Broncos thread

3 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Oh, please.

Remember the MNF game when KC annihilated the Pats? IIRC, it was the worst beating of Belichick's career. 

Come January, the Pats were hauling in another SB trophy. 

Teams like ours and the Pats view these as just another game.   To KC then and Denver now those are the SB.  They mean very little to elite teams.  They are on to the next week.  Sucks to lose like this but it happens.   We could lose to the Dolphins next week but I'm willing to bet we play way better.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The guys on here saying the season is over and we won't win another game need to pump the breaks.  It was as ugly of a loss as I can remember but we were in the game with 4 TO's and our QB having the Flu.   

Chill out.  Our D has played very well minus Sneed.   Also remember this is the Broncos SB.  This is just another game to us.  

We will be fine.   

The defense is fine. It doesn’t matter how close it is with turnovers and sickness.  What matters is the score.  The trend all season is terrible wide receivers that can’t get open and when they do they drop or fumble.  This is a team that can’t move the ball and I tell you I get very envious watching other teams move the ball and have plays down field with players than can catch and get open.  We have a crew of community college receivers.  That won’t do it.  Pat is getting killed, the line is holding the rushers well enough, but no one is open.  Then Reid thinks we can just dink and dunk, but we can’t because the receivers drop the ball or are still not open.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

Meh. The donks were DUE. Fucking 16 game streaks don't happen often for a reason. 

We were also due to have a game where nothing went our way. And believe you me, nothing went our way.

This game will get them focused for next week which is a way more important game.

Sometimes loses can be blessings in disguise.  I mean we had 4 TO's and the Broncos started at mid field almost every possession and we still had a legit chance to win with 8:30 minutes left in the game.  That speaks to how tough it is to beat our team.  You need 5 TO's, Mahomes to have the Flu, and a couple key drops to even have a chance.   

14 minutes ago, 58shineson said:

Well I mean I am watching the game and the trend of wide receivers not getting open continues.  Division game or not, the broncos are a very bad team.  A Super Bowl champion team shouldn’t look like this, sick or not.  

Moore was open for the td....he just dropped it.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Sometimes loses can be blessings in disguise.  I mean we had 4 TO's and the Broncos started at mid field almost every possession and we still had a legit chance to win with 8:30 minutes left in the game.  That speaks to how tough it is to beat our team.  You need 5 TO's, Mahomes to have the Flu, and a couple key drops to even have a chance.   

Considering how often the Donks ran successfully, having no Bolton was a big factor.  

8 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Oh so please explain the 20 games we have won since we traded Hill then? 

To be fair we had an entirely different receiver core last season.  Mahomes can only do so much and he does a lot with little, but it’s time to get 2 receivers that he can rely on.  A lot of his issues this year is dealing with receivers he has no faith in.  

Just now, jetlord said:

Considering how often the Donks ran successfully, having no Bolton was a big factor.  

Meh.  Their running the ball had little to do with us losing the game.   Bolton would have helped but he would have been a liability vs McLaughlin's speed.  I just think our ST and O put our D in horrible positions all day and the D played well all things considered.  

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

That is very true, but I still expect a win.  I expect a win every week even knowing that is likely not possible.  Armchair coaching is easy for us to do and expect perfection, but that is life.  

1 minute ago, 58shineson said:

To be fair we had an entirely different receiver core last season.  Mahomes can only do so much and he does a lot with little, but it’s time to get 2 receivers that he can rely on.  A lot of his issues this year is dealing with receivers he has no faith in.  

Umm   Kelce, Gray, MVS, Moore, Hardman, Watson.  Swapping JuJu for Rice is about the only change at this point.  Mahomes threw for 300+ and 400+ the last two weeks.  Let's just write this off as the perfect storm and move on. 

3 minutes ago, 58shineson said:

Fair?  Hardman and Juju have done nothing this year on worse teams.  There is no difference in overall talent between the groups imo.   We were 6-1 before today and that loss was fluky as well.  We lost today because our qb had the flu and Andy Reid called a terrible game plan and the Denver Broncos pulled out all the stops to win their regular season SB.   Hate to lose but we are 6-2.  We will be fine.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It could be worse.  The Niners have lost three in a row. 

They are the most overrated football team at any level. They played nobody and now are getting exposed. Like last year, the so called best defense and we boat raced them. Kyle Shanahan is a fraud.

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Na, it was 14-9 plenty of time to run it. 

We had 7 plays for the 2nd half at the end of the 3rd and Denver still had the ball going into the 4th. Muffed punts etc will do that. We did not have possession of the ball to even run it