Trade Deadline

Saw this on PFF site. I would not be ok with giving up our 3rd 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-10-trades-nfl-teams-should-make-2023-trade-deadline

TENNESSEE TITANS WR DEANDRE HOPKINS  KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

• Trade compensation: 2024 third-round pick
  • Contract acquired: Two years, $15,247,222 ($647,222 fully guaranteed)

Hopkins has missed time the past few seasons due to injuries and a suspension but is still one of the more reliable receivers across the NFL. Over the past two shortened seasons and so far this year, his 82.1 receiving grade still ranks 25th among wide receivers with at least 250 snaps. Most importantly, his 3.4% drop rate places 26th among 135 wide receivers with at least 50 targets over the span.

Chiefs wide receivers have a 7.3% drop rate this season, the fifth-worst mark in the NFL. Lastly, Hopkins' 1.95 yards per route run since 2021 ranks 21st among qualifying wide receivers, so while he may not be at his peak, he’s still a very good player.

Tennessee will not have to convert Hopkins’ salary into a bonus to facilitate this deal, but they should effectively view any potential trade return as if they did. The Titans paid Hopkins a $9.815 million signing bonus this offseason and his 2023 salary is the veteran minimum. So, for all intents and purposes, they are providing this benefit to an acquiring team, and Kansas City was one of a few contending teams that refused to meet Hopkins’ contractual demands before the season.

At the end of the day, Hopkins can still earn $12 million in 2023 cash and play for a contender, and the Chiefs can pay around $1.25 million while parting ways with a draft pick that is likely going to fall in the 90s.

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-10-trades-nfl-teams-should-make-2023-trade-deadline

Hopkins has missed time the past few seasons due to injuries and a suspension but is still one of the more reliable receivers across the NFL. Over the past two shortened seasons and so far this year, his 82.1 receiving grade still ranks 25th among wide receivers with at least 250 snaps. Most importantly, his 3.4% drop rate places 26th among 135 wide receivers with at least 50 targets over the span.

Chiefs wide receivers have a 7.3% drop rate this season, the fifth-worst mark in the NFL. Lastly, Hopkins' 1.95 yards per route run since 2021 ranks 21st among qualifying wide receivers, so while he may not be at his peak, he’s still a very good player.

Tennessee will not have to convert Hopkins’ salary into a bonus to facilitate this deal, but they should effectively view any potential trade return as if they did. The Titans paid Hopkins a $9.815 million signing bonus this offseason and his 2023 salary is the veteran minimum. So, for all intents and purposes, they are providing this benefit to an acquiring team, and Kansas City was one of a few contending teams that refused to meet Hopkins’ contractual demands before the season.

At the end of the day, Hopkins can still earn $12 million in 2023 cash and play for a contender, and the Chiefs can pay around $1.25 million while parting ways with a draft pick that is likely going to fall in the 90s.

WTF is it with the DEHop infatuation?

4 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

What ever happened to signing Frank the Tank?

There's a theory out there (probably RGR) that if a spot opens on the practice squad, the Chiefs might sign Clark to that.  He could hang around with his buddies, mentor FAU, and be activated for the playoffs.  Would he sign for that?  Well, he has no where else to go.  He's fighting health issues and no team picked him up when the Donks released him.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

WTF is it with the DEHop infatuation?

For me, it is the one possession guy who wont drop passes. Can go over the middle and I think has enough left to be the Schuster guy this year for Mahomes. He would be the stop gap this year.

57 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

For me, it is the one possession guy who wont drop passes. Can go over the middle and I think has enough left to be the Schuster guy this year for Mahomes. He would be the stop gap this year.

Agree.....but I wonder, with Rice coming on the way he has....maybe he is that guy. Drops have been an issue but that can be fixed 

On 10/24/2023 at 12:18 PM, kkuenn said:

I actually think I would be.  Two years at 15 million for a veteran wr of his caliber.   Give Rice, Moore and even Toney another offseason before having to draft a replacement at the top of the draft.   I think I would offer our 2025 3rd though.

5 hours ago, robgar said:

where are we gonna get the money for all of this shit..

Don't know about Henry, but Dhop is actually doable because of the signing bonus.  It actually makes a lot of sense.  Conditional 4th that could be a 3rd if we make the SB?  Its a two year contract which would solve problems this year and next year at a reasonable rate.  Not saying I'm all in for it but it does make a lot of sense.