19 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yeah ...except my words have no power to influence jack squat much less and NFL game.

Yeah... that's why in a major league dugout, if a pitcher hasn't given up a hit everyone in the dugout freely casually and repeatedly mentions 'no-hitter' to the pitcher.

Because they're professionals... who know their words have no power to influence the game. :lol: :lol: 

1 hour ago, mex said:

Yeah... that's why in a major league dugout, if a pitcher hasn't given up a hit everyone in the dugout freely casually and repeatedly mentions 'no-hitter' to the pitcher.

Because they're professionals... who know their words have no power to influence the game. :lol: :lol: 

Somehow, I doubt Dhitter's words spoken from the couch in front of his TV carry the same weight as those of a teammate sitting next to the pitcher on the dugout bench.

2 hours ago, mex said:

The other dugout should call him out on the no hitter he is throwing against them then!

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Somehow, I doubt Dhitter's words spoken from the couch in front of his TV carry the same weight as those of a teammate sitting next to the pitcher on the dugout bench.

You can argue all you want... but you just don't say shit like that.

19 hours ago, mex said:

Teammates vs.some random fan on the interweb? You really want to put those on the same footing? 

I guarantee that every completed no hitter ever in MLB that there was a fan somewhere yelling "It's the 7th inning and "x" has a freaking' no hitter going!" We just tend to remember the ones where someone said it and the pitcher failed.

It's ok mex.....I like your posts anyway bro.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Teammates vs.some random fan on the interweb? You really want to put those on the same footing? 

I guarantee that every completed no hitter ever in MLB that there was a fan somewhere yelling "It's the 7th inning and "x" has a freaking' no hitter going!" We just tend to remember the ones where someone said it and the pitcher failed.

It's ok mex.....I like your posts anyway bro.

It's never a good idea to tempt fate, especially when it's the Kansas City Chiefs. 

There's a reason you don't talk about a no-hitter. There's a reason you don't say 'we have the division wrapped up' in week 7.

It's the same reason.

I like your posts too DH.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

No Mike Williams, Derwin gimpy, OC out, a couple DBs not 100%, short week for the Chargers and mini bye for the Chiefs.  It will probably be a heart stopping game with the margin a max of 3 points.  "That's the way we roll." 

They always have to make it interesting. 

It’s a good thing the Chiefs have pretty much wrapped up the division already.