11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

This game was a good indicator of the change needed at WR. Less MVS and Moore and more of Rice and Ross. 

Toney, Watson, Rice, and gross should be the major contributors right now. 

in fact I would call up Chicago and see if they want either Moore or MVS for one of those two rookie DTs?

I’d like to grab Mooney from them while we are at. 

How about getting rid of CEH?  Maybe his contract right now makes that impractical, but he should be gone as soon as it is financially practical.  I would guess that is the plan.

If Kelce is fully functional, the next 4 games should be easy enough to give Moore more time to develop.  I am hoping is is merely a lack of sufficient reps.  I'm not ready to give up on him.  MVS is as close to worthless as you can get, and we are paying him big bucks.  If there ever was a truly bad Veach move, that was probably it.  We had to so something after the loss of Hill, I guess, besides JuJu.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about getting rid of CEH?  Maybe his contract right now makes that impractical, but he should be gone as soon as it is financially practical.  I would guess that is the plan.

If Kelce is fully functional, the next 4 games should be easy enough to give Moore more time to develop.  I am hoping is is merely a lack of sufficient reps.  I'm not ready to give up on him.  MVS is as close to worthless as you can get, and we are paying him big bucks.  If there ever was a truly bad Veach move, that was probably it.  We had to so something after the loss of Hill, I guess, besides JuJu.

CEH is in his last year of his rookie deal. He won't be back. MVS can be cut for nothing I believe after this year.

I think the receivers do get better as we go along. It can't get much worse than the first few games.

24 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

CEH is just playing out his contract.  No one would want him enough to give up even a 7th.

Moore shouldn't need more time to develop.  After five games, Rice is way ahead of Moore who's been in 25.   Skyy has plenty of snaps, but very few targets.  I posted a Dan Harms video earlier that showed that Moore is being ignored by Mahomes and also not being used to his best talents.  Don't know why and maybe it will come.  Agree that MVS isn't contributing.  Does Ross have the speed to go deeper at times?  He's the one who needs to develop.  

Is Noah Gray hurt?  I don't remember him going in for Kelce yesterday, He is a very good receiver.  If he is not being used at TE much, why couldn't he be used as a big, tall  possession WR? He'd have to learn the route tree.  I really don't know what his blocking is like.  It must be acceptable at least, since he is a TE.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Is Noah Gray hurt?  I don't remember him going in for Kelce yesterday, He is a very good receiver.  If he is not being used at TE much, why couldn't he be used as a big, tall  possession WR? He'd have to learn the route tree.  I really don't know what his blocking is like.  It must be acceptable at least, since he is a TE.

Probably because he runs a 4.62 and is 6'3". Not going to be much of a mismatch for CB as he is against LB etc. Don't know about his route running but as a TE he is good there.

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Gray has played pretty well.  He seems to catch what comes his way and get open.  He's not Kelce, no one is, but for the second TE, he's good.  Why is Bell still on the roster?  When the Chiefs need a sixth lineman, they bring in Allegretti. 

Yeah, I was surprised to see Allegretti in there in that situation. I know he's very good at doing backflips for a 300 lb guy. You never know when a good backflip will distract an opponent.  He could be out there when we play the Dolphins, just to taunt Hill, who needs a good taunting.  Then, flash the V sign at him.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If there is a chance to move CEH you would think it would be Washington? EB seemed to like CEH. 
maybe get WR Dyami Brown or DT John Ridgeway or maybe Antonio Gibson? 

I think we will see a natural transition on this wr corp.  Watson is the only one making it challenging because he is making regular plays.   Rice and Ross need to see the field more.  Toney is the gadget guy.  Maybe Moore has jump left in his development but 25 games in and how many flashes have we seen.  Feels like we've seen more out of Rice in just a few games.  We are winning games even though the O has looked out of sync.  We can absolutely win the SB with this team and group of wrs.  It will get better imo as the season goes on.  I know Ross dropped two but his first catch was really nice.  Rice, if he can eliminate the drops, is gonna be really good in this O.  Finally, the wrs have not been great this year but I'm going to be honest Mahomes hasn't looked quite 100% either.  His deep balls aren't great and something seems a little off.  Maybe its the routes and lack of trust but he air mailed that MVS throw yesterday that with some touch would have been an easy TD for MVS in the back of the endzone.  Then a couple of other throws that are just off which is unusual for him.  Guess I'm just saying the entire O looks off this year and we are still winning so I trust Andy and Mahomes will get it figured out when it starts to really matter.

It always really matters. The early games count just as much as the later games, and we are lucky to be 4-1.  I would have predicted 2-2.  Also, all teams continue to get better through the season. We are not unique in that.  We will be better, too, but so will our opponents.  From what I have seen, we are a playoff team.  But can we beat the top two or three teams in the league or even get all the way to the superbowl?  Not close from what I've seen.  Our two top guys have too many off field distractions from a second child to too many commercials and, of course, the Swift thing.  Wide receivers are a work in progress. Kelce is 34 and starting to get some physical problems. We will get Omenihu and everyone talks like that will be a difference for the defense.  I always waver between superbowl caliber with our coaching staff and Mahomes and a solid D, but in truth we are re-building an entire position group at WR and both of our offensive tackles. Winning a playoff game would be a big win for this year. I don't see the chemistry yet.

We are about as good as Minnesota right now.  If we had a merely good QB like Cousins, we could easily be 1-4 right now.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It always really matters. Also, all teams continue to get better through the season. We are not unique in that.  We will be better, too, but so will our opponents.  From what I have seen, we are a playoff team.  But can we beat the top two or three teams in the league or even get all the way to the superbowl?  Not close from what I've seen.  Our two top guys have too many off field distractions from a second child to too many commercials and, of course, the Swift thing.  Wide receivers are a work in progress. Kelce is 34 and starting to get some physical problems. We will get Omenihu and everyone talks like that will be a difference for the defense.  I always waver between superbowl caliber with our coaching staff and Mahomes and a solid D, but in truth we are re-building an entire position group at WR and both of our offensive tackles. Winning a playoff game would be a big win for this year. I don't see the chemistry yet.

Just as a counter, I've seen nothing that indicates that Swift is a distraction to Kelce.  Ten catches and a TD with a bum wheel isn't much of a drop off.  He's had fewer snaps this season and that's probably due to the coaches trying to preserve him for the long haul.

All teams will get better as the season moves along, especially Cincy, but KC has a lot of new young parts.  Second year DBs and WRs plus rookies leave more room for growth than average.  Dana and Wharton are improving after a few injuries and learning years.  While the Lion loss still sticks in the craw, most of us would have settled for a 4-1 (5-1 if they don't stumble Thu.) for the easier part of their schedule.

8 hours ago, Palangi said:

This game was a good indicator of the change needed at WR. Less MVS and Moore and more of Rice and Ross. 

Toney, Watson, Rice, and gross should be the major contributors right now. 

in fact I would call up Chicago and see if they want either Moore or MVS for one of those two rookie DTs?

Toney surprised me with his toughness yesterday... he was laying down some wood on those DBs... don't know how durable he is, but it's nice to see him put his shoulders into it post-catch.

3 hours ago, mex said:

Toney surprised me with his toughness yesterday... he was laying down some wood on those DBs... don't know how durable he is, but it's nice to see him put his shoulders into it post-catch.

Toney impressed me as well,  but I always get nervous when he's tackled hard. I'm still holding out hope for Sky Moore. There were a few plays he made last year that looked really nice. He seems like a player who would be good in the short/slant type routs, but that may be me seeing what I want to see. Ross seems like he could be a Tee Higgins type of WR (my hope). 

I really like Rice, he seems more like Sammy Watkins, just not as fast or athletic. 

Ross just needs to catch with his hands not his chest and stomach. Rice seems like he is working the inside well. MVS and Moore are failing as WR1 and WR2 to do the normal things outside. This day in age, WRs don’t need three years to figure stuff out. Some could bloom late, but I think Moore is ultimately a below average WR3 to WR5 type for any team and is out of the league after 5 or 6 years.