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

author is dreaming pretty big here

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/11-wrs-chiefs-could-target-124536689.html

Chiefs Wire

11 WRs Chiefs could target at the trade deadline

Half of those guys are the type we already have on this team.  Also, I'm done with taking NYG wr's.  The two we have haven't exactly done much this year except help us lose our only game.  No division team is trading with us so thats a third of the list.   Doubt Caroline trades Youngs safety blanket but Thielen is the guy that makes a lot of sense for us.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, mex said:

Jets looking to move Hardman.

I'll tell ya... right about now I wouldn't mind Andy taking a look...

On 10/11/2023 at 11:00 AM, jetlord said:

NO!

Hardman has one catch this whole season.  We saw his peak and it was pretty low.  As low as the production of MVS and Moore has been so far, I'd rather see them on the field than Hardman.  The Chiefs have enough 185# gadget WRs already.  Just say "No". 

On 10/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, arrowhead said:

Hardman has no route running ability. Jet sweeps and sitting on IR are his specialty.

You two are out of your minds.

Postgame interview Travis Kelce: "I don't know how NY let him go, but I'm damned glad he's with us."

Y'all can pucker up and...

Animal Capshunz - kiss my ass - Funny animal pictures with captions | Animal Memes - Funny ...

The WR room last season was good enough to win the SB and win an MVP for Mahomes.  Is this one any worse?  I'm thinking Rice will be as productive as JuJu in the second half of the season and once Watson gets back, they have as much or more than last year.  Even Moore made a couple of catches, made a superb block on a Mahomes scramble, and it wasn't his fault that a home run ball was overthrown when he was open.  No saying he's great, but if he gets more targets and is used correctly, he's an asset.  

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

The WR room last season was good enough to win the SB and win an MVP for Mahomes.  Is this one any worse?  I'm thinking Rice will be as productive as JuJu in the second half of the season and once Watson gets back, they have as much or more than last year.  Even Moore made a couple of catches, made a superb block on a Mahomes scramble, and it wasn't his fault that a home run ball was overthrown when he was open.  No saying he's great, but if he gets more targets and is used correctly, he's an asset.  

it got better on Wednesday and looks closer to the WR Room that got Patrick that MVP..not that he'll be in the running this year except for the SBMVP

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

MVS showed he still has a pulse too.

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

it got better on Wednesday and looks closer to the WR Room that got Patrick that MVP..not that he'll be in the running this year except for the SBMVP

Mahomes got off to a slow start this season but I expect he'll pick it up as the WR groups gets more settled.  No Kelce in the first game, tough Jets defense, stupid gadget plays against the Donks.  Look for 4500 yards and 35 TDs by the end of the regular season.  

I think we may have turned a corner a bit with some of these WR. Seems Mahomes looked for them, he made it a priority when they doubled kelce. Moore had some good looks and caught what was thrown to him if catchable.

MVS was good for the long td but then dropped a somewhat easier one. Toney was replaced by Hardman, but did get a few looks. Hardman just seemed to open it up for others. Hardman getting a couple weeks in and we will look even better. Same with Omenihu in the d line.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

For what he's getting paid, he needs more than one TD and a few catches to prove a pulse.  Maybe he has value as a decoy or maybe Mahomes will toss him a few more, but so far, I'm not impressed. 

I think he'll start racking up some stats. Really, with Rice getting better every week (requiring more attention) and with Hardman coming in with certain packages, it's going to take some pressure off MVS.

I bet we start seeing him produce... maybe not to the level we were hoping but enough to be a factor in games. Which is really all we need.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Hardman just seemed to open it up for others. Hardman getting a couple weeks in and we will look even better. Same with Omenihu in the d line.

Yep and yep. I was really happy with CO's contributions in his first game as a Chief. Clutch sack and a tipped ball that was intercepted at the 8... taking points away from the bolts.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Mahomes got off to a slow start this season but I expect he'll pick it up as the WR groups gets more settled.  No Kelce in the first game, tough Jets defense, stupid gadget plays against the Donks.  Look for 4500 yards and 35 TDs by the end of the regular season.  

Thats 2 Tds a game the rest of the way.  I think it'll be around 5000 and 40 unless that last game is meaningless for the first round bye.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Thats 2 Tds a game the rest of the way.  I think it'll be around 5000 and 40 unless that last game is meaningless for the first round bye.

Tua and Mahomes have very similar stats.  Guess who will get it if the season ends that way.  

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes probably.  Harder schedule and less weapons.  JMO.   Or Mahomes fatigue and they gift it to Tua.

Depends. It could be said this year the Chiefs defense is an equal factor in their success, which is unusual. I don't necessarily agree, but if they are winning with Mahomes putting up reduced stats, they might look at Tua more favorably.

It's about how much a player contributes to a team's overall success... and Tua might get the nod. Good thing is, the season ain't even half over yet.