Chiefs not looking too bad after all....

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

That literally can be said about it any of the top teams.  Tua/Hill, Hurts/Brown, Allen/Doggs.  That is partly why winning a SB requires a lot of talent and a little bit of luck.  I actually think this team is better prepared to handle an injury or two outside of Pat.  Bolton has been down and you hardly notice it.  It’s a long season but I think our training staff does a great job of preventative health and rehab. 

It was nice having him back, tho. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Stupid imo. He was told they would suck last year without Hill. He had Moore as a rookie, who everyone thought year 2 would be better because of the system Reid runs. Still to early to judge him yet it is not looking great. Toney was the question mark. In fact, they had enough worries to draft Rice. They went out further to invest in a FA who got hurt and was our returner. They had MVS, who we all would have went nuts if he cut him before year 2 here. So many ways to judge a guy with hindsight but the fact is he goes out and hits what we need. We needed an O line, he went out and did a rebuild in one off season.

Need CBs? He invested late rounds and such in trades for them. FA he got guys like Tranquil and drafted Bolton, gay, chenel etc. He has built a team that was all offense into a defense that now holds their own while Veach and company fix the WR problem. The only thing we could have done was get that true vet type WR. Hell the team carried 7 WRs on their roster. It is not like he and others did not try to set it up to succeed. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Should have been addressed to Andy cause Veach isn't going to make a unilateral move and chances are it will be Andy going to Veach saying see what what you can find in WR if they decide to do that.  

Top 10 offense and top 5 D.  Probably the most well rounded team in the Mahomes era.  

Just now, Okiechief1 said:

Should have been addressed to Andy cause Veach isn't going to make a unilateral move and chances are it will be Andy going to Veach saying see what what you can find in WR if they decide to do that.  

Top 10 offense and top 5 D.  Probably the most well rounded team in the Mahomes era.  

Honestly, I'm more worried about Mahomes currently than the receivers.  He does not seem himself to me.  Captain Insano at right tackle might be a big part of the overall problem I think.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Honestly, I'm more worried about Mahomes currently than the receivers.  He does not seem himself to me.  Captain Insano at right tackle might be a big part of the overall problem I think.  

He is better than Wiley, so Mahomes knows how to deal with it. 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Meh. Patrick is allowed to have a bad game. And he's only had one. The rest of our issues are related to underperforming wide-outs.

The offensive line seems to be holding its own.

Just now, mex said:

Meh. Patrick is allowed to have a bad game. And he's only had one. The rest of our issues are related to underperforming wide-outs.

The offensive line seems to be holding its own.

I'm not even sure which game is his bad game.  Jets or Lions I guess.  He's currently at career worsts for pretty much every important stat except completion percentage.  His YPA, YPG, TD%, INT%, QBR, Rate, Passing Success %.  He's on pace for career low in TD's and career high in INT.  He just doesn't look the same to me.   He is floating up some bad balls.  I realize it's early.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not even sure which game is his bad game.  Jets or Lions I guess.  He's currently at career worsts for pretty much every important stat except completion percentage.  His YPA, YPG, TD%, INT%, QBR, Rate, Passing Success %.  He's on pace for career low in TD's and career high in INT.  He just doesn't look the same to me.   He is floating up some bad balls.  I realize it's early.

He's been pressing. Because he's a competitor and his wideouts aren't getting separation.

I was referring to the Jets game with the 2 picks.

He played well against Detroit. The pick 6 was a fluke... hit Toney right in the numbers. How many drops did they have that day... 

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think the Jets was his bad game. The dropped passes by our receivers against the Lions was not on him and neither was the pick 6.

Mahomes has to start looking at other wr. There are plays in the last game where people were open. He has focused in on kelce and maybe rice. 
similar to when hill was here. 
I think that is part of the problem. 
The other part is how defenses are playing us. Rushing four, deep shell coverages combined with zone and man. There are alot of bodies in the way of passing lanes. 
another part I think is Reid and his play calling. 
I’m no expert but this is what I see. 
the few drives that we start and finish with a TD ( that don’t have a highlite reel catch like watson did) it’s all about quick passing and running the ball. 

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Mahomes has to start looking at other wr. There are plays in the last game where people were open. He has focused in on kelce and maybe rice. 
similar to when hill was here. 
I think that is part of the problem. 
The other part is how defenses are playing us. Rushing four, deep shell coverages combined with zone and man. There are alot of bodies in the way of passing lanes. 
another part I think is Reid and his play calling. 
I’m no expert but this is what I see. 
the few drives that we start and finish with a TD ( that don’t have a highlite reel catch like watson did) it’s all about quick passing and running the ball. 

Agree.  There're a number of plays where Moore is wide open and Mahomes ignores him.  It's easy to understand why he prefers Kelce, but they need more than Moore and Rice.  I think it will get better as the season progresses, but it's frustrating to see the 30 points/game offense struggle to score 20 when the defense has finally come around.  Big test against the Chargers and Fish coming up.  

On 10/17/2023 at 4:41 PM, Mr Ev said:

Yeah, I read it.  Looked a like a typical fan piece.  Feigns a few compliments to set up the criticism and then offer their professional advice about who Veach should go after.  None of which move the needle imo.  Also, the author failed to acknowledge the CJ95 ordeal that held cap space hostage for all of FA.  Sure Veach overestimated this wr room.  Kinda hard not to after last year.   It hasn't worked out the way he had hoped but he also didn't overpay which was a precedent set the previous year.   He wisely let Juju and Hardman walk.  IMO Skyy Moore is his one blemish outside of not addressing the position in FA.  No GM is perfect and maybe wr's are his weak area but I think he is aware of the issues on this team.  I'll give him some time to get it fixed.  He fixed an entire Oline in one offseason.   Rice looks to be at worse a future #2.  Toney, Moore, and Ross are on cheap club controlled deals.  He can go out and get a #1 next offseason.   

To build a dynasty that lasts run you have to trust your draft picks and occassionaly the potential development of young players.  Its worked out in other areas but my guess is Andy's offense and the amount of in route decisions that need to be made make it difficult for some wrs.  Also, as good as the best gms are they are going to have misses.  I'm more concerned with the scouting department and wr coach.  Seems like there has been some turnover in the coaching and maybe the scouts are finding the best fits for Andy.   They have figured out someone in regards to DBs so we can only hope they can do the same with the wrs.

I like KC's chances again this year....The offense will keep improving.  The defense will as well with CO coming back this week.

One item to note, the Niners were without McCaffrey and Deebo in that loss.  That is a very big deal as it proved San Fran will go as far as McCaffrey can carry that team.

Purdy is Alex Smith Jr.

w

On 10/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, kkuenn said:

Man did the refs help the Bills win that game.... waiting to see everyone on the internet explode on the no call like they do with the Chiefs every week.

Fan bases that spend all week using bad or questionable calls as an excuse and as a source of anger are losers. Or at least the fans who are doing the complaining are.  Granted, it's hard sometimes.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:50 PM, reesebobby said:

Read some article saying that across the NLF that offenses are playing poorly, like the work overall production in the last 20 years (Maybe it was 10 years I forget).  I do agree though.  He hasn't looked great.  I think you can make excuses for both sides of this as well.  Drops, new guys etc vs guys are open and he isn't hitting them, pressing etc.  My guess its a little of both.  He is such a competitor that I think a few of his dumb ints are him saying F it and tossing it up.  We know he hates the way defenses are forcing him to dink and dunk and then couple that with new tackles and poor wr play and a qb who is pressing and that is a recipe for some dumb mistakes.  

I trust Veach and so far this season it seems he has fixed our D or at least turned them into a competent unit which is in essence fixing the D.  This D has the opportunity to be really good to so that is a bonus.   In doing so I think they leaned in on their young wr's and trusted they would take the necessary steps in development instead of seeking FA options.  Throw in CJ's holding our cap hostage situation that definitely didn't help.   In hindsight it was a mistake.  MVS has been a waste, Moore has been terribly underwhelming, Toney has been non existent, and our best wr was a guy that I'm sure we signed to round out our roster and for depth.  Rice is the lone bright spot and he is a rookie.  

Throw in some horrible drops, atrocious playcalling, and then a frustrated Mahomes and its not hard to see why his numbers are down.  Then throw in that bull crap Tayor witch hunt.  Feels like its a lot of things that have frustrated the O and got them out of sync.  Some self inflicted for sure and some of those are Mahomes mistakes, but I think they will start figuring it out and get it turned around.  I sure hope they do, this year looks like a great opportunity with our D playing better and some key injuries to some contending teams.   Dang, sorry for the novel boys! 

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Read some article saying that across the NLF that offenses are playing poorly, like the work overall production in the last 20 years (Maybe it was 10 years I forget).

OR   defenses are better.  Takes two to tango.  There are surely more great QB's in the league than there have been for long time.

or....our WR lack of speed is not enabling the deep routes to develop and the "zone" between the LB's and DB's has been compressed.

Mahomes has to make "float" throws to fit the ball in the tight window and he is still working on this.

Mahomes is pretty good at laser beams at 20-30 yds - hitting guys in stride...

JMHO

19 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

OR   defenses are better.  Takes two to tango.  There are surely more great QB's in the league than there have been for long time.

It was not long ago the league had Brady, manning, Rodgers, rivers, big Ben, Brees, the other manning, and Matt Ryan in his prime. 

20 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Read some article saying that across the NLF that offenses are playing poorly, like the work overall production in the last 20 years (Maybe it was 10 years I forget).  I do agree though.  He hasn't looked great.  I think you can make excuses for both sides of this as well.  Drops, new guys etc vs guys are open and he isn't hitting them, pressing etc.  My guess its a little of both.  He is such a competitor that I think a few of his dumb ints are him saying F it and tossing it up.  We know he hates the way defenses are forcing him to dink and dunk and then couple that with new tackles and poor wr play and a qb who is pressing and that is a recipe for some dumb mistakes.  

I trust Veach and so far this season it seems he has fixed our D or at least turned them into a competent unit which is in essence fixing the D.  This D has the opportunity to be really good to so that is a bonus.   In doing so I think they leaned in on their young wr's and trusted they would take the necessary steps in development instead of seeking FA options.  Throw in CJ's holding our cap hostage situation that definitely didn't help.   In hindsight it was a mistake.  MVS has been a waste, Moore has been terribly underwhelming, Toney has been non existent, and our best wr was a guy that I'm sure we signed to round out our roster and for depth.  Rice is the lone bright spot and he is a rookie.  

Throw in some horrible drops, atrocious playcalling, and then a frustrated Mahomes and its not hard to see why his numbers are down.  Then throw in that bull crap Tayor witch hunt.  Feels like its a lot of things that have frustrated the O and got them out of sync.  Some self inflicted for sure and some of those are Mahomes mistakes, but I think they will start figuring it out and get it turned around.  I sure hope they do, this year looks like a great opportunity with our D playing better and some key injuries to some contending teams.   Dang, sorry for the novel boys! 

Aren't defenses always ahead of offenses during the first part of season?