Smith Marsette is indeed no one special, and if he was still on the roster probably nothing is different in our final record

BUT

i did not fear him muffing every punt of every game. In the limited pre season ER snaps he was impressive. He may not have the athletic ability of hardman, but I can’t say hardman ever impressed or caught punts without giving us all heart attacks.

the fact we had to panic trade for mecole and not given smith marsette a chance is something i expect the chiefs regret

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I can’t say hardman ever impressed or caught punts without giving us all heart attacks.

Completely agree.

But we won't regret bringing back Hardman. Whether it pays off or not won't be known for a while, but it's not like we were in a position to land an impact WR, but chose Hardman instead. He was a good option because we didn't have the money for anyone better. 

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Smith Marsette is indeed no one special, and if he was still on the roster probably nothing is different in our final record

BUT

i did not fear him muffing every punt of every game. In the limited pre season ER snaps he was impressive. He may not have the athletic ability of hardman, but I can’t say hardman ever impressed or caught punts without giving us all heart attacks.

the fact we had to panic trade for mecole and not given smith marsette a chance is something i expect the chiefs regret

Well said. 

On 11/11/2023 at 10:18 AM, mex said:

Completely agree.

But we won't regret bringing back Hardman. Whether it pays off or not won't be known for a while, but it's not like we were in a position to land an impact WR, but chose Hardman instead. He was a good option because we didn't have the money for anyone better. 

you will be singing a different song when he drops one in the endzone like Boyd did yesterday

17 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

you will be singing a different song when he drops one in the endzone like Boyd did yesterday

No I won't, because I know there were no better options. I'll trust Veach to know who they need and who they can afford.

Meanwhile all the naysayers can root for him to fail... just so they can say 'see I told you.'  

1 hour ago, mex said:

No I won't, because I know there were no better options. I'll trust Veach to know who they need and who they can afford.

Meanwhile all the naysayers can root for him to fail... just so they can say 'see I told you.'  

I'm not Mr. EV, i will never root for my team or players to fail for i have no ego to pump up. I just do not trust MH 100%