Is it time to admit

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

This.  That pick was 100% on Moore.  If he runs the route correctly, it's at worst an incompletion.  Pat will make mistakes, but the receivers are fucking him over badly.  

Very true.  I thought that last one was a bad decision, but you make sense.  That's probably what happened.  That has been happening all season with the bunch of them.  Some of the throws have been unbelievably accurate, but guys would stop instead of completing their route downfield or fail to turn their head or come back...or simply fail to look the ball into their arms.  It seems like every game, at least one or two incompletions end with Mahomes holding his head in frustration or disguised anger.  He is the ultimate team player and tries to maintain his cool and his patience.

It just might be that Moore and MVS are just not the brightest guys on the block or they would have learned some stuff by now. Mahomes got spoiled by Tyeek Hill.  All he had to do was heave it, and Tyreek would just race and run under it.  That, or the threat of it, opened up the whole field for the rest of them.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Very true.  I thought that last one was a bad decision, but you make sense.  That's probably what happened.  That has been happening all season with the bunch of them.  Some of the throws have been unbelievably accurate, but guys would stop instead of completing their route downfield or fail to turn their head or come back...or simply fail to look the ball into their arms.  It seems like every game, at least one or two incompletions end with Mahomes holding his head in frustration or disguised anger.  He is the ultimate team player and tries to maintain his cool and his patience.

It just might be that Moore and MVS are just not the brightest guys on the block or they would have learned some stuff by now. Mahomes got spoiled by Tyeek Hill.  All he had to do was heave it, and Tyreek would just race and run under it.  That, or the threat of it, opened up the whole field for the rest of them.

He had Ju Ju last year, so this is the first season he hasn’t had a #1

18 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Moore just doesn't seem to be getting it.  MVS, I don't know if he didn't make these mistakes last year, or if the offense was balanced enough from the receiver position that when he made the wrong reads/routes, Mahomes just went elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Moore just doesn't seem to be getting it.  MVS, I don't know if he didn't make these mistakes last year, or if the offense was balanced enough from the receiver position that when he made the wrong reads/routes, Mahomes just went elsewhere.  

i was totally unipressed with MVS last year and to the same degree.  He did make a few key catches downfield, but certainly not enough to be considered a speed threat by opponents.  I would like to see him gone next year, and I have no doubt he will be.  He is costing a fortune and not producing anywhere within light years of his actual value.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

i was totally unipressed with MVS last year and to the same degree.  He did make a few key catches downfield, but certainly not enough to be considered a speed threat by opponents.  I would like to see him gone next year, and I have no doubt he will be.  He is costing a fortune and not producing anywhere within light years of his actual value.

his dead cap # of $2M next year makes him highly cuttable

Many have expressed how "amazing" the Chiefs defense is this year. It certainly is better overall than in past years. So what's up with the defense the past couple of weeks? Raiders and Aiden F'n O'Connell pretty much had their way the first 3 drives. And Sunday night Jordan Love rarely seemed uncomfortable or out of control.  Are we gonna blame it on the weather? Injuries? Or perhaps we are starting to see cracks in the foundation. I'm not sure what was going on against the Packers ....but it was a huge failure.

I think we are better than that. But I would say that it is this time to admit that the game will be decided at the game. That sounds stupid to say, but in a few years past, as recently as last year, there were games where I felt we had it as long as the refs didn’t interfere. Now we have to worry about ourselves as well, but I think we can do it.

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

Many have expressed how "amazing" the Chiefs defense is this year. It certainly is better overall than in past years. So what's up with the defense the past couple of weeks? Raiders and Aiden F'n O'Connell pretty much had their way the first 3 drives. And Sunday night Jordan Love rarely seemed uncomfortable or out of control.  Are we gonna blame it on the weather? Injuries? Or perhaps we are starting to see cracks in the foundation. I'm not sure what was going on against the Packers ....but it was a huge failure.

To me, it's pretty simple.  We were able to withstand the loss of Bolton because of Tranquill but still lost against the Eagles, because they are a great team and we made a lot of offensive mistakes.  Then Tranquill got a concussion early in the game against the Packers.  Our linebacker corp was much worse almost immediately.  Especially with Tranquill out, who is great in coverage, Jordan Love had just enough time to hit the short and intermediate routes.  Hopefully, Tranquill will be back for the next game, and Bolton is already practicing but may be another couple of weeks away.  There is no mystery why the defense has been not as good the last two games.  We haven't been playing crappy teams the last two games, either. At least one of them will be in the playoffs and possibly even Green Bay.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, 58shineson said:

I don’t agree. He put that ball where it was supposed to be.  Skyy wasn’t there. In fact if you watch the defender he knew exactly where the ball was supposed to be. Looked like a better wr than skyy. Which isn’t hard to do. 

On 12/4/2023 at 2:56 PM, moons314 said:

This.  That pick was 100% on Moore.  If he runs the route correctly, it's at worst an incompletion.  Pat will make mistakes, but the receivers are fucking him over badly.  

You both are off here.  This particular int was on Mahomes not Skyy.

This was obviously an RPO and Mahomes changed Skyy's route to beat the man coverage (cover 1 man defense).  Rice ran the rub to free Skyy since with the RPO call he needs to get it out quickly.

Once the defender doesn't bite on the rub and plays the deeper route Mahomes needs to hit Skyy on the back shoulder throw early as the defender wouldn't be able to get there.  That is the post snap adjustment.  Skyy slows his route because he can see the defender didn't bite amd you can see him start to turn for the back shoulder throw.  Mahomes should have hit him then.  People are misinterpreting Skyy's route as a double move but it's not.

Instead he throws the pre snap adjustment route, ignoring that the defender didn't bite on the rub.

Mahomes even said as much in his press conference that he should have thrown the back shoulder on Skyy.

This play actually shows Skyy is starting to make better post snap route adjustments, which is what we've all been crying about.  Mahomes just missed it.

This was the first time in 6 years when the Chiefs had the ball with a chance to tie or win I was not confident at all that they would succeed. I actually was more like this game is over. I just think they need to reload next year and get after it and win the whole damn thing.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

To me, it's pretty simple.  We were able to withstand the loss of Bolton because of Tranquill but still lost against the Eagles, because they are a great team and we made a lot of offensive mistakes.  Then Tranquill got a concussion early in the game against the Packers.  Our linebacker corp was much worse almost immediately.  Especially with Tranquill out, who is great in coverage, Jordan Love had just enough time to hit the short and intermediate routes.  Hopefully, Tranquill will be back for the next game, and Bolton is already practicing but may be another couple of weeks away.  There is no mystery why the defense has been not as good the last two games.  We haven't been playing crappy teams the last two games, either. At least one of them will be in the playoffs and possibly even Green Bay.

Agree.  The Chiefs were down to their third string MLB and lost a starting S later on.  Doesn't take much to turn a top ten defense into an average one.  

On 12/4/2023 at 1:56 PM, moons314 said:

Didn’t even seem like Moore tried to battle him to prevent the INT. 

23 hours ago, dhitter said:

Jones is taking too many plays off. 

11 hours ago, mex said:

Didn’t even seem like Moore tried to battle him to prevent the INT. 

He was so out of position because he didn't run the right route that there wasn't much he could do.  I don't even know what was going on there, it was supposed to be a slot fade, it was thrown as a slot fade, and he hesitated not once but twice.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

He was so out of position because he didn't run the right route that there wasn't much he could do.  I don't even know what was going on there, it was supposed to be a slot fade, it was thrown as a slot fade, and he hesitated not once but twice.  

I don't know what he was supposed to run... I'll leave that to the experts who must have been in the huddle. He was right there... had he seen the ball he could have at least tried to disrupt the interception. He had no clue.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, mex said:

I don't know what he was supposed to run... I'll leave that to the experts who must have been in the huddle. He was right there... had he seen the ball he could have at least tried to disrupt the interception. He had no clue.

Yes Skyy was busy making the correct adjustment to the route.  There are rules to even post snap adjustments.  The biggest clue that it was Mahomes fault though was when Mahomes said he should have thrown the back shoulder.  He wasn't covering for Skyy, he was being honest.

Lots to criticize Skyy for.  This ain't it.