Broncos thread

On 10/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Valid argument, IF Mahomes waited until he was in that window to throw it.  If He had anticipated it like most NFL qb's do, it would of been an easy throw and catch.

Maybe, but what read was Moore? 2nd or 3rd?  If he was the first read then sure but we all know Mahomes doesn't want to throw it to Moore if he doesn't have to.

On 10/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Valid argument, IF Mahomes waited until he was in that window to throw it.  If He had anticipated it like most NFL qb's do, it would of been an easy throw and catch.

I do agree that an anticipated throw would have been and should have been an easy pass/catch.  Mahomes was off and definitely hasn't looked like his normal great self this year minus a game or two.

This is an annual event.   Its been a while since its not partly the defenses fault though but every year our D looks like trash and the O sputters because they don't run the ball.  Even back when we had JC.  We would lose a dumb game after playing bad in a few and the light bulb would go on and we would start running again and Voila! the O would look competent again.   

Gonna be a great test of our team this coming Sunday.  Miami has some pass rushers and their O can be down right scary.   Good test for Andy and a good test for our D.  Hopefully they got all the dumb stuff out of their system this game.  

I have this feeling that we are going to do to the Dolphins what we did to the 49ers last year....but then again we could get boat raced if our D stays on the field too long because our O still hasn't figured it out.  

On 10/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, kkuenn said:

Or do what they did with Kelce on the one 4th and 2...

I've always found it amazing that on 3rd and 17 Pat can slip to the outside and run for a first down... but on 3rd and 2 they won't call a play that allows him to do it.

45 minutes ago, mex said:

I've always found it amazing that on 3rd and 17 Pat can slip to the outside and run for a first down... but on 3rd and 2 they won't call a play that allows him to do it.

Even more amazing is you have a running back who almost always gets 4 yards. Line up, and run the fucking ball.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:06 PM, 58shineson said:

I haven’t heard from anyone surprisingly, but a lot of posts about how the. Broncos finally figured it out and they will win out now. Lol

Denver will finish with like 6 wins, maybe.  But that said, Denver fans are having to eat some crow over Vance Joseph, he has those guys playing their asses off after that ass-kicking the Dolphins put on them.  I still think Russell Wilson, despite being someone I think is a very good person, holds the Denver offense back. 

The last preseason game where they let Jarrett Stidham throw vertically showed just how much more Denver could do with a live arm back running things.

20 hours ago, mex said:

You know, I sense a little genius in Andy's bizarre 3rd and short play calling. 

1. He knows that even if they fail to get the 1st down, they'll likely win anyway because it's a long game. If they get it, good. If not, oh well, we still have Pat.

2. Every defense will have to run miles of tape of these wacky plays and that tape grows every week until the end of the season. Ergo,

3. Playoff teams will be forced to defend against every one of those plays, whether or not they worked in the regular season.

4. Playoff time and it's 3rd and 2 ..... Andy lines up a RB and a blocking back and goes Martyball while the linebackers are all over the field expecting who knows what.

I'll bet Andy is even planning on a QB sneak on 4th and 1 when a playoff game is on the line.  

4 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

You know, I sense a little genius in Andy's bizarre 3rd and short play calling. 

1. He knows that even if they fail to get the 1st down, they'll likely win anyway because it's a long game. If they get it, good. If not, oh well, we still have Pat.

2. Every defense will have to run miles of tape of these wacky plays and that tape grows every week until the end of the season. Ergo,

3. Playoff teams will be forced to defend against every one of those plays, whether or not they worked in the regular season.

4. Playoff time and it's 3rd and 2 ..... Andy lines up a RB and a blocking back and goes Martyball while the linebackers are all over the field expecting who knows what.

I'll bet Andy is even planning on a QB sneak on 4th and 1 when a playoff game is on the line.  

I sure hope so.