Broncos thread

1 hour ago, 58shineson said:

I haven’t heard from anyone surprisingly, but a lot of posts about how the. Broncos finally figured it out and they will win out now. Lol

What made this loss worse was how they didn't figure out anything.  It took us gifting them turnover after turnover just to keep them in the game.  They are a terrible team but sometimes its their week.  If it keeps Payton and Wilson in Denver another couple years then it was worth it.

I hate to say it....Skyy Moore is a wasted pick. He has not progressed at all. I also think we should let Sneed go at the end of his time. It wasn't just the players. I thought the coaching was flat out horrible.

Oh .....and the refs suck!! That is all.

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

We need to clean up the turnovers. It’s been trending and only a matter of time until it bit is.  

Reid and Nagy need an ego check. The cutesy stuff needs to be shelved. 

Mahomes needs to stop focusing on Kelce so much. There are open WR but Mahomes is too locked in too Kelce. 

Donovan smith needs to be reevaluated. Maybe let Morris take a series or two and see what he can do and be. Smith can’t stopa speed rush anymore. 

Open WR? What game were you watching. Not one of these WR's would start on another team. They are garbage. I called it at the start of the year. They need help or they gonna get Pat killed.

58 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Open WR? What game were you watching. Not one of these WR's would start on another team. They are garbage. I called it at the start of the year. They need help or they gonna get Pat killed.

watch the first 15 seconds, look at moore.  HE is Wide open, and yes that is WIDE open in the nfl, for an easy first down.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/38775311

In that same clip, you can see MVS get MUGGED on Pats last interception.  The refs were pretty bad as well!

Some things i noticed, we did not really try to establish a run game at all but denver seemed happy to do so and run quite a bit of time off the clock.

Our WR's got mugged trying to get open with no calls in our favor, but if we laid a fingernail on Sutton or Juedy then it was an instant PI.

Is it just me or did it seem like our OT's gave up a bit early on plays where patrick got pressured or sacked, or was it just because patrick was holding on to the ball because none of our WRs were open

2 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

watch the first 15 seconds, look at moore.  HE is Wide open, and yes that is WIDE open in the nfl, for an easy first down.

In that same clip, you can see MVS get MUGGED on Pats last interception.  The refs were pretty bad as well!

Pat is doing the same shit he did during Reek's last season..Now with Kelce...Locking in on Kelce and holding the ball and waiting for him to clear open. It's not Pats job to determine if the WR is going to catch the ball, but it is his job to throw it to the open guy, especially when the defense is hyper focused on taking Kelce away!! IMO, that's the main reason he's holding the ball so damn long.

I always see other guys open, but he won't even look their way. He just holds the ball, scrambles around until Kelce get's open or he runs. 

I know some of you are gonna say.."Well they won't catch it anyways", but that's not for Pat to determine. The shit is on tape and the rest of the NFL can see it. 

And Andy can see it too. He needs to straighten Pat out with that shit...

It always felt like the Chiefs rarely won against the Broncos during their SB years with Elway and Manning, but not like the Chiefs have beaten them. Even when Shanahan was coaching them the Chiefs got them quite a few times.  This 16-game winning streak was really something. 

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No shit....

How bout KISS method? When it's 3rd and short/goal, how bout no jet sweeps, WR screens, reverses, stupid shuttle passes etc... Handing the ball off and running behind your all pro interior might just catch a defense off guard? Geez..

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

How bout KISS method? When it's 3rd and short/goal, how bout no jet sweeps, WR screens, reverses, stupid shuttle passes etc... Handing the ball off and running behind your all pro interior might just catch a defense off guard? Geez..

Or do what they did with Kelce on the one 4th and 2...

5 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I agree there needs to be some changes. But there are open guys that are being missed. And that might be because of trust

8 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree there needs to be some changes. But there are open guys that are being missed. And that might be because of trust

Trust could be why he's not throwing to them...But that's not his job. If they're open, they should be thrown at. And Reid SHOULD be telling Pat that.

5 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

The defender was already moving towards the thrown and eventual int.  Had he thrown it to Moore the defender would have been going the other direction.   It appears to be open Moore is moving left to right towards the defender.  The defender would have only had to move slightly to the left to interfere with the pass.   Its not nearly as open as you think it is.  You can pause it and see they aren't 4 yards apart and that is with the defender reacting the thrown ball.    JMO though.

Agree MVS was mugged with a no call.  The int was a badly thrown ball though.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

The defender was already moving towards the thrown and eventual int.  Had he thrown it to Moore the defender would have been going the other direction.   It appears to be open Moore is moving left to right towards the defender.  The defender would have only had to move slightly to the left to interfere with the pass.   Its not nearly as open as you think it is.  You can pause it and see they aren't 4 yards apart and that is with the defender reacting the thrown ball.    JMO though.

Agree MVS was mugged with a no call.  The int was a badly thrown ball though.   

Valid argument, IF Mahomes waited until he was in that window to throw it.  If He had anticipated it like most NFL qb's do, it would of been an easy throw and catch.

4 hours ago, artsy said:

I remember several yrs ago in an interview with Parcells  they asked him  what it takes to run the ball inside the 10.  He thought the vast majority of it came down to attitude.  If that is indeed true then it makes sense cause they really don’t have the attitude of just lining it up and being physical in short yardage.  It’s trick plays misdirection or screens. 

i was watching the red zone channel for a bit yesterday and I can’t remember the game but a team had inside the 5.  1 run and 3 passes to score on 4th down.  I see the same in college games too.  3rd n2 pass inside the 5 pass.  Not stats to back it up so I could be full it just seems more teams college and pro treat short yardage as a passing down anymore.  

2 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Valid argument, IF Mahomes waited until he was in that window to throw it.  If He had anticipated it like most NFL qb's do, it would of been an easy throw and catch.

I thought the Broncos defender made a good play on the ball. He dove in the air and made a nice Interception. It was a forced throw by Mahomes but a lot of effort by the Bronco player.

Bottom line is that Pat had a really bad day.  On the first possession he scrambled on third down and then threw the ball away with a Chiefs' receiver wide open on the same side of the field.  The whole team seemed to collapse when Pat wasn't sharp.  Sneed has played very well up until this game but extended several Donk drives.  Twice on third and makeable yardage, Mahomes threw deep, low probably passes.  Yes, Moore missed one of them, but it still was a bad decision at that time.  This one is over and time to move on.  We knew it would be a bad weekend when KU won on Saturday. 

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Bottom line is that Pat had a really bad day.  On the first possession he scrambled on third down and then threw the ball away with a Chiefs' receiver wide open on the same side of the field.  The whole team seemed to collapse when Pat wasn't sharp.  Sneed has played very well up until this game but extended several Donk drives.  Twice on third and makeable yardage, Mahomes threw deep, low probably passes.  Yes, Moore missed one of them, but it still was a bad decision at that time.  This one is over and time to move on.  We knew it would be a bad weekend when KU won on Saturday. 

100% Agree. I still think this offense can thrive with the WRs we have on the roster. It won't be explosive, but it can be efficient. Reid/Nagy and Mahomes have to continue to take what defenses are giving them and Pat has to spread it around, trust or not. The WRs made the squad for a reason and I know Andy knows what good WRs look like, so I aint worried.....yet.

Well here are my thoughts and some of them have been mentioned. 
1. Mahomes needs to look and deliver the ball to who is open. He is keying in on kelce and defenses know it. It’s now been 6 quarters in a row where the defenses are taking kelce away. Expect more. 
2. Reid needs to get mahomes under Center. Quick 3 step drop and let it rip. Mix in some of this with the shot gun and defenses have to think and adjust. Our play action doesn’t work. Especially when we don’t run.

3. have to commit to the damn run. Watching teams this weekend  and shit even the donkeys , they run the ball very well. Why can’t we? Why can’t we just say, fuck it we are going to pound the rock and force the defense to bring down a saftey. Use three TE and let them what we are going to do it and do it. Simple physical football and impose our toughness and grit.
4. no more cute plays. Cmon Reid. Enough is enough. Trust your o line and pound the rock. Love the coaches and players to watch some film when priest Holmes and that o line would run and especially in red zone. Some Marty ball film wouldn’t hurt either.

14 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Some things i noticed, we did not really try to establish a run game at all but denver seemed happy to do so and run quite a bit of time off the clock.

Our WR's got mugged trying to get open with no calls in our favor, but if we laid a fingernail on Sutton or Juedy then it was an instant PI.

Is it just me or did it seem like our OT's gave up a bit early on plays where patrick got pressured or sacked, or was it just because patrick was holding on to the ball because none of our WRs were open

Donovan Smith is super lazy once he is no longer engaged with someone. Just watch him as plays progress. He just kind of stands around, straight and tall, not able or willing to move his body. When Pat ran into him trying to scramble is a good example. He saw Pat getting mugged by his missed block but was just standing there and became a wall. Once Pat spun toward him, it was too late.

47 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well here are my thoughts and some of them have been mentioned. 
1. Mahomes needs to look and deliver the ball to who is open. He is keying in on kelce and defenses know it. It’s now been 6 quarters in a row where the defenses are taking kelce away. Expect more. 
2. Reid needs to get mahomes under Center. Quick 3 step drop and let it rip. Mix in some of this with the shot gun and defenses have to think and adjust. Our play action doesn’t work. Especially when we don’t run.

3. have to commit to the damn run. Watching teams this weekend  and shit even the donkeys , they run the ball very well. Why can’t we? Why can’t we just say, fuck it we are going to pound the rock and force the defense to bring down a saftey. Use three TE and let them what we are going to do it and do it. Simple physical football and impose our toughness and grit.
4. no more cute plays. Cmon Reid. Enough is enough. Trust your o line and pound the rock. Love the coaches and players to watch some film when priest Holmes and that o line would run and especially in red zone. Some Marty ball film wouldn’t hurt either.

Does the scheme KC runs simply have too many long developing plays? Some of the most effective passes are Pat throwing to Rice immediately on a slant. If they do a 10 yard cushion, just throw immediately to the guy and let him make a CB miss. The outside WRs seem like they are on long gestating routes too often, and we don’t leverage a slot guy or 2nd TE enough on fast slants or outs. Mahomes needs to do his creative stuff, but maybe Andy and Nagy’s creative crap is getting too creative? Where is some fundamental stuff?

11 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Donovan Smith is super lazy once he is no longer engaged with someone. Just watch him as plays progress. He just kind of stands around, straight and tall, not able or willing to move his body. When Pat ran into him trying to scramble is a good example. He saw Pat getting mugged by his missed block but was just standing there and became a wall. Once Pat spun toward him, it was too late.

I think our tackles are not helping but when you add in long developing plays, mahomes keying in on only kelce and WR not running the right routes and or no separation it’s tough to see really how good or how bad the tackles are. 
In my opinion We need to really need to focus on the run game with Pat under Center. Pound the rock and force the defenses to tackle and allow our o line to be the hammer instead of the nail. That should open things up and in particular the play action. 

16 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Does the scheme KC runs simply have too many long developing plays? Some of the most effective passes are Pat throwing to Rice immediately on a slant. If they do a 10 yard cushion, just throw immediately to the guy and let him make a CB miss. The outside WRs seem like they are on long gestating routes too often, and we don’t leverage a slot guy or 2nd TE enough on fast slants or outs. Mahomes needs to do his creative stuff, but maybe Andy and Nagy’s creative crap is getting too creative? Where is some fundamental stuff?

Nope. It’s the same thing every year when we struggle. No threat of the run equals 7 db’s vs. 4 guys in a pattern