3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So you don't think the Chiefs can heat up? I am sure the Bengals fan base were saying what you are now. Go to their sites and I am sure it all has changed. We still have a very good team that is the #1 seed even with all its faults. Why is it we can't do well? You seem to want us to fail so you can say told you so.

Fine

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Welp.  We are who we are.  Sure hope this decision doesn't waste a prime year of Mahomes career.  

I think the thought of not winning a SB as a wasted year is a bit  extreme even Brady didn't win every year in his "Prime". Oh spoiled we have become

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think the thought of not winning a SB as a wasted year is a bit  extreme even Brady didn't win every year in his "Prime". Oh spoiled we have become

This.  A wasted year is when we are not in contention.  It is impossible with the way the NFL is set up to win the supervowl  every year.  The best you can expect is to be in the mix.  Which we are, even with all the whining.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That was not my point.  I don't expect to win it every year.  Its hard to do and super hard to just get there.  We area good team and can absolutely win it this year as well but if our wr's continue to play like this and we lose in a game we should have won (a la the Detroit game or on Sunday) and had the opportunity to address it then it is wasting a year of Mahomes career.   I hope it doesn't come back to bite us and I hope these guys suprise us and develop, its possible.  

Expecting Mahomes to play for 25 years like Brady is also crazy.  Smaller window overall and you should maximize every opportunity because like you said its incredibly hard to do.   

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That was not my point.  I don't expect to win it every year.  Its hard to do and super hard to just get there.  We area good team and can absolutely win it this year as well but if our wr's continue to play like this and we lose in a game we should have won (a la the Detroit game or on Sunday) and had the opportunity to address it then it is wasting a year of Mahomes career.   I hope it doesn't come back to bite us and I hope these guys suprise us and develop, its possible.  

Expecting Mahomes to play for 25 years like Brady is also crazy.  Smaller window overall and you should maximize every opportunity because like you said its incredibly hard to do.   

Its hard for me to tell if the WRs are as bad as we all think they are. I know there have been some untimely drops, but it really is hard to ask a guy like sky moore make a critical catch at a critical time in a game when the guy was only targeted twice before that. Had no chance to get into any kind of rhythm. Toney's drops in the Detroit game was after having no training camp. MVS has never really been known as a great pass catcher...Fast? yes. Tall? yes. Hands..Not so much. 

I think the passing game or lack thereof is a culmination of several things:

Playcalling, including not running the ball enough to setup some playaction to open up the middle

Playcalling - Since every defense in the NFL is focused on taking Kelce away, why not use him as a decoy to open up the WRs??

Pat - Holding the ball and waiting for guys to get completely open

Pat  Holding the ball and waiting for Kelce to get open

Andy- Rotating 6 to 7 WRs in and out of the game...No one can get into any kind of rhythm.

I do believe they will figure things out and the offense will start to take shape as they get closer to the post season. I think they're gonna TRY to get Toney going again and Rice will probably get a lot more snaps. MVS is what he is...And Watson will continue to be that deep underneath WR. 

By the way, I don't think they're gonna give up Sky Moore...quite yet. 

My .02cents

WR practice all week long and before the season. They get light practice on the field before games. They may not get 12 targets per game in most teams but should be relied on when called upon. They run the routes and should make the catch as it is their job. If memory memory/reflex is what you are talking about, that is done with repetition and practice. Moore should have enough of this in year 2 whether he gets 1 or 10 balls thrown his way.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Its hard for me to tell if the WRs are as bad as we all think they are. I know there have been some untimely drops, but it really is hard to ask a guy like sky moore make a critical catch at a critical time in a game when the guy was only targeted twice before that. Had no chance to get into any kind of rhythm. Toney's drops in the Detroit game was after having no training camp. MVS has never really been known as a great pass catcher...Fast? yes. Tall? yes. Hands..Not so much. 

I think the passing game or lack thereof is a culmination of several things:

Playcalling, including not running the ball enough to setup some playaction to open up the middle

Playcalling - Since every defense in the NFL is focused on taking Kelce away, why not use him as a decoy to open up the WRs??

Pat - Holding the ball and waiting for guys to get completely open

Pat  Holding the ball and waiting for Kelce to get open

Andy- Rotating 6 to 7 WRs in and out of the game...No one can get into any kind of rhythm.

I do believe they will figure things out and the offense will start to take shape as they get closer to the post season. I think they're gonna TRY to get Toney going again and Rice will probably get a lot more snaps. MVS is what he is...And Watson will continue to be that deep underneath WR. 

By the way, I don't think they're gonna give up Sky Moore...quite yet. 

My .02cents

There is one thing nobody is talking about when it comes to the WRs.....our rookie WR coach. He should be the who should be stressing the small details such as tempo, leverage, proper depth for routes, spacing, not tipping your hat on certain routes....and obviously knowing the right routes. It's odd that Reid named him WRs coach and not Pinkston who is our RBs coach. 

14 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

There is one thing nobody is talking about when it comes to the WRs.....our rookie WR coach. He should be the who should be stressing the small details such as tempo, leverage, proper depth for routes, spacing, not tipping your hat on certain routes....and obviously knowing the right routes. It's odd that Reid named him WRs coach and not Pinkston who is our RBs coach. 

Hmm, good point. I forgot/didn't know they had a rookie WR coach. That could have something to do with it also. I mean this offense looked fine with Demarcus Robinson, Byron Pringle, Mecole etc..Even last year with the same guys plus JuJu. Was Juju that big a difference? IDK..

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Hmm, good point. I forgot/didn't know they had a rookie WR coach. That could have something to do with it also. I mean this offense looked fine with Demarcus Robinson, Byron Pringle, Mecole etc..Even last year with the same guys plus JuJu. Was Juju that big a difference? IDK..

To me yes juju was that big of a difference.  Not the best receiver but got on the same page as Mahomes with sight adjustments, which makes a huge difference in this offense. 

9 minutes ago, xen said:

To me yes juju was that big of a difference.  Not the best receiver but got on the same page as Mahomes with sight adjustments, which makes a huge difference in this offense. 

I was fine with Ju Ju leaving and figured he wouldn’t really be missed. Shows what I know. 

4 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I was fine with Ju Ju leaving and figured he wouldn’t really be missed. Shows what I know. 

Lol..yea me too.

Juju was a good route runner tho. And he did catch the ball if it hit him in the hands...He wasn't dynamic or anything but he did his job i guess. I would ASS_U_ME that Toney could replicate that production??? 

Dunno why as I haven’t watched the pats at all but juju isn’t getting used nearly as much in NE as he was here.  He is getting about 40% of the snaps and doesn’t seem to get targeted much when he is in.  Last year he was in on 66% of the snaps.  Maybe the knee giving him trouble?

46 minutes ago, Calichief said:

To be even more fair, mac  jones might be qb 34 or 35 …

Serves NE right.  All those years of Brady and filming other teams…I mean all their hard work to scout teams.

42 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Dunno why as I haven’t watched the pats at all but juju isn’t getting used nearly as much in NE as he was here.  He is getting about 40% of the snaps and doesn’t seem to get targeted much when he is in.  Last year he was in on 66% of the snaps.  Maybe the knee giving him trouble?

That's the reports.  He got hurt in the AFCCG and played through it in the superbowl and it's still not healed.  One report said his knee was a ticking timebomb but juju says he is recovering fine so who knows.