Broncos thread

2 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

They are the most overrated football team at any level. They played nobody and now are getting exposed. Like last year, the so called best defense and we boat raced them. Kyle Shanahan is a fraud.

I think Kyle is a good coach.  He had Brock Purdy in the MVP convo.  But at the end of the day Brock is a game manager and is no where near elite.  Hard to beat good teams with guys like that at QB.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Umm   Kelce, Gray, MVS, Moore, Hardman, Watson.  Swapping JuJu for Rice is about the only change at this point.  Mahomes threw for 300+ and 400+ the last two weeks.  Let's just write this off as the perfect storm and move on. 

Well Ju Ju made a difference then.  He got open or allowed others to get open.  Why don’t they get open now?  Bad play calls?  I saw plays today where the WR’s went to their spots then took a few seconds to react and try to get open.  While Pat was running for his life.  Get a WR that the defense will focus on with them also focusing on kelce and our WR would probably be in play more often.  Now whether they actually catch the ball or not is a different story.  MVS made some plays last year but not enough in my opinion to be a threat.  Hardman made a few also but still not a threat.  Ju Ju was more of a #1 WR but really he is a 2 at best, but he was reliable mostly.  Yes mahomes can make magic happen, but it’s also unreasonable to make him carry the team on his back week after week.  He had plenty of time to throw it and couldn’t find anyone open.  He may have missed some open guys, but that is how it is, the position is hard.  Other teams just saw how to beat us from one of the worst defenses in the league, if not the worst.

15 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Sometimes loses can be blessings in disguise.  I mean we had 4 TO's and the Broncos started at mid field almost every possession and we still had a legit chance to win with 8:30 minutes left in the game.  That speaks to how tough it is to beat our team.  You need 5 TO's, Mahomes to have the Flu, and a couple key drops to even have a chance.   

I do agree and I hope that blessing is the staff finally going out to get a WR that pat can count on besides Kelce and McKinnon.

We need to clean up the turnovers. It’s been trending and only a matter of time until it bit is.  

Reid and Nagy need an ego check. The cutesy stuff needs to be shelved. 

Mahomes needs to stop focusing on Kelce so much. There are open WR but Mahomes is too locked in too Kelce. 

Donovan smith needs to be reevaluated. Maybe let Morris take a series or two and see what he can do and be. Smith can’t stopa speed rush anymore. 

Just now, kkuenn said:

We had 7 plays for the 2nd half at the end of the 3rd and Denver still had the ball going into the 4th. Muffed punts etc will do that. We did not have possession of the ball to even run it 

And frankly, the game I watched at least... we weren't exactly running it down their throats. Pacheco had 1 good run of like 20 yds... other than that he went 7 for 20 yds. Patrick accounted for 1/3 of our yards not counting yards lost to sacks.

It seems like the donk defense did a good job reading our formations because we ran into a brick wall most of the time, even on the screens and 'cute' Andy type plays.

Well, this is the worst game I ve seen in the mahomes era. 
with that being said, we were still in this game in the 4th. 
I’m a bit in shock we didn’t even score a TD. 
We are the toughest out in football whe we don’t shit down our own leg. But every season we have at least 1-2 games where we do. 
chiefs will be fine. 
Time to move onto Miami. 

Just now, Palangi said:

We need to clean up the turnovers. It’s been trending and only a matter of time until it bit is.  

Reid and Nagy need an ego check. The cutesy stuff needs to be shelved. 

Mahomes needs to stop focusing on Kelce so much. There are open WR but Mahomes is too locked in too Kelce. 

Donovan smith needs to be reevaluated. Maybe let Morris take a series or two and see what he can do and be. Smith can’t stopa speed rush anymore. 

I agree, I personally haven’t seen WR’s open, but have seen them drop balls.  Pat doesn’t seem to see them either or doesn’t trust them.  I think the line is fine because Pat has a lot of time to throw usually, but no one he is comfortable to throw to.

1 minute ago, mex said:

And frankly, the game I watched at least... we weren't exactly running it down their throats. Pacheco had 1 good run of like 20 yds... other than that he went 7 for 20 yds. Patrick accounted for 1/3 of our yards not counting yards lost to sacks.

It seems like the donk defense did a good job reading our formations because we ran into a brick wall most of the time, even on the screens and 'cute' Andy type plays.

You can count on one hand the times we have ran it down their throat under Reid.

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Na, it was 14-9 plenty of time to run it. 

I went back and looked at that drive.  Rushed it once for 5 yards and then got a first down.  1st down Rice dropped what would have been a huge gain.  Not a good spot to run on 2nd and 10.  Gained the first to Watson.   1st down rushed with Hardman for 3.  Penalty of 12 men on field pushed it to 2nd and 12.  Not a spot to run.  Passed to Pacheco for 5.  3rd and 7.  Incomplete.

Not sure were they could have runned it more.  I didn't mind any of those play selections except for the deep ball incompletion to Watson.  Then it was 21-9 with 10;30 left in the game.  With how they were running the ball we had to score relatively quick so again no time to run the ball.  

I think Andy thought we could come in with a vanilla game plan and run it on the and when it didn't work early on we gave up and got behind and then everyone that could go wrong did.  Murphy was apparently signed to the PS yesterday or something.

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well, this is the worst game I ve seen in the mahomes era. 
with that being said, we were still in this game in the 4th. 
I’m a bit in shock we didn’t even score a TD. 
We are the toughest out in football whe we don’t shit down our own leg. But every season we have at least 1-2 games where we do. 
chiefs will be fine. 
Time to move onto Miami. 

The offense kept digging holes for our defense and they did a fantastic job keeping them out of the endzone.

The defense played very well today. Can't blame them ONE BIT.

1 minute ago, 58shineson said:

I agree, I personally haven’t seen WR’s open, but have seen them drop balls.  Pat doesn’t seem to see them either or doesn’t trust them.  I think the line is fine because Pat has a lot of time to throw usually, but no one he is comfortable to throw to.

On the first pick when they showed the replay Moore was open

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We need WR that will contest and  go to the ball. Perfect example was MVS today waiting for the ball to come to him. Schuster would go get it and make those 50/50 contested catches.

Its a been a point of contention with Mahomes for the past two years with MVS and Moore.   

1 minute ago, mex said:

The offense kept digging holes for our defense and they did a fantastic job keeping them out of the endzone.

The defense played very well today. Can't blame them ONE BIT.

I think the defense had 6 sacks! Defense was the only thing keeping us in it. 4 turnovers in our own terrirtory led to the 24 points. 

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Fair?  Hardman and Juju have done nothing this year on worse teams.  There is no difference in overall talent between the groups imo.   We were 6-1 before today and that loss was fluky as well.  We lost today because our qb had the flu and Andy Reid called a terrible game plan and the Denver Broncos pulled out all the stops to win their regular season SB.   Hate to lose but we are 6-2.  We will be fine.

Ok, you are right, it just feels different I guess.  We had Ju Ju and I guess he took a lot of attention away for Pat to get things done.  I am not giving up or anything, but I have passion for this team and I hate to see them lose to a bad team.  I don’t worry or get upset losing to a good team nearly as much.  I do agree with the flu and terrible coaching, but is the coaching because of one WR?  Could be maybe not though.  Maybe Bienemy is the difference in these types of games?  Maybe just his presence in the locker room can make a difference?  He was the mean guy to Reid’s nice guy?  I don’t know but want better for this team and city.

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

On the first pick when they showed the replay Moore was open

Yeah he was.  I think Mahomes being sick affected him more that he probably wanted to admit.  It was a tough throw when healthy.  I don't think he even looks to Moore unless he absolutely has to (the TD ball that Moore couldn't catch).  

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Yeah he was.  I think Mahomes being sick affected him more that he probably wanted to admit.  It was a tough throw when healthy.  I don't think he even looks to Moore unless he absolutely has to (the TD ball that Moore couldn't catch).  

Yep, Moore is in the dog house. Vsnt trust him so why keep trying? It got worse after he dropped the td pass.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

I think the defense had 6 sacks! Defense was the only thing keeping us in it. 4 turnovers in our own terrirtory led to the 24 points. 

Yep and they did it without Bolton.

Tranquil stepped up and we even had a Chenal sighting.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Then moore needs to not be on the field. And maybe use him in a trade to bring in someone else

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep I mean in our jobs we don’t give an important job to the guy who always fucks it up, right?  It’s the same with Pat, he will look everywhere else before he looks at the guy who will fuck it up.