Is it time to admit

that we are a just above average team this year???  Our defense is AMAZING.  But now missing two starting LB's.  We have only looked good against the Bears and our offense put up numbers against the bolts, but their d sucks.  Every other game has been a nail biter.  YES, who knows what would of happened if MVS or Hardman had not fumbled, but A LOT of teams have kept us out of the endzone this year.  Not just the donks.  On Pats first interception, Moore was wide open for a first down, but Pat forced it to Kelce. He has got to get rid of this crutch, or we are going nowhere.  Yes, Moore should of caught the pass, but it was fourth and 2, get the first down!!!!!!!!!!!  I also think its time we give up the stance Pat can make anyone as a receiver great, I personally think Pat has regressed.  Guess we will see what Miami and Philly does to us in our next 2 games.  And yes, I know, Pat was sick, but he does not really read anymore.  Lots of receivers open today, he decided to improvise too much and it killed us!

I'd have to see the game for myself, but wouldn't go that far yet. I'm definitely disappointed in the young receivers besides Rice. I'm starting to wonder what effect Eric Bieniemy had on this team in terms of holding the players accountable. He may have seemed hardcore, but the offense seemed to have more of a gritty edge to it.

It's hard to say how things will work out. In 2019 when the Chiefs lost back-to-back games I don't think anyone thought they were going to go all the way. I don't think Mahomes has regressed, it just doesn't seem like he trusts his receivers. He may have missed Skye Moore during the game, but look what happened at the end when the Chiefs could have had a TD. It sucks to lose, especially as they did; but it's still a lot of season left. 

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Only thing I’ve noticed as far as regression is- deep ball accuracy isn’t great. Lots of deep balls flutter, and he may have lost a bit on the fastball. The arm doesn’t look as strong as it used to. He’s had some ugly deep balls this year.

I. noticed this as well. Maybe it's age just a little. Time flies by fast but he's been starting for the Chiefs for six seasons and is two years from 30. Not old for a QB, but he doesn't seem to sling it like when he was 23. 

I don't know if he has regressed.  I will admit his deep ball has regressed some but he never really had to develop it much when he had Tyreek.  Just throw it deep and Hill would track it and frequently come down with it.  Has to practice throwing it to a wr not just throwing it up.   Now with that said he doesn't have anyone outside of Watson that will go up and fight for a ball.   He also is dealing with two new tackles.  Takes time to trust those guys in tense moments.  I for one feel like the offense hasn't evolved much in the past couple years.   Its expecting our QB to raise the level of all wr's while simultaneously overcoming what seems like predictable play calling.   I also think the NFL has evolved to the point that even elite qbs need good weapons to compete.   Betting on the potential of our wr group in the offseason was a gamble but it was also based on the believe they would continue to develop.  Its becoming clear the gamble failed.   Fortunately Veach has time to correct it this week.  I know no one wants us to use draft capital to fix it but so far its the one area we haven't been able to draft well.  The window is now and not getting him some help will be a decision that everyone regrets if we loss in the playoffs because of what appears to be a huge weakness right now.

42 minutes ago, qnet said:

I. noticed this as well. Maybe it's age just a little. Time flies by fast but he's been starting for the Chiefs for six seasons and is two years from 30. Not old for a QB, but he doesn't seem to sling it like when he was 23. 

Isn't 28 like peak male age.  If he was 30 then sure I could see that.  He often times throws off balance or not completely set.  Y'all are right though, he has thrown more deep duck balls that have been short this year. 

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Isn't 28 like peak male age.  If he was 30 then sure I could see that.  He often times throws off balance or not completely set.  Y'all are right though, he has thrown more deep duck balls that have been short this year. 

Could be, I'm just throwing out ideas. I really don't know honestly. I think part of it may be Mahomes not having the pure speed at receiver like he used to in the past. With Watkins, and especially Hill. He could just launch it downfield and hit how runs. Hill was so fast that he often had to wait for some throws. He seems to have more chemistry with Watson down the sideline. These other receivers he just doesn't click with and he's trying to really hard to. 

I haven't seen the game yet, so I'm going to have to painfully watch the highlights to get a better assessment. 

2 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

And where does Veach and his role play into this?  He has been riding the coat tails of previous tenures and did nothing.  This is what we are left with.

Hahaha, he has done a good job. Cap space management, drafting is good and we see he attacks what is needed. Curious to see what he does with the WR need now with trades possible or into off season and the upcoming contracts. 

Just watch the game highlights, so don't know how much I can take away from it. I will say this, that pass on 4 down Mahomes threw was nice, Sky Moore just couldn't come down with it. It wasn't as easy a catch as I thought it was, the defender was right on him, but good receivers make it. Another thing I saw was the Broncos weren't fucking around, they came to play and they played hard from the start. Watching RGR, this has been said time and time on here. The Chiefs weren't physical enough and should have lined up and run the ball more. 

5 hours ago, qnet said:

Just watch the game highlights, so don't know how much I can take away from it. I will say this, that pass on 4 down Mahomes threw was nice, Sky Moore just couldn't come down with it. It wasn't as easy a catch as I thought it was, the defender was right on him, but good receivers make it. Another thing I saw was the Broncos weren't fucking around, they came to play and they played hard from the start. Watching RGR, this has been said time and time on here. The Chiefs weren't physical enough and should have lined up and run the ball more. 

I agree with this    Regarding the run game and maybe it’s just me but it looks like we counted on Mckinion a year too long.  He just doesn’t look the same guy from last year   

11 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

that we are a just above average team this year???  Our defense is AMAZING.  But now missing two starting LB's.  We have only looked good against the Bears and our offense put up numbers against the bolts, but their d sucks.  Every other game has been a nail biter.  YES, who knows what would of happened if MVS or Hardman had not fumbled, but A LOT of teams have kept us out of the endzone this year.  Not just the donks.  On Pats first interception, Moore was wide open for a first down, but Pat forced it to Kelce. He has got to get rid of this crutch, or we are going nowhere.  Yes, Moore should of caught the pass, but it was fourth and 2, get the first down!!!!!!!!!!!  I also think its time we give up the stance Pat can make anyone as a receiver great, I personally think Pat has regressed.  Guess we will see what Miami and Philly does to us in our next 2 games.  And yes, I know, Pat was sick, but he does not really read anymore.  Lots of receivers open today, he decided to improvise too much and it killed us!

I did not see that many WR open today at all. Your talking about the Chiefs vs Donkeys right? Cause we saw 2 different things.

10 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

I agree with this    Regarding the run game and maybe it’s just me but it looks like we counted on Mckinion a year too long.  He just doesn’t look the same guy from last year   

It's just me but I think the play calling has gotten stale..almost a given a shuttle pass to someone will be a goal line tactic McKinnon's part in the offense is predictable and  altho TK had an all world performance last week he is visibly slower almost T Gonzales like now. What was said earlier about Patrick  slinging the ball  and having Tyreek  locate and speed up  is plain to see.

Every team lays an egg, Every "Dynasty" has off years it's the 2nd loss in 8 games BFD. Beating a team 17 times in a row is a all but impossible and the donks are always a tough out certainly where 2 weeks ago so they weren't scared of us. I'll repeat this as it just blows my mind but  before yesterday the Donks had won a SB with Pey Pey since they had last beaten the Chiefs. That's unF'n believable.  Patrick had the flue, he's not got the weapons ,he's trying too hard because of that, he's got 2 kids and the whole family was sick yada yada yada. I predicted 11-6 and I totally expect them to lose next weekend. I'm thrilled I have no access to NFLN..It'll be FUGLY.

Please EV et al overreactors, if your going to set your hair on fire and jump off a cliff...please be sure to have a survivor post it.

How long have we been saying "Imagine what this team would look like with a top 10 defense. 

Well we have that. We are 6-2. We have the best record in the AFC. We are a top 4 unit in total offense AND defense.

And instead of celebrating, we have fans that are talking about how our QB has regressed. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I cant imagine what this place will be like after Mahomes retires and we are no longer in the midst of watching history unfold. I hope you people have loved ones that hide all the sharp objects when the games are on.

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How long have we been saying "Imagine what this team would look like with a top 10 defense. 

Well we have that. We are 6-2. We have the best record in the AFC. We are a top 4 unit in total offense AND defense.

And instead of celebrating, we have fans that are talking about how our QB has regressed. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

I cant imagine what this place will be like after Mahomes retires and we are no longer in the midst of watching history unfold. I hope you people have loved ones that hide all the sharp objects when the games are on.

Well, I remember what it was like pre-Mahomes and it was pretty much the same way, LOL.  It was just much worse because we were getting bounced out of the playoffs in the wildcard or divisional round every season. I'm actually enjoying this Chiefs era a lot, and don't get as down after a loss as I used to. 

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

i have my doubts this place nor I will be around at that time

44 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Just ask New England fans how they feel lately.....

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

My point was not that Mahomes was regressing per se, as he has a crutch right now with TK.  The other receivers ARE getting open, he is just not throwing to them.    I LOVE this era we are in, but you can't honestly say that we have looked great in all of the games we have played.  We are at the halfway point, and this offense honestly looks pedestrian compared to years past.  I would love nothing more than to be wrong, but just putting it out for discussion.

3 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

My point was not that Mahomes was regressing per se, as he has a crutch right now with TK.  The other receivers ARE getting open, he is just not throwing to them.    I LOVE this era we are in, but you can't honestly say that we have looked great in all of the games we have played.  We are at the halfway point, and this offense honestly looks pedestrian compared to years past.  I would love nothing more than to be wrong, but just putting it out for discussion.

Yea, I don't know what Pats problem is. Something is going on with him. It's like resistance to the offensive game plan or his dis-taste for the WRs. I know he likes Justin Watson, but I think if you give Rice, Toney and even Sky more oppoturnities I think they will succeed more than they fail? 

Every damn pass play he's looking at Kelce and holds the ball till he can get it to kelce. Otherwise he takes his shots with Watson. Those JAGs for WRs made the squad for a reason, and although they have some drops, he also has some bad throws too. Every defense in the NFL is focused on Kelce....so if that's the case, use Kelce as a decoy and feed Rice, Moore or Toney or Mecole. 

Furthermore, running the ball on 1st and 10 EVERY FREAKING TIME is a little predicitable...And when they do run it and pick up 4 or 5 yds, they don't run it again until they get another 1st down. PREDICTABLE.

8 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

They can be open, but can they catch or are they suppose to be where they ran too?