Belichick

reesebobby

2 hours ago, xen said:

Never even made the playoffs without Tommy.  The shine is gone.

He actually made it in 21, with Mac Jones, but got shellacked by the Bills in the first round.  I think he's a decent coach, but having an above average QB is very important.

46 minutes ago, qnet said:

He actually made it in 21, with Mac Jones, but got shellacked by the Bills in the first round.  I think he's a decent coach, but having an above average QB is very important.

Oh yeah.  That shellacking the bills put on em probably wiped it from my brain.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

He has been shit without Brady. Reid did it with qbs that were discarded or drafted late etc. Reid has been good with any qb to win and get playoffs etc. It took Mahomes to put him over the top though. Reid at least won without a goat at qb, something Belichek can't seem to do.

11 minutes ago, xen said:

The season before was the 16-0 season.  Still even had Randy Moss and Wes Welker, plus good defense.

Yeah, not to many times a team goes 11-5 and miss the playoffs.  They lost the division to Miami due to head to head and lost the wild card to Ravens as both Miami and Ravens had 8-4 conference records while NE was 7-5 in the afc conference.

5 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah not sure how you fuck up "just toss it up to Moss somewhere" or Welker being open by 5 yards every play.

Manoman, what a route runner.  Did anyone ever create more separation than him?  Jerry Rice?  Hill, maybe?

On 10/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, reesebobby said:

Still the G.O.A.T.?  No way in the world would I trade andy for him. 

80 - 93 record without Brady. He has the 4th most losses by any NFL head coach, ever (he can take over the top spot this year). 

He was never the G.O.A.T.

• 1 month later...

39 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Depending on what long time ago means, every team would have been all in for him.  Seems like the shine would be off by now.  He's gonna be 72 years old next season also.  

Well this was a couple months ago. I posted it somewhere lol