Justyn Ross Arrested

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Seems that it's related to a domestic violence charge as well.  What's wrong with these guys?

No emotional control, and probably no dad in his life; if I had to guess, but I don't know his situation. 

40 minutes ago, qnet said:

No emotional control, and probably no dad in his life; if I had to guess, but I don't know his situation. 

I looked up his story and it sounds like his mom had him at 16, she joined the Navy, and he was raised by grandma and aunt in his early years. 

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Justyn Ross was arrested Monday in Shawnee, Kan., on suspicion of criminal damage exceeding $25,000, a felony.

He was in the custody of the Johnson County Sheriff's Office late Monday afternoon, according to multiple media reports. USA Today reported that Ross was not given bond. He is due for a court appearance Tuesday afternoon.

KCTU5 TV reported that the arrest was classified by the sheriff's office as occurring in connection with a domestic violence allegation.

The Chiefs acknowledged awareness of the arrest but issued no further comment, according to ESPN.

Ross, 23, was signed by Kansas City as an undrafted free agent out of Clemson in May 2022. He missed all of last season due to a foot injury.

He made his NFL debut this year, and he has appeared off the bench in all seven of the Chiefs' games. Ross has three catches for 34 yards and a touchdown, though he hasn't been targeted with a pass in either of the past two games.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said earlier Monday of Ross, "We're trying to bring him along here. I know he didn't have the catches, but he was in on quite a few plays. I just think the more of that, the better for him. He's got a lot of talent, and we want to keep bringing him along."

Ross had a 1,000-yard receiving season for Clemson as a freshman in 2018, but he missed all of the 2020 season following spinal surgery.

8 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I looked up his story and it sounds like his mom had him at 16, she joined the Navy, and he was raised by grandma and aunt in his early years. 

Unfortunately that is not unusual, except for the 'joined the Navy' part.

Having no (proper) fatherly influence is the root cause of so many societal issues. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i know that he is innocent until proven guilty but why do these guys on the bubble do stupid shit like this?  Wonder if this will affect what we do at the trade deadline?

Is Bolton on IR yet? If so, could mean we look for another WR to fill the spot. Unless there's a guy on the PS they like.

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Justyn Ross was arrested Monday in Shawnee, Kan., on suspicion of criminal damage exceeding $25,000, a felony.

He was in the custody of the Johnson County Sheriff's Office late Monday afternoon, according to multiple media reports. USA Today reported that Ross was not given bond. He is due for a court appearance Tuesday afternoon.

KCTU5 TV reported that the arrest was classified by the sheriff's office as occurring in connection with a domestic violence allegation.

The Chiefs acknowledged awareness of the arrest but issued no further comment, according to ESPN.

Ross, 23, was signed by Kansas City as an undrafted free agent out of Clemson in May 2022. He missed all of last season due to a foot injury.

He made his NFL debut this year, and he has appeared off the bench in all seven of the Chiefs' games. Ross has three catches for 34 yards and a touchdown, though he hasn't been targeted with a pass in either of the past two games.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said earlier Monday of Ross, "We're trying to bring him along here. I know he didn't have the catches, but he was in on quite a few plays. I just think the more of that, the better for him. He's got a lot of talent, and we want to keep bringing him along."

Ross had a 1,000-yard receiving season for Clemson as a freshman in 2018, but he missed all of the 2020 season following spinal surgery.

merged

i know that he is innocent until proven guilty but why do these guys on the bubble do stupid shit like this?  Wonder if this will affect what we do at the trade deadline?

The only thing more stupid than a 17 year old boy is a 23 year old man. 

Guys that age do stupid stuff and when asked why they have no explanation. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

yup..been reporting it on the sports Talk 810 whb all morning..broke when Jeff Chadia was on.

The vacuum part is a joke..if ya remember Willie Gay beat up a vacuum and got 4 games off 

Heard Ross got tired of hearing the vacuum saying the Chiefs WR room sucked more than it did. Ross snapped.

Latest update on Chiefs WR Justyn Ross' arrest

image caption

Latest update on Chiefs WR Justyn Ross' arrest

Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports

In this story:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Kansas City Chiefs WR Justyn Ross was arrested on Monday afternoon for suspicion of felony criminal damage under the purview of domestic violence.

Our original report notes that charges can be amended as the prosecution reviews the evidence. With Ross set to appear in court for arraignment on Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 2:30 p.m. CT, the charges against him have now been lowered to misdemeanors

The Johnson County Court now lists two charges against Ross, the first is domestic battery with no priors. The second is criminal damage < $1,000. Those are both misdemeanor charges, as opposed to the felony criminal damage charge initially levied against Ross in the arrest records. 

Court records indicate that Ross allegedly made physical contact with a person in a rude, insulting, or angry manner (battery). That person, the court notes, is in a relationship with Ross, hence the domestic violence with no priors charge. 

During Ross' hearing this afternoon, he'll enter a plea, and bail will be set. He'll ultimately make bail and be released, at which point he'll be able to rejoin the team. Reminder: The NFL will not issue a suspension until court proceedings have transpired. 

The team is aware of Ross' arrest, but they have not issued any further comments or statements at this time. Chiefs HC Andy Reid is scheduled to speak to the media on Wednesday.