Dolphins vs Chiefs Germany Game Thread!!!

Just now, artsy said:

This^^^ defenses don't even line up short yardage anymore! Ridiculous!

Crazy. Defense playing pass pass and more pass. Don’t matter down and distance. 
Who is a free agent RB that has speed? 
get that guy and a fullback and change this narrative Reid. 

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Crazy. Defense playing pass pass and more pass. Don’t matter down and distance. 
Who is a free agent RB that has speed? 
get that guy and a fullback and change this narrative Reid. 

Yup...when shit canned the FB position, he told the whole league that he will not be running the ball in short yardage.

And he's sticking to it!

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Terrible playcalling yet we won by defense. The young group is tremendous and are carrying us now but we need offense to show up at some point. Right now I think we'll make the playoffs but not the SB, hopefully that changes soon.

I'm just confused on what happened to the offence that opened the gane?????

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

I'm just confused on what happened to the offence that opened the gane?????

Very predictable playcalling. It's as if they knew what we were going to do every single down. Looks like Denver game isn't the wake up call we were expecting. 

47 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I think the defenses reacted and played differently with Kareem back there. 

doesn’t matter, they’ll figure it out, I think..

That had more to do with Alex Smith being under center and not Mahomes.  Name one RB in the NFL that defenses are more scared of than Mahomes going off.  There is zero chance any RB can do enough damage efficiently that teams would focus on the run game rather than Mahomes and the pass attack.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

That had more to do with Alex Smith being under center and not Mahomes.  Name one RB in the NFL that defenses are more scared of than Mahomes going off.  There is zero chance any RB can do enough damage efficiently that teams would focus on the run game rather than Mahomes and the pass attack.

Oh..Andy could change that. But we all know he wont...EVER. Taking focus off of the passing game would take a cataclysmic event and complete change in philosophical culture......which ain't happening under one Andy Reid.

I'm sure his solution to the offensive woes is to execute better eventhough the league has caught to his playcalling and schemes. 

Hell, Miami has basically stole KCs entire offensive playbook!

Just now, artsy said:

Oh..Andy could change that. But we all know he wont...EVER. Taking focus off of the passing game would take a cataclysmic event and complete change in philosophical culture......which ain't happening under one Andy Reid.

I'm sure his solution to the offensive woes is to execute better eventhough the league has caught to his playcalling and schemes. 

Miami mostly still runs Kyle Shanahan's offense with some more spread concepts.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

I get what you're saying, but he seems to do it in the playoffs, excluding the Bengals' loss a few seasons ago in the AFCG. When he uses the running game in the playoffs in key moments, they have won the SB, when he doesn't they haven't. Let's pray he does that this year.

56 minutes ago, xen said:

That’s fair. But it would bring balance I think. 

Teams started out playing deep coverage rushing 4 or less etc against us. Now they are doing the same but removing kelce. 
so what is Reid gonna do. We are not dictating what a defense should do because all of our tendencies lean one way. Pass. 
hope Reid gets Mahomes under Center, find a guy who can FB. And add in some new run plays/ scheme and stick with it. We need to win a game doing this consistently which will make a defense think differently. 
I was happy to see grey get more involved. Need him to have a game of 10 for 100. Then defences will really need to adjust. 

6 minutes ago, Calichief said:

That’s fair. But it would bring balance I think. 

Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the force and we saw how that turned out.  Balance ain't all its cracked up to be. 

Just need to run better routes, catch the ball and don't turn it over.  Not that hard.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

How many times can we try and give games away?

Think about this. What would you have said if someone told you "I'll spot the Chiefs 21 points, and only give Miami 2 quarters to try to come back."

Would anyone have not taken that bet with total confidence? Of course Andy's got to find a way to make it close. 

And don't even get me started on CJ :lol: 

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the force and we saw how that turned out.  Balance ain't all its cracked up to be. 

Just need to run better routes, catch the ball and don't turn it over.  Not that hard.

Playcalling can assist the receivers in running better routes. A strong run game sets up the pass.

The Fins shut down Kelce. And everyone else. 

Yeah, they spread it around which is great... but when your leading receiver is Noah Gray with 3 catches for 34 yards, you have things to fix. 

Just finished watching.  Dang that was way to stressful for being up 21.  

Couple things.  

The O still hasn't figured out their issues and I think not adding a wr at the deadline might prove costly in the playoffs.  We ran the ball better today but still had some idiotic play calls.  That 3rd and 1 to seal the game has to be a run if for no other reason to burn a TO or clock.  It also should be a gut check for our O to gain a yard when the D is expecting it.   Mahomes looked better but is still holding it a long time.   Finding a long term solution at LT is a must Smith isn't good and his penalties are costly considering our O can't seem to pick up a 3rd and long like it has in past years.

The D is legit.  Spags finally has the horses to open up his play book and they look stout.  I even thought that Wilson TD was a push off by the wr.

Big time win.  I mean huge for our team.  Still work to do on O but it looked a little better today vs a good D.  Hopefully they can build off this win and figuring the rest of the O out.  

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Terrible playcalling yet we won by defense. The young group is tremendous and are carrying us now but we need offense to show up at some point. Right now I think we'll make the playoffs but not the SB, hopefully that changes soon.

You think we will make the playoffs?  We will have a home game at worst.  That was the other best team in the AFC.

8 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You think we will make the playoffs?  We will have a home game at worst.  That was the other best team in the AFC.

I wouldn't even be surprised if we get the #1 seed, but not sure if this young offense will step up with the pressure of the playoffs. 

Really need to give the defense props here. They were given a short field to defend on one Miami score, and overall a fantastic job against this track meet offense. 

The name of the game is scoring more points than your opponents and we still seem to be finding ways to do it.

I wouldnt bet against us. And if this offense clicks at some point (I still think it could) we are gonna be really scary.