Is it time to admit

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It's just me but I think the play calling has gotten stale..almost a give a shuttle pass to someone will be a goal line tactic MCKinnon's part in the offense is predictable and  altho TK had an all world performance last week he is visibly slower almost T Gonzales like now. What was said earlier about Patruiick  slinging the ball  and having Tyreek  locate and speed up  is plain to see.

Every team lays an egg, Every "Dynasty" has off years it's the 2nd loss in 8 games BFD. Beating a team 17 times in a row isa all but impossible and the donks are always a tough out certainly where 2 weeks ago so they weren't scared of us. I'll repeat this as it just blows my mind but  before yesterday the Donks had won a SB with Pey Pey since they had last beaten the Chiefs. That's unF'n believable.  Patrick had the flue, he's not got the weapons ,he's trying too hard because of that, he's got 2 kids and the whole family was sick yada yada yada. I predicted 11-6 and I totally expect them to lose next weekend. I'm thrilled I have no access to NFLN..It'll be FUGLY.

Please EV et al over reactors..if your going to set your hair on fire and jump off a cliff...please be sure to have a survivor post it.

Couple weeks ago I watched the last dance about the 90s bulls and at the end of their 2nd 3 peat they talked about how emotionally and physically exhausting they were.  This team mainly it’s leaders in Mahomes Kelce and Jones have played more football than any other teams in the league in the past 5 years and have gone thru a ton of shit in that time.  I wonder how emotionally invested they are right now.  I’m not talking about just yesterday but the whole season so far.  

17 hours ago, qnet said:

I. noticed this as well. Maybe it's age just a little. Time flies by fast but he's been starting for the Chiefs for six seasons and is two years from 30. Not old for a QB, but he doesn't seem to sling it like when he was 23. 

i doubt its his age, if i had to guess spraining ankles every other week for 2 years now is probably robbing him of power at the moment

19 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Couple weeks ago I watched the last dance about the 90s bulls and at the end of their 2nd 3 peat they talked about how emotionally and physically exhausting they were.  This team mainly it’s leaders in Mahomes Kelce and Jones have played more football than any other teams in the league in the past 5 years and have gone thru a ton of shit in that time.  I wonder how emotionally invested they are right now.  I’m not talking about just yesterday but the whole season so far.  

The psychological toll is immense no doubt.  All the pressure to win every single week and this year Mahomes has fewer weapons that any point in his career.  I think they get it figured out but that is definitely a possibility Okie. 

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

I made this very point last year expecting a possible trend downward to facilitate a rebuild. It's even more so relevant this year with personal appearances, expanding families along with longer seasons....it's gotta happen sooner or later

25 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chiefs are looking to trade Richie James. Seems weird when they desperately need WR help. Makes me think they are clearing room on the roster for a WR not currently on the team

I saw that. Hunter Renfrow would be ok with me. lol

30 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

I saw that. Hunter Renfrow would be ok with me. lol

honestly i think renfrow would do well with the chiefs, not sure if his contract works for our cap situation.

mahomes puts a premium on wrs who are smart and their route takes them where they are supposed to be, aka, the ones he trusts over those with freak athletic ability.

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

honestly i think renfrow would do well with the chiefs, not sure if his contract works for our cap situation.

mahomes puts a premium on wrs who are smart and their route takes them where they are supposed to be, aka, the ones he trusts over those with freak athletic ability.

Yeah, from what I've seen, his contract makes it undoable. Unless they work out something like the Giants and Seahawks did for Williams. Raiders aren't gonna do that within the division.

21 hours ago, Calichief said:

Only thing I’ve noticed as far as regression is- deep ball accuracy isn’t great. Lots of deep balls flutter, and he may have lost a bit on the fastball. The arm doesn’t look as strong as it used to. He’s had some ugly deep balls this year.

It seems to me that he still thows some amazingly accurate passes in tight windows, and he can still throw the ball a very, very long distance, but as others said, his reputation for throwing deep was pretty much Tyreek Hill simply running under it with his speed and tracking it and catching it incredibly well.  His game has been vision and fooling safeties with his eyes and throwing with odd arm angles.  He still does that, but I agree that he has been forced to improvise  less by the coaches and stay more in the pocket or closer to the pocket.  There is absolutely no doubt that he doesn't see open guys real well, but I have to believe that is laziness, from relying on Kelce to simply go get the ball and bail him out with their special chemistry.  Mahomes is going to have to rely on Kelce less and use his vision and mental processing power more.  That doesn't go away with age. He must stay in the pocket more to maintain a good running game, and he has worked hard at that and largely succeeded. That  is one of the reasons Pacheco has found success. But when no one can hold onto the ball in odd weather conditions, and you get behind, you can't just abandon the run and switch to overly cute screens and sweeps and start forcing the ball to Kelce against fast defenders.  You have to gradually take control of the game with 50% pounding runs behind a great and huge set of outstanding interior O-linemen.  This is true, whether you are a young and single gunslinger or a mid-career tired father of two little kids with a raging case of viral diarrhea sweeping through the entire household.  I could tell this was a loss when he came out of the tunnel and looked exactly like a guy going through that wringer.  Reid should never have played him yesterday. You can't make good decisions feeling like that and being too weak to risk getting brown rather than green stains on your uniform (and too slow to escape). His game was shit yesterday for good reasons...including liquid ones. To stop that, you have to take meds that slow the rest of you down, too, not just the gut.

4 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Where is the blame on Veach?  This experiment has blown up his fucking face.

Lol, man you really don’t like Veach. I don’t think anyone is blaming him because they don’t agree with you. You have your opinion and we have ours. If none of these receivers work out, then maybe he will take some blame.

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chiefs are looking to trade Richie James. Seems weird when they desperately need WR help. Makes me think they are clearing room on the roster for a WR not currently on the team

They need to look at moving Moore and MVS too

25 minutes ago, qnet said:

Lol, man you really don’t like Veach. I don’t think anyone is blaming him because they don’t agree with you. You have your opinion and we have ours. If none of these receivers work out, then maybe he will take some blame.

EV  just likes to hate.. when all else fails he hates himself.