Bills bengals

5 hours ago, artsy said:

Yup. I would love to have their OC. He forces defenses to respect the run no matter what.

Isn’t their coach like Reid and is the one calling the plays? I always see that playcard in front of him.

On the bengals, they seem to match up better against the Bills than the Chiefs do. If the Chiefs could just get the offense going, and the defense stays like it is, I like their chances against either team. I’m not sure that’s going to happen however. 

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

If we face them we're gonna have to learn to stop the run better......much better.

Agreed, having Bolton back will help a lot. The run defense is the only thing the Chiefs are bad at. Every other stat they're right there with the other top defensive teams. The one shining spot is they have faced stronger offensive teams compared to the other teams. Having said that, they still have to face the Bills, Eagles, and the abominable Bengals.

4 hours ago, qnet said:

Agreed, having Bolton back will help a lot. The run defense is the only thing the Chiefs are bad at. Every other stat they're right there with the other top defensive teams. The one shining spot is they have faced stronger offensive teams compared to the other teams. Having said that, they still have to face the Bills, Eagles, and the abominable Bengals.

I disagree. The chiefs focus on stopping the pass and the big plays. They let the run slide.. when the chiefs want to stop the run; they can.. 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

I disagree. The chiefs focus on stopping the pass and the big plays. They let the run slide.. when the chiefs want to stop the run; they can.. 

I think the #1 issue on defense has been the lack of versatility. We have decent players against the run and decent players against the pass as long as they focus on a single thing. However we miss a LB like Bolton who is great against both which will be a huge plus in first and possibly second downs. 

17 hours ago, xen said:

Last 3 games the leading rusher/total rushing yards for Cinci:

38/46

87/134

37/54

Respect!

They ain't winning cause of their run game.

Look how many attempts tho..I didn't say the running game was good, I said you have to respect it. Lots of attempts. Keeps the LBs honest and prevents them from immediately dropping back and clogging up passing zones. 

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Look how many attempts tho..I didn't say the running game was good, I said you have to respect it. Lots of attempts. Keeps the LBs honest and prevents them from immediately dropping back and clogging up passing zones. 

Yep and that is our problem. No one respects our run game because they know all we do is pass. We need Mahomes under Center and a RB in the back field. Run it and play action to open up passing lanes. 
this will only work if Reid sticks with the run which we all know is a crap shoot. 
I believe it was last year or two years ago we played Buffalo in Buffalo and we ran the ball down their throats. It changed the way teams approached us defensively. 

19 hours ago, artsy said:

The first number is the leading rushers total yards in the game.

Cinci is last in the NFL in rushing attempts.