Hardman's Back

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Crazy how high the expectations were for Hardman compared to Moore.  Hardman has made some incredible plays, not nearly enough for most but some amazing and important plays.  Skyy Moore has been given tons of grace in comparison.  I for one am glad Hardman is back his speed is an asset even if its just on gadget plays and I have to believe that stint in NY was humbling.  Maybe he comes back humble and hungry.

I also would love Frank to be back for the stretch and for his mentorship.  Low key acquisitions that could pay off handsomely in the playoffs.  

Preach on brother 

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

exactly.. he has 1 thing that no other WR has currently on roster has.. stupid speed also with the current roster as much familiarity with Patrick/Playbook if not more the other WRs. The sad part about it is if one chooses to see it that way, MH could possibly become the #1WR in matter of a few weeks or less. Trying to poo poo this trade away as not an improvement  well I could say something but I'll just say Bless their hearts.

Andy and Brett no doubt see that the WRs are in need of speed and Patrick's confidence. It appears that they where not seeing what other option there was and little cost since 1/3 of the season has been played and paid for by the JETS.

Define #1 WR. 

Patrick's confidence, they wouldn't have let him go in the first place. A better move would have been to keep MH and let MVS go.

He's on the roster, I'll root for him and I hope he tears that shit up. Color me skeptical.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Define #1 WR. 

Patrick's confidence, they wouldn't have let him go in the first place. A better move would have been to keep MH and let MVS go.

He's on the roster, I'll root for him and I hope he tears that shit up. Color me skeptical.

a go to that the QB has confidence in and out performs all the others while demanding the coverage of the other teams' best DB. He's certainly going to command attention with his speed alone and it wont take much to out perform the other WR and I think the Patrick confidence will be earned in short order.

disagree. I believe they where drunk on their success of a SB with no Tyreek and also did not think they could afford him as they tried to resign CJ. I dont think they took into consideration the 1A &1B where Hardman & JuJu.. they let both go. 

color me hopeful but even if he fails there where no better options..Who Dares Wins

Both of these make too much sense not to pull the trigger on.  And hey, we're getting Frank back so he can pull the trigger for us.

There's no other acquisitions we can make that would be able to jump in midseason and help.  Learning the playbooks alone would take too much time.

Only thing weird about this is they could have just kept in from the beginning. I never heard anything about him wanting a lot of money, only that he signed with the Jets. Did the Chiefs even try to keep him?

This season is strange so far. I want to bring back playoff Damian now.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

Only thing weird about this is they could have just kept in from the beginning. I never heard anything about him wanting a lot of money, only that he signed with the Jets. Did the Chiefs even try to keep him?

They did not offer him. The money indint think was the factor. I believe they thought with MVS, Toney and Moore all coming back into their 2nd seasons along with them drafting rice and believing in Ross, they had to feel he was not needed.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

They did not offer him. The money indint think was the factor. I believe they thought with MVS, Toney and Moore all coming back into their 2nd seasons along with them drafting rice and believing in Ross, they had to feel he was not needed.

Was talking to my cousin today about this.  Seemed like he kind of had an attitude last year.  WR market has been weird the past two years.  First year was out of control and then last year the owners course corrected hard and lowballed almost everyone.  Maybe the Chiefs had a conversation with his reps and the numbers weren't close so they never formally offered him anything.  It was definitely a humbling experience for him to be a healthy scratch on a bad team.  Hope he comes back humble and ready to work.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

You think they let Washington go?  It is nice when your returner can contribute elsewhere on O or D.   I like Hardman as an insurance returner but not the main guy.  

Hardman had some pretty ugly returns but maybe he's learned since his early years. 

4 hours ago, qnet said:

Playoff Damien would be awesome! He had some juice! Trade CEH straight across. 

4 hours ago, qnet said:

Yea.. but would have been tough with the cap at the time.

7 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Playoff Damien would be awesome! He had some juice! Trade CEH straight across. 

Don't have to trade for him, can be had for free as long as you sign him to the active roster.  31 now.  Hasn't done much since he opted out the covid year cause his mom had cancer.  4 teams in 3 years, not much in the way of stats to speak of.  Sitting on the Cards PS right now so can be picked up.

Who knows what he has left.  lol I'd still take him over CEH.

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yea.. but would have been tough with the cap at the time.

Correct since CJ's situation basically precluded us from spending much.

Basically we traded a 6th and we'll pay prorated vet min salary for Mecole, a 7th and for Jets to pay him about 3m including 2.5 signing bonus.  This late in the season, I doubt he hits any of the incentives in his contract and if he does it will be great for our offense.

54 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I guess the most important question is how much are we on the hook for regarding his 4 million deal?

The Chiefs will pick up the prorated portion of Hardman's $1.08 million base salary, which amounts to $720,000. Kansas City entered the day with $3,396,154 in available cap space, according to the NFLPA public salary cap report.

Pros and Cons of Hardman’s return to the Chiefs. 

https://www.newsweek.com/mecole-hardman-trade-pros-cons-chiefs-choice-1836106

I’m on record saying I like this signing but I’m not thinking he’s the savior of the season. 

At his cheap price, his familiarity with the offense and his return ability this is not a great leap to think he will contribute to another championship run.