Dolphins vs Chiefs Germany Game Thread!!!

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Also that Mecole Hardman is trash.

damn dude you're hard to please.

Yeah he made a bad decision on a punt, which MAY NOT have mattered as there's no way to tell where the ball would have bounced.

plenty of fuckups to go around today

31 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

What? Lunacy.

Did you watch the Raven/Seahawk game today?

Exactly.  While all the talk is about KC, CINN, BUF, and MIA, the Ravens (and JAX) are positioned to fight for HFA in the playoffs.  Some of the head to heads among contenders will be very interesting.  There's at least eight or nine AFC teams that could lose five or six games or less.  The field will be crowded for a while and BAL is right at the top.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Exactly.  While all the talk is about KC, CINN, BUF, and MIA, the Ravens (and JAX) are positioned to fight for HFA in the playoffs.  Some of the head to heads among contenders will be very interesting.  There's at least eight or nine AFC teams that could lose five or six games or less.  The field will be crowded for a while and BAL is right at the top.

Lamar sat out the 4th qtr. 

Miami might not make the playoffs

Lots of season left.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Now I can understand that for sure sith.  Thankfully we still have a couple months to figure it out.

Rice made a few plays, including a TD with good YAC and his last target was with 40 minutes left in the game.  Can someone tell me that in nearly three quarters he couldn't get a bit open even once?  This isn't all on the receivers.  As someone else pointed out, Mahomes isn't seeing open guys and the play calling isn't using what receivers they have to an advantage.  

31 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

What? Lunacy.

Did you watch the Raven/Seahawk game today?

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Having the best record mid way through the season doesn't make you the "Best" team.   Ravens are a good football team but they have their hands full down the stretch. Plus they do this every year and they better win it this year because paying LJ isn't going to help them down the road.  We have 3 tough games left.  Eagles, Bills, Bengals.  They have 5 Bengals, Jags, 49ers, Dolphins and Steelers.    

The Jags have the easier overall road but they are the weakest out of the top teams in the AFC.  Crazy to think we have a good chance with our O looking like utter crap.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Having the best record mid way through the season doesn't make you the "Best" team.   Ravens are a good football team but they have their hands full down the stretch. Plus they do this every year and they better win it this year because paying LJ isn't going to help them down the road.  We have 3 tough games left.  Eagles, Bills, Bengals.  They have 5 Bengals, Jags, 49ers, Dolphins and Steelers.    

The Jags have the easier overall road but they are the weakest out of the top teams in the AFC.  Crazy to think we have a good chance with our O looking like utter crap.   

No, but it gives you the number seed with home field throughout the playoffs. KC has the inside track for that despite the tough games ahead. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Rice made a few plays, including a TD with good YAC and his last target was with 40 minutes left in the game.  Can someone tell me that in nearly three quarters he couldn't get a bit open even once?  This isn't all on the receivers.  As someone else pointed out, Mahomes isn't seeing open guys and the play calling isn't using what receivers they have to an advantage.  

Its more nuanced that to say guys are open.  We don't know who the first, second, etc reads are.  They might initially be open but if they are the third read then it doesn't matter.  He also isn't getting a ton of snaps.  Once we got the lead they looked to go a little vanilla.   While we didn't run a lot Pacheco did have 16 carries which was more than last week.  I think the playcalling is really bad.  First drive looked great.  Short, quick passes.  What happened?  Did they go press man?  If so, don't we have man beater plays or are the wr's not getting open.   

Needless to say, plays took longer to develop and some of the plays are just terrible.  Who didn't see that sweep to Hardman coming late in the game that lost 7 yards.  We are predictable and NFL defenses are too good.  I still think they get it figured out by the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

No, but it gives you the number seed with home field throughout the playoffs. KC has the inside track for that despite the tough games ahead. 

The best record at the end of the season does.  Not mid-season. Like you said we have the inside track but a lot of season left to play.  Each team will have plenty of time to prove they are the best.

What were your thoughts on the Oline?  The announcers were mentioning it but the problem seemed to be the ball wasn't coming out quickly.  Couldn't see the all22.  Someone said they rewatched and no one was getting open so curious what y'alls thoughts are?

5 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Donovan Smith is a problem.  Penalties, and he just stands around sometimes.  I'm not a fan.

I feel like he is a huge liability when Mahomes scrambles.  He tends to hold and like you said just stops playing.   There was a brief point I thought they might resign him but looks like LT in the first is a huge priority.  

26 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Your statement was that the Dolphins were the 2nd best team in the AFC. Lunacy. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record. The good teams have their offense figured out.

1 hour ago, mex said:

damn dude you're hard to please.

Yeah he made a bad decision on a punt, which MAY NOT have mattered as there's no way to tell where the ball would have bounced.

plenty of fuckups to go around today

He makes dumb decisions every game in the return game. I was glad when he was gone. He was a non factor in New York which speaks to how atrocious our group of WRs are that we hope to rely on him. 1 in 20 returns he will do something positive, but probably 15 of the others will be negative. Mahomes never trusted him in the passing game, even at times when he was wide open. He will be out of the NFL after he leaves KC in the offseason.

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

He makes dumb decisions every game in the return game. I was glad when he was gone. He was a non factor in New York which speaks to how atrocious our group of WRs are that we hope to rely on him. 1 in 20 returns he will do something positive, but probably 15 of the others will be negative. Mahomes never trusted him in the passing game, even at times when he was wide open. He will be out of the NFL after he leaves KC in the offseason.

I think we need to put him on the offense and that’s it. Send him down the field and force a defense to account for him. If he’s one on one, give him a shot. 

19 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think we need to put him on the offense and that’s it. Send him down the field and force a defense to account for him. If he’s one on one, give him a shot. 

James is set to return.  Might be a good thing too in the return game. 

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

.  We have 3 tough games left.  Eagles, Bills, Bengals.  They have 5 Bengals, Jags, 49ers, Dolphins and Steelers.    

I'm not sure the 49ers are all that tough at the moment, the Dolphins haven't beat anyone, and the Steelers don't have a good QB.  Bengals and Jags are the tough ones for the Ravens, but 13-4 isn't out of the question.  Can the Chiefs meet that level?

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'm not sure the 49ers are all that tough at the moment, the Dolphins haven't beat anyone, and the Steelers don't have a good QB.  Bengals and Jags are the tough ones for the Ravens, but 13-4 isn't out of the question.  Can the Chiefs meet that level?

The 49ers are a good team and that D isn't bad.  It will be a tough game for the Ravens.  The Steelers already beat them once this year.  I think the Ravens are a good team and they could be 13-4 but I don't think they will. 

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Actually I think Snead covered Hill most of the game

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He did.  Man, just fyi, it is SNEED.

I know Sneed covered him, just having some fun since McDuffie was basically a draft pick gained from the Hill trade.  

4 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Actually I think Snead covered Hill most of the game

Listing to Ryan Tracy on RGR gave me a different perspective on Sneed's holding penalties.  Tracy contended that the penalties paid off in the long run by intimidating Hill for rest of the game.  Don't know if that's a valid point or not.  At the time, I was annoyed since Sneed had so many calls against him in the previous week. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, kkuenn said:

He did.  Man, just fyi, it is SNEED.

I don't care if its SNEID just happy we have this guy. He did pretty good and usually does against alot of the WR's in the league. In the spirit of things and not to cause you to have a fucking stroke SNEED did a great job.