Beating the Fins

Im nervous as hell about this game. If the offense would've played well against Denver, I probably wouldn't be so nervous. 

Do you guys think we can keep up? Buffalo and Philly did. Is our defense just as good as theirs?? How did they slow down Hill??

Can our offense put up at least 27 points? They will have Ramsey back and I'm sure he'll spend his day on Kelce. 

What say you guys? Are you confident that we'll get the dub?

Someone HELP ME!!

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Chances of a win are probably about 50-50.  I think the Chiefs will be better because of the loss to Denver.  That should have been a wake up call. 

pretty much what JET said and I'm hoping it was a wake up call.

Phins are solid but their best win was opening weekend against the chargers   The 2 best teams they faced since they lost by double digits.   Both Philly and Buf got to Tua sacking him 4 a piece   If our Dline can do that then I like our odds at winning.  

i seen a quote from Chris Simms that he thought KC looked bored last week.  Kinda agree with that   No emotion at all.  Right now it just feels like KC is a bit of underdog in this one which I hope they feel that way cause they play better especially Pat with a chip on their shoulder 

Don't know how to feel about this game.  One one hand we could continue with the lackluster play and this game could get out of hand.  On the other hand we could do to the Phins what we did to the 49ers last year.   This team is an enigma at times.  We play down to our opponent and then look like a completely different team vs the elite teams we play.   

Should be a great litmus test for us.   Winning last week would have keep things close even with a loss. A loss here with the Phins easy schedule down the stretch could mean we miss out on the bye and #1 seed.   Can't wait for Sunday!

28 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Phins are solid but their best win was opening weekend against the chargers   The 2 best teams they faced since they lost by double digits.   Both Philly and Buf got to Tua sacking him 4 a piece   If our Dline can do that then I like our odds at winning.  

i seen a quote from Chris Simms that he thought KC looked bored last week.  Kinda agree with that   No emotion at all.  Right now it just feels like KC is a bit of underdog in this one which I hope they feel that way cause they play better especially Pat with a chip on their shoulder 

Their LT might be back for this game. The center is dealing with a groin issue and the RG is out. They better get some sacks.

In 1971 my best friend was a Dolphins fan. I’ll never forget the Christmas game. He was gracious about it, but it still sucked. 

All these years later, we’re still friends. He’s been good naturedly smack talking leading up to the game. I’ve returned in kind. 

Yet another reason I really want the Chiefs to win this game. 

Yah , I’m nervous as heck also. 
I have always felt good about the next game after a loss but not so much this this year. It’s the offense as we all know. 
I hope Reid was embarrassed about last weeks performance and dials up the plays that we need to win. 
Need a win before bye week. If we don’t, it’s gonna be a long couple weeks on this message board. Lol. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chances of a win are probably about 50-50.  I think the Chiefs will be better because of the loss to Denver.  That should have been a wake up call. 

I say the same.  50-50 without Gay and Bolton.  If we want to win, we have to 1) Use the run game, close to 50-50, 2) Don't drop the ball, 3) Don't lose the ball, 4) Limit penalties (especially don't hold and don't interfere with Hill, 4) Tackle hard and securely, 5)  Rush Tua until he is weary and tentative.  If we do 4 out of 5 of those, we win a close game.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:17 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

Mahomes simply MUST use the run to set up the pass and use some designed QB runs in two or three short yardage situations.

I dunno, I think he should actually start seeing his open receivers. I don't know wtf his problem is this year but he's completely missing some easy throws for big gains. I don't know if he's zeroing in on specific targets or routes, but it's been just as much a problem for the offense as the WRs have been at times.  

17 minutes ago, kccrow said:

I dunno, I think he should actually start seeing his open receivers. I don't know wtf his problem is this year but he's completely missing some easy throws for big gains. I don't know if he's zeroing in on specific targets or routes, but it's been just as much a problem for the offense as the WRs have been at times.  

WINNER! This^^^ along with reids now antiquated play calling..

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Reid's play calling wouldn't be such a deal if he would only run it on third/fourth and one.  They could have lost to MIA just because they refused to make a yard with 2:00+ left in the game.  

3rd and one shouldn’t be so much drama. I honestly prefer 3rd and 8 or 3rd and 10.

5 hours ago, kccrow said:

Probably a combination of things.  I wonder about 1) his protection from D. Smith, 2) His concentration ? too many commercials, kids at home, 3) His eyes - does he need contacts? 4) Absence of Bienemy? 5) Too many WR's to try to give reps under the new offensive theory or their abilities.

Yes, I think he zeros in on Kelce too much or on someone he things needs their share of targets and is not looking at the whole field.  I think he is not using the running game enough to set up the pass (he's got the blockers).

The elephant in the room that nobody talks about....the absence of Bienemy.  I think the combination of Bienemy's fire and play calling and aggressiveness not being there might be something he was never given enough credit for.  Everybody assumed that Andy was doing all the play calling.  I don't think so.  Why the crazy finesse plays on third and 1 or 2.  It's nuts.  All they have to do is give the ball to Pacheco or any RB behind that line and throw in three blocking TE's when that is needed.  Stop being cute and be hard nosed and force it down their throats. This, to me, is the most irritating and concerning thing about the entire situation.  We should run those plays, even if we are on our own 30, Cast your fate to the wind and run the fucking thing straight at 'em.  It would give the entire offense an attitude.

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Probably a combination of things.  I wonder about 1) his protection from D. Smith, 2) His concentration ? too many commercials, kids at home, 3) His eyes - does he need contacts? 4) Absence of Bienemy? 5) Too many WR's to try to give reps under the new offensive theory or their abilities.

Yes, I think he zeros in on Kelce too much or on someone he things needs their share of targets and is not looking at the whole field.  I think he is not using the running game enough to set up the pass (he's got the blockers).

The elephant in the room that nobody talks about....the absence of Bienemy.  I think the combination of Bienemy's fire and play calling and aggressiveness not being there might be something he was never given enough credit for.  Everybody assumed that Andy was doing all the play calling.  I don't think so.  Why the crazy finesse plays on third and 1 or 2.  It's nuts.  All they have to do is give the ball to Pacheco or any RB behind that line and throw in three blocking TE's when that is needed.  Stop being cute and be hard nosed and force it down their throats. This, to me, is the most irritating and concerning thing about the entire situation.  We should run those plays, even if we are on our own 30, Cast your fate to the wind and run the fucking thing straight at 'em.  It would give the entire offense an attitude.

I think there is something to this. It's been mentioned, but I'm not sure anyone believes it's that big a deal. If they win it all, it will be a moot point, if they don't there will be questions.

37 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Not sure it's Bienemy.  Do you think he would keep Andy from calling cute plays or not running on short yardage?  Where EB might make the difference is in kicking tails and taking names.  That doesn't seem to be Nagy's style and maybe a team that has had the Chiefs' success has become overconfident.  Let's hope Andy uses the off week to review what went wrong and what needs to be adjusted.  Maybe he'll see Toney needs more than one target or that Rice shouldn't be overlooked for the ls 2/3 of the game after making a great play.  Maybe he'll see that having MVS and Watson as primary receiver at the same time is useless duplication.  Maybe!

Just now, jetlord said:

Not sure it's Bienemy.  Do you think he would keep Andy from calling cute plays or not running on short yardage?  Where EB might make the difference is in kicking tails and taking names.  That doesn't seem to be Nagy's style and maybe a team that has had the Chiefs' success has become overconfident.  Let's hope Andy uses the off week to review what went wrong and what needs to be adjusted.  Maybe he'll see Toney needs more than one target or that Rice shouldn't be overlooked for the ls 2/3 of the game after making a great play.  Maybe he'll see that having MVS and Watson as primary receiver at the same time is useless duplication.  Maybe!

EB would hold the entire offense accountable.  He had no problem getting in players faces when they didn't perform. Including Mr. Pat Mahomes.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

EB would hold the entire offense accountable.  He had no problem getting in players faces when they didn't perform. Including Mr. Pat Mahomes.

He was full of fire and gave the whole offense that attitude.  Nagy just acts too cool and cerebral on the sidelines.  The OC needs to convey the attitude of kicking ass and taking names. Nagy is like having Joe Cool out there instead of Conan the Barbarian.  We are missing Bienemy IMO.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

When Toney or Rice get the ball,  they are dazzling.  We need more "dazzling" and less "thoughtfulness" on offense.