Thursday night football

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

And who put him in a position to make those bad decisions?

100% agree that he isn’t call the plays so who is?   We know obviously it’s Andy.  I just don’t understand for the life of me why we do this crap.  The Eagles lean into their strength and call that bull qb sneak push, Brady would sneak it or throw it, yet we act like we got the ghost of Damon Huard and a piss poor Oline out there.  Seriously, why do teams normally call plays like that, because they are trying to overcompensate for a weakness.   We have the best player in the world at QB and the best TE and a top 3 interior Oline, just run a regular play.   I still think Andy is mid season evaluating this team on O for the stretch.  We play down a lot to competition but we generally are always ready for good teams.  Andy is a great coach so we probably need to trust him and this process however ugly it is.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

100% agree that he isn’t call the plays so who is?   We know obviously it’s Andy.  I just don’t understand for the life of me why we do this crap.  The Eagles lean into their strength and call that bull qb sneak push, Brady would sneak it or throw it, yet we act like we got the ghost of Damon Huard and a piss poor Oline out there.  Seriously, why do teams normally call plays like that, because they are trying to overcompensate for a weakness.   We have the best player in the world at QB and the best TE and a top 3 interior Oline, just run a regular play.   I still think Andy is mid season evaluating this team on O for the stretch.  We play down a lot to competition but we generally are always ready for good teams.  Andy is a great coach so we probably need to trust him and this process however ugly it is.

I watched an interview with Michael Johnson, the sprinter dude.  For you young people, he had a really weird running style, but was untouchable in the 400 and 200.  He looked really strange though. A reporter asked him why he didn't run like everyone else.  He said something like "If I ran like everyone else, then I'd run like everyone else". I think you get a little of that with Andy.  Chris Jones and Kelce have the opportunity to free lance.  Mahomes gets to improvise a lot.   The guys like to play for him and he seems to take the grind out of these long seasons.  We hardly ever lose "trap games".  It can be frustrating, but seems to be our thing.  And our thing has resulted in one of the best runs in NFL history.  But I wouldn't mind just taking the easy yard once in a while also.  

Just now, arrowhead said:

On the Toney misfortune, Herbstreit said if he had handed it off, first down was easy. Maybe Toney feels he has to score a TD each touch.  

Spags said Jones can freelance, he doesn't know where he's gonna line up at times.

Toney had several brain farts.  The jet sweep when Patrick had to put him back in place, the decision to throw that ball into coverage, and the failure to handoff.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Looks like he played 5 defensive snaps. Did he get injured?

Still learning, be like Karlaftis and even Jones back in the day. He will come on towards the end of the season most likely in this defense.  Dana is looking damn fine and we get Omenihu back for the next 9 days leading up to the Chargers.  Giving FAU time to sit back and learn. I live this depth we have finally on the line, even Nnadi seems to be showing up lately 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Still learning, be like Karlaftis and even Jones back in the day. He will come on towards the end of the season most likely in this defense.  Dana is looking damn fine and we get Omenihu back for the next 9 days leading up to the Chargers.  Giving FAU time to sit back and learn. I live this depth we have finally on the line, even Nnadi seems to be showing up lately 

None the less, he had been playing about 20 snaps a game up until last night.  

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm trying to see the glass half full, so for now assume that Andy is just fooling around and will do more conventional plays when they get to LAC, BUFF, MIA, CINN, and PHL.  The silly Toney plays and fake kick probably won't happen in those tighter games.  Let's face it.  The Chiefs weren't really in danger of losing.  Yeah, Denver closed to within eight points, but never did I feel that the Chiefs were in danger.  They could move the ball at will and Denver only scored via a ticky tack roughing the passer call and a marginal TD pass.  When the games get more serious, Andy will get more serious.  He's playing games with the league right now.  

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm trying to see the glass half full, so for now assume that Andy is just fooling around and will do more conventional plays when they get to LAC, BUFF, MIA, CINN, and PHL.  The silly Toney plays and fake kick probably won't happen in those tighter games.  Let's face it.  The Chiefs weren't really in danger of losing.  Yeah, Denver closed to within eight points, but never did I feel that the Chiefs were in danger.  They could move the ball at will and Denver only scored via a ticky tack roughing the passer call and a marginal TD pass.  When the games get more serious, Andy will get more serious.  He's playing games with the league right now.  

He should be working on getting the WR more involved and where each one excels.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He should be working on getting the WR more involved and where each one excels.

He's certainly bringing on Rice faster than expected.  Moore and Toney got a few targets.  Watson dropped his only chance and paid for it with an injury.  The real question is what's happened to MVS.  He doesn't seem to have any part in the offense and is just playing out his contract.  Ross may see some action replacing Watson and I hope he takes advantage of it.  BTW:  Hopkins, who so many hoped would come in and light up the WR room has a total of 356 yards with 0 TDs so far.  Might do better with Mahomes, but hardly the next Randy Moss. 

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He's certainly bringing on Rice faster than expected.  Moore and Toney got a few targets.  Watson dropped his only chance and paid for it with an injury.  The real question is what's happened to MVS.  He doesn't seem to have any part in the offense and is just playing out his contract.  Ross may see some action replacing Watson and I hope he takes advantage of it.  BTW:  Hopkins, who so many hoped would come in and light up the WR room has a total of 356 yards with 0 TDs so far.  Might do better with Mahomes, but hardly the next Randy Moss. 

Hopkins would have a lot more in this team than with Texans. Still he went for the money instead of a chance. I too hope Ross can make something of this. MVS is done after this year. We can use that moneybfor a better upgrade if need be in FA or use towards resigning our own.

He has a 14 mil cap hit with 2 mil dead space next year. His ass is gone. 7 receptions and 116 yards in 6 games? What a waste.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Hopkins would have a lot more in this team than with Texans. Still he went for the money instead of a chance. I too hope Ross can make something of this. MVS is done after this year. We can use that moneybfor a better upgrade if need be in FA or use towards resigning our own.

He has a 14 mil cap hit with 2 mil dead space next year. His ass is gone. 7 receptions and 116 yards in 6 games? What a waste.

Was a great post all up until you said Texans, he's with the Titans!

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Nnadi looking sweet! 

On 10/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, Thegoatee said:

Stupid CEH plays.

Let's not get carried away here. We need CEH. He's still a serviceable RB... Pacheco's 'balls to the wall' style of never quitting and giving it 120% on every single play (arguably what makes him great) increases odds for injury in a 17-20 game season. CEH certainly hasn't performed like a first rounder but he still has value spelling Pacheco and he can catch the ball as a checkdown option. 

2 hours ago, mex said:

Let's not get carried away here. We need CEH. He's still a serviceable RB... Pacheco's 'balls to the wall' style of never quitting and giving it 120% on every single play (arguably what makes him great) increases odds for injury in a 17-20 game season. CEH certainly hasn't performed like a first rounder but he still has value spelling Pacheco and he can catch the ball as a checkdown option. 

His runs are so... pedestrian.  Really wanted us to draft De'von Achane in the 2nd.  Course I wanted us to convert him to a receiver too so shows what I know.

3 hours ago, mex said:

Maybe it's the plays, but it seems that CEH has regressed.  Isn't he playing for a contract with someone next season?  Would like to see him as a receiver a few more times but running through the line just isn't working. 

On 10/13/2023 at 5:39 PM, reesebobby said:

Toney had several brain farts.  The jet sweep when Patrick had to put him back in place, the decision to throw that ball into coverage, and the failure to handoff.  

I wonder if Mahomes putting him back into positions tipped of the D.  Had to be frustrating for Mahomes especially with a guy who was in the building a good portion of last year and all offseason (even if part of it was injured).   Oh well, gotta imagine that will get cleaned up.

8 hours ago, mex said:

22 guys off the street can produce the same stats and impact as CEH. 30 carries, 100 yards.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe it's the plays, but it seems that CEH has regressed.  Isn't he playing for a contract with someone next season?  Would like to see him as a receiver a few more times but running through the line just isn't working. 

There’s no chance he gets another contract anywhere. He’s not good. He’s going to be modeling clothes on the catwalk after the nfl. He offers nothing.