It makes me feel dirty, rooting for the Cowboys, but I do it for tonight.  Andy has a good history of games after a bye so maybe a mini-bye will have the same effect.  Let's just hope he spent all his cute plays last week and plays it straight against the Chargers.  Regardless of the DAL/LAC result, the Chiefs need to win at least one Charger game.  Two would clinch the AFCW.  Might as well start with the first one. 

3 minutes ago, mex said:

I'm a Pokes fan today.

I am a fan of any team against our division rivals unless said team is in a race against us for best conference record and our division rivals suck. I would root for Raiders against the Bills late in a season if we already own the division and bills are tied with us for number 1 seed. That makes me sick thinking about it but that is the only way I could hope for a division rivals win.

22 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I am a fan of any team against our division rivals unless said team is in a race against us for best conference record and our division rivals suck. I would root for Raiders against the Bills late in a season if we already own the division and bills are tied with us for number 1 seed. That makes me sick thinking about it but that is the only way I could hope for a division rivals win.

I tried rooting for the Raiders in a situation you described. I became violently ill so.....na!

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers next week.....can we pretty much say "it's over"? I mean that would be a sizeable lead. Some may say, "what about the Raiders?" They can't play the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos every week. There are some real teams on their schedule (including the Chiefs) and I expect them to lose them all.

30 minutes ago, dhitter said:

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers next week.....can we pretty much say "it's over"? I mean that would be a sizeable lead. Some may say, "what about the Raiders?" They can't play the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos every week. There are some real teams on their schedule (including the Chiefs) and I expect them to lose them all.

No.

No, and NO.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

No.

No, and NO.

Yes. If we even split with the Chargers and get a 3 game lead with 10 games to play, that will be very difficult for them to over take us. I doubt we lose to Raiders and Broncos. Splitting with chargers would put us 5-1 in the division. If we hold, we would then have Broncos, 2 against Raiders, one against chargers in that 10 game spread. I think we can go 3-3 at worse and still win the division in those other 5 games. We play Miami, Eagles, Bills, Cincy, NE and GB.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Yes. If we even split with the Chargers and get a 3 game lead with 10 games to play, that will be very difficult for them to over take us. I doubt we lose to Raiders and Broncos. Splitting with chargers would put us 5-1 in the division. If we hold, we would then have them, 2 against Raiders, one against chargers in that 9 game spread. I think we can go 3-3 at worse and still win the division in those other 5 games. We play Miami, Eagles, Bills, Cincy, NE and GB.

Never say "It's over" less than halfway through the season.

You fuckin' youngsters.

1 hour ago, mex said:

You fuckin' youngsters.

I get it. You still are suffering from PMS.....you know, pre Mahomes syndrome. This franchise was a walking "gonna screw it up and let you down" prior to #15 arriving on the scene. Uttering words like "I think we might win this!".....that was just asking for it. Luckily, those days are over.

2 hours ago, mex said:

You fuckin' youngsters.

"it's over" means more than winning the division.  The Chiefs are playing for their eighth in a row, but the real goal is playoff seedings.  BUFF and CINN don't look as formidable as last year but a MIA or BAL could sneak in with only four losses.  Win the division and get a home game.  Win the conference and play another AFCCG in Arrowhead.  That's why the Lions game was such a waste of opportunity.  

6 hours ago, dhitter said:

I get it. You still are suffering from PMS.....you know, pre Mahomes syndrome. This franchise was a walking "gonna screw it up and let you down" prior to #15 arriving on the scene. Uttering words like "I think we might win this!".....that was just asking for it. Luckily, those days are over.

You still don't jinx yourself by underestimating an opponent... let alone a half-season's worth.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I think he is more inclined to let the defensive guys get right to work than if it were an offensive guy. 

He did let CJ play right away... but in a more limited role IIRC.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I think he is more inclined to let the defensive guys get right to work than if it were an offensive guy. 

Omenihu will probably be limited and only come in on third downs or maybe second and long plays.  Jones, Dana, Omenihu, and the Greek Freak, if they can work together, should get a decent rush.