Hardman's Back

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He will provide more than MVS, Moore and/or Toney though imo. That right there is worth getting him and getting something for the offense.

With Rice looking more and more like the slot guy, we need a serious threat on the outside. Doesn't have to be Hill, Mostert or Goodwin... just needs to be a threat to complicate the defense's gameplan. Honestly, I thought MVS was fast enough to accomplish this. Hopefully the two of them together can take some pressure off Rice and Kelce. MVS will wake up once MH is in the lineup.

7 minutes ago, mex said:

With Rice looking more and more like the slot guy, we need a serious threat on the outside. Doesn't have to be Hill, Mostert or Goodwin... just needs to be a threat to complicate the defense's gameplan. Honestly, I thought MVS was fast enough to accomplish this. Hopefully the two of them together can take some pressure off Rice and Kelce. MVS will wake up once MH is in the lineup.

he may wake up but that is not going to make him any faster.

Competition will do them all some good

18 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Washington and Coburn waived to make room for MH and CO

Damn Coburn?? 

That sucks. I was hoping he would get more playing time for experience. Although Nnadi is having a good year, I still don't trust him. Need another big body for run stopping and defending "tosh pushes".

5 hours ago, xen said:

Correct since CJ's situation basically precluded us from spending much.

Basically we traded a 6th and we'll pay prorated vet min salary for Mecole, a 7th and for Jets to pay him about 3m including 2.5 signing bonus.  This late in the season, I doubt he hits any of the incentives in his contract and if he does it will be great for our offense.

Fleeced the jets honestly.

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

Damn Coburn?? 

That sucks. I was hoping he would get more playing time for experience. Although Nnadi is having a good year, I still don't trust him. Need another big body for run stopping and defending "tosh pushes".

Hopefully they clear waivers and hop on the practice squad.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Hell, might as well go find Sorrenson and Nieman and bring them back too!!!

Mecole, I can understand.

But Clark???? Why?

And who doesn't get playing time becuase of his roster spot??

I am not seeing anything that says Clark is getting looked at or brought back

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

He's a head scratcher. 

Why? Our Dline has some solid veterans. Hard to crack that rotation.

He was a 6th round pick... not sure who he displaces this year... I'd guess their plan is to put him in the pantry for next year. Unless there's something else going on with health or performance we don't know about.

2 hours ago, arrowhead said:

You're killing me, Smalls.

I'm serious... who does he bump? If he was as big a 6th rd steal as they hoped, he'd be getting snaps. Gotta be a reason why not. He'll be picked up again on the PS.