Chiefs /Vikings thread

26 minutes ago, mex said:

Uh, you ok jet? We got the donks in 4 days.

I'm fine.  The easy win I'm hoping for is the Donks game.  Hope it resembles the Bears game and the team can get a breather before facing LAC.  That's not assured in a divisional game and Denver is tired of the losing streak against the Chiefs. 

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm fine.  The easy win I'm hoping for is the Donks game.  Hope it resembles the Bears game and the team can get a breather before facing LAC.  That's not assured in a divisional game and Denver is tired of the losing streak against the Chiefs. 

The donks gave some offense 

23 minutes ago, qnet said:

The Niners look really good, wow.  Purdy is way better than Jimmy G. It's still early but if the Chiefs do make it back they have to get better on offense. An SB rematch looks scary right now.

Purdy can read a book behind the offensive line tonight. Dallas is typical garbage. I want to see the 49ers play a real team to gauge how good they actually are. Would be a much harder team to beat than the Jimmy G show.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Purdy can read a book behind the offensive line tonight. Dallas is typical garbage. I want to see the 49ers play a real team to gauge how good they actually are. Would be a much harder team to beat than the Jimmy G show.

Best team they have played was the Rams until tonight. They have yet to play a top team imo as Dallas is not it.

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Best team they have played was the Rams until tonight. They have yet to play a top team imo as Dallas is not it.

The Chiefs also haven't played a top team.  JAX and MINN are good, maybe better than average and DET is legit, but none are SB caliber at this time.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs also haven't played a top team.  JAX and MINN are good, maybe better than average and DET is legit, but none are SB caliber at this time.

I would take SF schedule over ours so far. Jets beat Buffalo as did Jax. I don't think even being the Jets, they are still a good team. The defenses and even offenses we have faced are better than what SF has faced so far. Again, my opinion but I think SF has yet to face a really good team and even a SB team too.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Cincy's got their hands full in the AFC North.

Yes they will. Still have chiefs, bills etc too. I was watching some highlights and that line is still letting a lot of pressures to the QB. Think the let him get sacked 3 more times too against a weak opponent and defense.

Well I didn’t get a chance to watch the game or listen to it. Great road win! 
how did the O line look? Any penalties ? 
looks like the offense was a little better? 3 punts and two of them late in the fourth. No turnovers which is great! 
how did our d line play? I see 3 sacks. 
looks like secondary did a great job. 
onto Denver. This will be a tougher test than we think. 

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well I didn’t get a chance to watch the game or listen to it. Great road win! 
how did the O line look? Any penalties ? 
looks like the offense was a little better? 3 punts and two of them late in the fourth. No turnovers which is great! 
how did our d line play? I see 3 sacks. 
looks like secondary did a great job. 
onto Denver. This will be a tougher test than we think. 

Just my impressions:

O-line played okay.  Didn't have the penalty problems like the earlier games.  Minny threw a huge variety of stunts and blitzes and the Chiefs still moved the ball.  Mahomes had several opportunities to scramble and didn't.  Maybe his ankle is a factor.  He still doesn't look as sharp as last season but some will contend that it's due to the WRs not yet in sync.  The WRs looked better, not complete.  Rice is okay, Watson made a huge play.  Ross did a good job on a third and long but later dropped a pass that hit him in the chest.  He needs to learn to catch the ball before it gets into his body.  Also, Ross's route tree still seems limited.  Moore is the mystery.  Mahomes doesn't seem to look his way even when he's open.  Sneed had his best game covering Jefferson.  McDuffy also played at a top level.  Watson hasn't seemed to progress from last year yet but overall, the secondary was strong.  The D had a series of four penalties in five or six plays that gave the Vikes a score in the second quarter but otherwise played okay.  The Donks are dangerous.  They were embarrassed yesterday and hate the long losing streak to the Chiefs.  Nothing to lose. The Chiefs are two score favorites, but depending on Kelce's condition and the Chiefs propensity to play down to their opponents, it could get interesting.   

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just my impressions:

O-line played okay.  Didn't have the penalty problems like the earlier games.  Minny threw a huge variety of stunts and blitzes and the Chiefs still moved the ball.  Mahomes had several opportunities to scramble and didn't.  Maybe his ankle is a factor.  He still doesn't look as sharp as last season but some will contend that it's due to the WRs not yet in sync.  The WRs looked better, not complete.  Rice is okay, Watson made a huge play.  Ross did a good job on a third and long but later dropped a pass that hit him in the chest.  He needs to learn to catch the ball before it gets into his body.  Also, Ross's route tree still seems limited.  Moore is the mystery.  Mahomes doesn't seem to look his way even when he's open.  Sneed had his best game covering Jefferson.  McDuffy also played at a top level.  Watson hasn't seemed to progress from last year yet but overall, the secondary was strong.  The D had a series of four penalties in five or six plays that gave the Vikes a score in the second quarter but otherwise played okay.  The Donks are dangerous.  They were embarrassed yesterday and hate the long losing streak to the Chiefs.  Nothing to lose. The Chiefs are two score favorites, but depending on Kelce's condition and the Chiefs propensity to play down to their opponents, it could get interesting.   

Thx Jetlord. 

11 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i was really not in favor of him coming back into the game in the 2nd half although it did give us a boost

It might have been the difference between a W and an L.  The offense picked right back up when Kelce returned to the lineup.  If it was a risk to Kelce's long term availability, I doubt the medical staff would have let him return.  

26 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i was really not in favor of him coming back into the game in the 2nd half although it did give us a boost

Same here, but tough to keep players out in a tight game. Hopefully it won't have big ramifications but I guess we'll see in a day or two. 

On 10/9/2023 at 5:42 AM, mex said:

Cincy's got their hands full in the AFC North.

They  are gonna win that division. The ravens are a mash unit. Obj sucks. Bateman isn’t right, and they have no running back. Cincy is loaded and head and shoulders above the division. 

30 minutes ago, Calichief said:

They  are gonna win that division. The ravens are a mash unit. Obj sucks. Bateman isn’t right, and they have no running back. Cincy is loaded and head and shoulders above the division. 

Maybe. But ain’t gonna be a cakewalk. They’re already behind the 8 ball and have a long climb ahead of them.