Is it time to admit

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

They need to look at moving Moore and MVS too

MVS, yes.  Too much money for what he produces.  We got Hardman back on the cheap, and he offers more than MVS and is faster. I think he is the replacement for MVS.  I think it is way too early to write off Moore. He is a slot receiver who just needs to learn more and be used right.  He will never be a deep or outside guy. He doesn't see well when turning his head that much, it doesn't seem like to me. He should be thrown to on crossers and comebacks where he can look the ball into his hands.

32 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

MVS, yes.  Too much money for what he produces.  We got Hardman back on the cheap, and he offers more than MVS and is faster. I think he is the replacement for MVS.  I think it is way too early to write off Moore. He is a slot receiver who just needs to learn more and be used right.  He will never be a deep or outside guy. He doesn't see well when turning his head that much, it doesn't seem like to me. He should be thrown to on crossers and comebacks where he can look the ball into his hands.

You're starting to make too much sense.  Moore hasn't been used correctly and Rice needs more targets.  One drop in the game doesn't mean he's not usable.  

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

And apparently that wasn't really a drop.

Not sure how one defines a "drop".  Some are obvious, but more are receivers failing to make the tough catch on a ball thrown slightly behind or on a contested pass.  Bowe could make the tough catch and flub the one that hit him in the numbers. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure how one defines a "drop".  Some are obvious, but more are receivers failing to make the tough catch on a ball thrown slightly behind or on a contested pass.  Bowe could make the tough catch and flub the one that hit him in the numbers. 

This is MVS. He wont also go towards the ball to make the tough catch.

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, I think it is officially time for us to admit we ar a better than average team, but that is about it!  This loss is on Patrick as much as anyone.  That interception was terrible decision.

After the Raiders game, I thought they were going to go on their usual late-season run.  I'm not sure what's going to happen now.

Well, I think it is officially time for us to admit we ar a better than average team, but that is about it!  This loss is on Patrick as much as anyone.  That interception was terrible decision.

I've been posting pretty much the same thing since pre-season. I have hoped it was not true, but it is.  We could squeak into the playoffs but get no further.

8 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I have to agree they are above average at best. I think after week 13 we pretty much know what teams are what and right now no one is scared of the Chiefs. They should make the playoffs and thats about as far as they will go. 

i don't think anyone is scared of the Chiefs because they know what we are going to do, our offense has become predictable and other than Rice & Pacheco nobody has truly stepped up to take the pressure off of Kelce (who is looking like age and miles are catching up to him)

I don’t agree. He put that ball where it was supposed to be.  Skyy wasn’t there. In fact if you watch the defender he knew exactly where the ball was supposed to be. Looked like a better wr than skyy. Which isn’t hard to do. 

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i don't think anyone is scared of the Chiefs because they know what we are going to do, our offense has become predictable and other than Rice & Pacheco nobody has truly stepped up to take the pressure off of Kelce (who is looking like age and miles are catching up to him)

I absolutely love watching Pacheco.

I think a rebuild of the WR's (if possible) would return the Chiefs to the kind of team opponents fear.  Its time to admit that Kelce is going to retire soon and that Skyy Moore is simply a bust.  Not really a draft mistake, just kind of the luck of the draw. He isn't it.   Also, I know Andy Reid likes to let his players' personalities shine through and be who they are, but 1) what they are at the WR position is not good enough right now and 2) they really should be concentrating on football and less on pop stars and making commercials.  That goes for Mahomes as much as anybody.  Add his commercials, home responsibilities, and crappy wide receivers, he ends up making bad decisions, trying to shoulder the whole team, and throws interceptions based on poor decisions. It's OK to be a gunslinger when you have a young Kelce and a receiver like Hill, but he has to be even more measured and smart than what he has worked pretty successfully at becoming.

Andy Reid's decisions have left a lot to be desired also.  He should be using more two tight end sets and throwing to Noah Gray more.  Kelce is gettng worn out trying to do what he used to do, so offensive strategy has to change.

12 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I absolutely love watching Pacheco.

I think a rebuild of the WR's (if possible) would return the Chiefs to the kind of team opponents fear.  Its time to admit that Kelce is going to retire soon and that Skyy Moore is simply a bust.  Not really a draft mistake, just kind of the luck of the draw. He isn't it.   Also, I know Andy Reid likes to let his players' personalities shine through and be who they are, but 1) what they are at the WR position is not good enough right now and 2) they really should be concentrating on football and less on pop stars and making commercials.  That goes for Mahomes as much as anybody.  Add his commercials, home responsibilities, and crappy wide receivers, he ends up making bad decisions, trying to shoulder the whole team, and throws interceptions based on poor decisions. It's OK to be a gunslinger when you have a young Kelce and a receiver like Hill, but he has to be even more measured and smart than what he has worked pretty successfully at becoming.

Andy Reid's decisions have left a lot to be desired also.  He should be using more two tight end sets and throwing to Noah Gray more.  Kelce is gettng worn out trying to do what he used to do, so offensive strategy has to change.

100% agree.

It seems like Andy is trying to fit the proverbial square peg, into the round hole with this offense. They don't have the personnel to do all of the choice routes and improvisation that veteran WRs can do. We watched Leflour scheme all of his  young guys open and destroy KC's zone defense. They had hot routes to beat blitzes and they stayed consistan running the ball, keeping things simple for his young team.

Andy has not adjusted to his personnel very well this season, IMO.

Penalties, turnovers, sloppy play on offense and subpar playcalling. I don't know if all of these things can be fixed this year...

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

100% agree.

It seems like Andy is trying to fit the proverbial square peg, into the round hole with this offense. They don't have the personnel to do all of the choice routes and improvisation that veteran WRs can do. We watched Leflour scheme all of his  young guys open and destroy KC's zone defense. They had hot routes to beat blitzes and they stayed consistan running the ball, keeping things simple for his young team.

Penalties, turnovers, sloppy play on offense and subpar playcalling. I don't know if all of these things can be fixed this year...

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

This team lacks talent offensively. That’s the truth. Say what you want about EB or Nagy. And don’t forget, Andy calls the plays. He always has.

The skill positions are very slow besides Pacheco. This team is a long way from DAT, Hill, Watkins, Robinson, etc… 

There are simply no play makers or game breakers. It has condensed the field, made it predictable, and made the other team only have to defend one guy. And that guy has lost a step as well. 

This team is going to need an overhaul on that side of the ball. 

stop complaining about the tackles, Pat has more time to throw than he ever has. 

18 minutes ago, artsy said:

100% agree.

They can be covered up but in the Playoffs it will kill us.

I think it is as simple as the WRs outside Rice are downright awful, regressed, and have no confidence. They had Toney as WR1 and he failed against Detriot and has been relegated to gadgets. MVS has regressed and visibly has no confidence. Skyy Moore excels at nothing and just isn’t NFL caliber. Watson makes a play and then fails on another, no consistency. Ross failed at life after being given every chance. Hardman should never have been brought back. James is just Hardman without fielding punts inside the five.

Outside Rice, I am not sure any of these guys even make a roster on other NFL teams, and if they do, it is their last team before they retire a year or two later.

51 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The worst thing is their harm done to Mahome's confidence. He is still great but having to hold the ball too long and seems to be trying to carry the offense on his own shoulders. 

or maybe he needs set back on his haunches, a little reality check if you will. As much as he may need a reality check the same might be said about the coaching staff..JMO but they may of thought they could get by with a mediocre WR corps like they did last year but that bunch from last year look like HOFrs compared to these slap nuts

4 hours ago, 58shineson said:

I don’t agree. He put that ball where it was supposed to be.  Skyy wasn’t there. In fact if you watch the defender he knew exactly where the ball was supposed to be. Looked like a better wr than skyy. Which isn’t hard to do. 

This.  That pick was 100% on Moore.  If he runs the route correctly, it's at worst an incompletion.  Pat will make mistakes, but the receivers are fucking him over badly.