Dolphins vs Chiefs Germany Game Thread!!!

From FMIA: 

On the German Mega-Game

It’s an excellent question: Does the NFL regret putting one of the games of the year, 7-2 Kansas City against 7-2 Miami, in the Sunday morning 9:30 Eastern Time window on NFL Network instead of in prime time, when it could have been a ratings monster?

Well, no one inside the NFL offices would ever admit it. Of course, there has to be some regret. But I’m going to tell you how it happened, and why it’s pretty logical that the game ended up in Germany.

Five major reasons:

1. Every team now is mandated to play a “home game” at an international site at least once every eight years. Kansas City wanted its game to be in Germany, where it has global marketing rights, in one of the years when it was scheduled to have nine home games. In 2022 and 2024, AFC teams were and are slated for eight home games. The 2023 season, with nine home games for AFC teams, was the obvious choice.

2. The NFL doesn’t like to schedule division teams as international foes unless those teams agree to make the trip. No way Denver, Vegas or the Chargers would volunteer for trips of 10 hours or more to Frankfurt this year. That left six Kansas City home games: Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Miami, Philadelphia. Heck of a home slate.

3. Kansas City did not want to lose the Chicago home game. The Bears were scheduled to be in Kansas City only once between 2016 and 2030, and that was this year. In the Midwest, the 103-year-old Bears have fans everywhere, and KC felt it would have been a disservice to those fans to go 15 seasons without a visit by the Bears. That left five Kansas City home games.

4. Keep in mind the NFL has to have its schedule in place by early May, and the defending Super Bowl champs are going to max out with six prime-time appearances plus multiple doubleheader appearances on Fox and CBS. Let’s go back to early May and look at the KC schedule. The Philadelphia Super Bowl rematch was a lock to go to prime time—and it became the Nov. 20 Monday-nighter on ESPN/ABC. Buffalo, Cincinnati and Miami, probably in that order, seemed like good national-TV games. (I say in that order, because back in April and May, the Bills and Bengals were clearly more desirable TV teams than Miami.) So, the NFL made KC-Buffalo and KC-Cincinnati the late-window doubleheader games in Weeks 14 and 17, respectively. That left two Kansas City home games for Germany: Miami or Detroit.

5. X factor, now. The league also had to find a Kickoff Game foe for Kansas City on Sept. 7. Yes, the league could have made this a division game. Raiders-Chiefs was very nearly put in that slot; I can tell you the league was seriously considering that game. But the NFL broadcast committee has often said internally: Teams play their way onto the national games. Detroit was 8-2 down the stretch last season. The Lions had zilch to play for in week 18 at Lambeau Field and the Packers had a playoff spot to play for—yet the Lions beat Green Bay and played valiantly that night. Inside the NFL, there was a fascination with the potential of the Lions. The league never has to put the most desirable matchup as the first game of the season, because the ratings are going to be solid anyway. So, they put the Lions in the opener, over Miami and the Raiders. Good call. Detroit 21, Kansas City 20.

That left Miami for Frankfurt. And once again, like the endangered cat stuck high in the tree, the NFL has fallen out of a Redwood and landed on its feet with a TV decision. Set your alarms next Sunday, America.

last game I was at was a Bears Game in oct 2015..Bears fans are fun I went with an ol time member Big Jake there was a line of old guys sitting together all dressed up like Ditka we argued who had the worst QB..Since the Chiefs lost I guess we won that argument we had Alex Smith and Bears had Jay Cutler...same game JC  tore his ACL

Just now, oldtimer said:

last game I was at was a Bears Game in oct 2015..Bears fans are fun I went with an ol time member Big Jake there was a line of old guys sitting together all dressed up like Ditka we argued who had the worst QB..Since the Chiefs lost I guess we won that argument we had Alex Smith and Bears had Jay Cutler...same game JC  tore his ACL

Opposing fans seem a lot more cordial when your team sucks...I bet if you went to a Bears game now, you'd probably get into a damn fight...

33 minutes ago, artsy said:

I suspect Spags will have a good plan for Mr. Hill. Hell, he practiced against him for 3 plus yrs. Hill is not my concern...It's Waddle, Mostert and our Offensive playcalling I'm worried about.

If we cant..or should I say, DON"T run the ball, they will wear out the defense and then Mostert/Waddle and crew will begin to gash the defense. This is a game were we have to control the game and clock with the offense. If this was ever a game for Toney, Rice and Moore to go off it's this one!

Tyreek has been all over the internet talking about how to beat the chiefs and stopping Kelce has been the #1 thing he's been screaming and I have no doubts that Fangio WILL limit Kelce's opportunities.

My hope is that they use Kelce as a decoy and Toney, Rice and Moore have a great day. 2nd, Pacheco has double digit carries and rushes for more than 80 yds and lastly the defense bends but doesn't break and holds the fins to FGs vs TDs. 

The Fins HAVE not beat a team with a winning record since Sept of last year. I hope it remains that way after Sunday morning.

Mahomes has to stop passing up receivers to only go to Kelce….I’ve seen people post about how receivers are getting open (I don’t see it often) but Mahomes isn’t going to them.  

Receivers have to catch balls to have a field day.  

I think Naggy is pretty meh and Andy always reverts to Andy.  So there’s that.  

Defense is not the problem although the LB situation is thin.  They can bend but the offense needs to help too.  

Stop turning the fucking ball over.  

11 minutes ago, artsy said:

Opposing fans seem a lot more cordial when your team sucks...I bet if you went to a Bears game now, you'd probably get into a damn fight...

since I'm a Bears fan I doubt that would happen but I'd not go to Chicago that's for sure.. I do like that Chi-Town Pizza tho 

Although I was on the "Its time for EB to move on" train, for some reason I feel like his absence is being felt. I know he didn't do the play calling, but what he did do, was get in player's asses when they didn't execute including Pat and Kelce. Does anyone think Nagy would even attempt to jump Pat's shit?? I don't.

I always thought his coaching style was a little "extra", but I feel like the player's respected him and LISTENED to him. I could imagine what EB would be saying to these WRs right now...It would probably be ugly..LOL. But deserved. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I mean, I can see the play calling is very lackluster.  

I'll agree that it has certainly become predictable and stale. You can count on at least one  shuttle pass  near the end zone yada yada yada but until Andy falls on his face it's the horse Hunt and Veach will ride.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Although I was on the "Its time for EB to move on" train, for some reason I feel like his absence is being felt. I know he didn't do the play calling, but what he did do, was get in player's asses when they didn't execute including Pat and Kelce. Does anyone think Nagy would even attempt to jump Pat's shit?? I don't.

I always thought his coaching style was a little "extra", but I feel like the player's respected him and LISTENED to him. I could imagine what EB would be saying to these WRs right now...It would probably be ugly..LOL. But deserved. 

yup

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

Which is why Washington players were bitching about being talked to like grown ass men who get paid to produce when EB went there.  He has no issues calling players out on the sideline.  

I wonder if he will be a candidate for Vegas?

1 hour ago, xen said:
From FMIA: 

On the German Mega-Game

It’s an excellent question: Does the NFL regret putting one of the games of the year, 7-2 Kansas City against 7-2 Miami, in the Sunday morning 9:30 Eastern Time window on NFL Network instead of in prime time, when it could have been a ratings monster?

Well, no one inside the NFL offices would ever admit it. Of course, there has to be some regret. But I’m going to tell you how it happened, and why it’s pretty logical that the game ended up in Germany.

Five major reasons:

1. Every team now is mandated to play a “home game” at an international site at least once every eight years. Kansas City wanted its game to be in Germany, where it has global marketing rights, in one of the years when it was scheduled to have nine home games. In 2022 and 2024, AFC teams were and are slated for eight home games. The 2023 season, with nine home games for AFC teams, was the obvious choice.

2. The NFL doesn’t like to schedule division teams as international foes unless those teams agree to make the trip. No way Denver, Vegas or the Chargers would volunteer for trips of 10 hours or more to Frankfurt this year. That left six Kansas City home games: Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Miami, Philadelphia. Heck of a home slate.

3. Kansas City did not want to lose the Chicago home game. The Bears were scheduled to be in Kansas City only once between 2016 and 2030, and that was this year. In the Midwest, the 103-year-old Bears have fans everywhere, and KC felt it would have been a disservice to those fans to go 15 seasons without a visit by the Bears. That left five Kansas City home games.

4. Keep in mind the NFL has to have its schedule in place by early May, and the defending Super Bowl champs are going to max out with six prime-time appearances plus multiple doubleheader appearances on Fox and CBS. Let’s go back to early May and look at the KC schedule. The Philadelphia Super Bowl rematch was a lock to go to prime time—and it became the Nov. 20 Monday-nighter on ESPN/ABC. Buffalo, Cincinnati and Miami, probably in that order, seemed like good national-TV games. (I say in that order, because back in April and May, the Bills and Bengals were clearly more desirable TV teams than Miami.) So, the NFL made KC-Buffalo and KC-Cincinnati the late-window doubleheader games in Weeks 14 and 17, respectively. That left two Kansas City home games for Germany: Miami or Detroit.

5. X factor, now. The league also had to find a Kickoff Game foe for Kansas City on Sept. 7. Yes, the league could have made this a division game. Raiders-Chiefs was very nearly put in that slot; I can tell you the league was seriously considering that game. But the NFL broadcast committee has often said internally: Teams play their way onto the national games. Detroit was 8-2 down the stretch last season. The Lions had zilch to play for in week 18 at Lambeau Field and the Packers had a playoff spot to play for—yet the Lions beat Green Bay and played valiantly that night. Inside the NFL, there was a fascination with the potential of the Lions. The league never has to put the most desirable matchup as the first game of the season, because the ratings are going to be solid anyway. So, they put the Lions in the opener, over Miami and the Raiders. Good call. Detroit 21, Kansas City 20.

That left Miami for Frankfurt. And once again, like the endangered cat stuck high in the tree, the NFL has fallen out of a Redwood and landed on its feet with a TV decision. Set your alarms next Sunday, America.

I hope we are 7-2 next week. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Which is why Washington players were bitching about being talked to like grown ass men who get paid to produce when EB went there.  He has no issues calling players out on the sideline.  

I wonder if he will be a candidate for Vegas?

I'd bet on it and Wash will get the draft picks just to add insult to injury lol

9 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

The Chiefs lead the league in dropped passes and are still the top seed for now...

I brought up the EB issue a few weeks back and I think it was Xen who calmed my nerves a bit on that...

The WR's start catching the ball and stop the drops and all will be fine.

Oh yea. Hell, if the WRs catch at least 50% of the dropped passes this season, we're probably undefeated!

However, I do believe that if EB was here, he would've been "knee deep" in these WRs. Dropping passes and missing blocks??/ Yea, he would've been going ape shit, I'm sure. 

Nagy....probably not so much. 

One thing makes me optimistic....usually after a stinker the Chiefs buckle down, refocus and look really good the next game. Last year we looked really bad and lost to Indy. The following week the offense steamrolled what was thought to be a good Tampa defense on their field. Plus Andy has never lost an international game. Here's hoping those trends continue.

22 minutes ago, dhitter said:

One thing makes me optimistic....usually after a stinker the Chiefs buckle down, refocus and look really good the next game. Last year we looked really bad and lost to Indy. The following week the offense steamrolled what was thought to be a good Tampa defense on their field. Plus Andy has never lost an international game. Here's hoping those trends continue.

I was at that game. Lots of Chief fans were everywhere at that game.

It was sweet!

1 hour ago, bamaroyal said:

The Chiefs lead the league in dropped passes and are still the top seed for now...

I brought up the EB issue a few weeks back and I think it was Xen who calmed my nerves a bit on that...

The WR's start catching the ball and stop the drops and all will be fine.

Kelce mentioned that running wrong routes was also a contributing factor. 
I don’t what retard receiver we have that is running wrong routes, but whichever it is, bench there ass until they get it. 

6 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Kelce mentioned that running wrong routes was also a contributing factor. 
I don’t what retard receiver we have that is running wrong routes, but whichever it is, bench there ass until they get it. 

Multiple.