Hardman's Back

The New York Jets are trading wide receiver Mecole Hardman back to the Kansas City Chiefs in a deal that involves a swap of 2025 late-round draft picks, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Jets will receive a 2025 sixth-round pick in exchange for a 2025 seventh-round selection in the deal, the sources said.

The Jets signed Hardman to a one-year, $4 million contract this offseason, but he has played only 28 offensive snaps so far this season and has only one reception.

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So people are doing handsprings over getting Hardman, whose four years of highlights took up less than five minutes of YouTube video, but don't want Clark, who mentored Karlaftis and made a number of impactful plays in four years of playoffs.  Makes sense.  

I don't see anyone doing handsprings. We know he's not a top tier WR but we also know the current WR corps has been struggling a bit (see Detroit and NYJ) and we know he can help. Nothing wrong with that.

Could our defense use clark? Yeah... he could help. 

But most here think WR is a more pressing need this year.

lol "four years of highlights"

That wasn't NEARLY all of his highlights. I remember a pretty key play in OT of the Buffalo game... for starters... I could name more.

10 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I missed Hardman. Nice to have him back for cheap. The least he can do is stretch the field and open up things underneath. 

Yeah, even if he’s only good for a few gadget plays a year, defenses will have to prepare them every game. 

I think they are gonna try to use him deep. More of what they’ve been trying to do with MVS. deep pats and some GO stuff. 

24 minutes ago, mex said:

I don't see anyone doing handsprings. We know he's not a top tier WR but we also know the current WR corps has been struggling a bit (see Detroit and NYJ) and we know he can help. Nothing wrong with that.

That wasn't NEARLY all of his highlights. I remember a pretty key play in OT of the Buffalo game... for starters... I could name more.

exactly.. he has 1 thing that no other WR has currently on roster has.. stupid speed also with the current roster as much familiarity with Patrick/Playbook if not more the other WRs. The sad part about it is if one chooses to see it that way, MH could possibly become the #1WR in matter of a few weeks or less. Trying to poo poo this trade away as not an improvement  well I could say something but I'll just say Bless their hearts.

Andy and Brett no doubt see that the WRs are in need of speed and Patrick's confidence. It appears that they where not seeing what other option there was and little cost since 1/3 of the season has been played and paid for by the JETS.

23 minutes ago, mex said:

Crazy how high the expectations were for Hardman compared to Moore.  Hardman has made some incredible plays, not nearly enough for most but some amazing and important plays.  Skyy Moore has been given tons of grace in comparison.  I for one am glad Hardman is back his speed is an asset even if its just on gadget plays and I have to believe that stint in NY was humbling.  Maybe he comes back humble and hungry.

I also would love Frank to be back for the stretch and for his mentorship.  Low key acquisitions that could pay off handsomely in the playoffs.