Chiefs not looking too bad after all....

Well boys the Chiefs aren't looking too bad right about now. If we can get our offense in rhythm and keep the D playing like they have been, we're still the team to beat.

Down goes San Fran, down goes Philly. Both to AFC teams one of which we defeated in their home stadium. Philly didn't look like world-beaters vs the Jets. 

And the niners? Good grief Cleveland TRIED to lose that game. PJ Walker made tons of huge mistakes (understandably) but the niners had a ton of chances to put it away, and couldn't get it done.

Last week the pundits had the Niners going undefeated, and Brock Purdy was the next Joe Montana. :lol:  Purdy went 12-27 with 1 int. Admittedly, CLE has probably the top D in the league. But man everyone was talking about how nobody in the league can hold a candle to the niners.

I like our chances... especially if our defense keeps it up.

It's been like this every season lately. One team appears to be unstoppable, but things change as the season goes along. I still think the 49ers & Eagles are top-teams, but I like how the Chiefs just fly below the radar and slowly get better and better. 

31 minutes ago, qnet said:

It's been like this every season lately. One team appears to be unstoppable, but things change as the season goes along. I still think the 49ers & Eagles are top-teams, but I like how the Chiefs just fly below the radar and slowly get better and better. 

Agreed....Chiefs seem better when they play under the radar just behind whoever the media's flavor of the week happens to be. 

The Niners and Iggles both lost to teams they should have easily handled. (as did the Chiefs)  It just goes to show how hard it is for a team to be up every week.  It not like Buff, Cincy, Mia, or KC beat those teams.  Let's just hope the Chiefs have most of their down games behind them.  

I still think the 49ers are the most overrated team in the league. Last year our game against them was billed as best offense vs best defense and we boat raced them. They have a weak schedule and actually faced a real defense that didn’t let Purdy read a book in the pocket every play.

16 hours ago, mex said:

Well boys the Chiefs aren't looking too bad right about now. If we can get our offense in rhythm and keep the D playing like they have been, we're still the team to beat.

Down goes San Fran, down goes Philly. Both to AFC teams one of which we defeated in their home stadium. Philly didn't look like world-beaters vs the Jets. 

And the niners? Good grief Cleveland TRIED to lose that game. PJ Walker made tons of huge mistakes (understandably) but the niners had a ton of chances to put it away, and couldn't get it done.

Last week the pundits had the Niners going undefeated, and Brock Purdy was the next Joe Montana. :lol:  Purdy went 12-27 with 1 int. Admittedly, CLE has probably the top D in the league. But man everyone was talking about how nobody in the league can hold a candle to the niners.

I like our chances... especially if our defense keeps it up.

Honestly, the bills should have or could have lost as well. 

Yeah the embarrassed statement had to rub Pat wrong considering he kneeled it before making it a 30 point game.  That team might have been real scary if Rodgers hadn't got hurt.  Other than that it is Any Given Sunday.  We are right in the thick of things and we have yet to even remotely see our potential realized.  Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah the embarrassed statement had to rub Pat wrong considering he kneeled it before making it a 30 point game.  That team might have been real scary if Rodgers hadn't got hurt.  Other than that it is Any Given Sunday.  We are right in the thick of things and we have yet to even remotely see our potential realized.  Time will tell.

We are tied for best record roughly a third of the way through.  I believe I saw we have one of the easiest remaining schedules which doesn’t mean much.  Cool…still don’t have the horses though.  One goes down the whole thing starts to tumble.  Kelce and Mahomes have already been hobbled a bit with ankles.  Need more weapons to open it up.  

36 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Pat hears shit and I love it. He responded to Salah’s dumb ass presser. Pat is more motivated by the bull shit than I ever imagined he would be. Petty Pat is dangerous

28 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I assume this is something he said on X (twitter)?

3 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

We are tied for best record roughly a third of the way through.  I believe I saw we have one of the easiest remaining schedules which doesn’t mean much.  Cool…still don’t have the horses though.  One goes down the whole thing starts to tumble.  Kelce and Mahomes have already been hobbled a bit with ankles.  Need more weapons to open it up.  

MIA, BUF, CINN, PHL, LAC (2).  How does that give the Chiefs the easiest remaining schedule?  With Rodgers out, the first six games were the softest part of the schedule for the Chiefs.  JMHO

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Honestly, the bills should have or could have lost as well. 

Has there ever been a season where the coaches made more clock mistakes than this one?  College and pros, both, have seen many games where the opportunities right before half time or at the end of the game are wasted because of bad clock management.  I don't know a tenth of what the coaches do about football, but it's obvious that there are times to burn clock and times to hurry up.  If the head coach is overloaded with other things, someone on the sidelines should make him aware.  The Giants wasted an easy three points before the half and burned up the clock at the end of the game.  Another thirty seconds remaining would most likely have meant a Bills loss.  

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Has there ever been a season where the coaches made more clock mistakes than this one?  College and pros, both, have seen many games where the opportunities right before half time or at the end of the game are wasted because of bad clock management.  I don't know a tenth of what the coaches do about football, but it's obvious that there are times to burn clock and times to hurry up.  If the head coach is overloaded with other things, someone on the sidelines should make him aware.  The Giants wasted an easy three points before the half and burned up the clock at the end of the game.  Another thirty seconds remaining would most likely have meant a Bills loss.  

Pains me to say it, but the NFL has been kind of a garbage product this season.

Saturdays are my do-nothing, watch 8-10 hours of football days.  Find myself doing a lot more yard work/home improvement projects on Sundays.

16 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

That literally can be said about it any of the top teams.  Tua/Hill, Hurts/Brown, Allen/Doggs.  That is partly why winning a SB requires a lot of talent and a little bit of luck.  I actually think this team is better prepared to handle an injury or two outside of Pat.  Bolton has been down and you hardly notice it.  It’s a long season but I think our training staff does a great job of preventative health and rehab. 

9 hours ago, ATLchief said:

Pains me to say it, but the NFL has been kind of a garbage product this season.

Saturdays are my do-nothing, watch 8-10 hours of football days.  Find myself doing a lot more yard work/home improvement projects on Sundays.

The CLE/SF game was good. Some matchups are garbage, and before DAL beat the Bolts I thought there was a clear difference in quality between the NFC and AFC... but it looks like a lot of teams are leveling out. Which bodes well for KC this year. 

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

I don't blame Saleh for complimenting his defense. The Jets are good. With Rodgers they might have been great.

Mahomes had one of the worst games of his career against the Jets. He completed 60% of his passes, but he threw a few picks with only 1 TD. One of the worst QBRs since the TB SB debacle.

It happens. Honestly, it's what I love about Patrick... his offense was sputtering in the red zone and he was trying to make things happen. Dude's a competitor.