Offensive line struggles

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

There’s a great article on arrowhead pride about the o line struggles. Very good read and explanations. 

I read it earlier...I knew something seemed weird with the oline, especially the run blocking. That article detailed the issues pretty clearly. Good read.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/11/7/23949452/why-chiefs-offensive-line-has-been-struggling

9 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Meh, it’s a multitude of things

Yeah this is correct.  Seth is right if they can get the issue with stunts and dline games fixed the Oline will look much better.   Not an uncommon issue for oline in the first year playing together.

Mahomes and the receivers dunno.  I do know Andy historically uses the bye for self scout and adjustments and has been very good at figuring stuff out so hopefully they do it again.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Yeah this is correct.  Seth is right if they can get the issue with stunts and dline games fixed the Oline will look much better.   Not an uncommon issue for oline in the first year playing together.

Mahomes and the receivers dunno.  I do know Andy historically uses the bye for self scout and adjustments and has been very good at figuring stuff out so hopefully they do it again.

First and foremost, stop the merry go round at wr. Rolling 8 guys in and out is bound to fuck timing up.. 

18 minutes ago, Calichief said:

First and foremost, stop the merry go round at wr. Rolling 8 guys in and out is bound to fuck timing up.. 

Agree.  Maybe go with Rice, Watson, and rotate MVS, Toney, and Moore.  But I still think the best solution is to use Rice more, use Moore on slants, use Toney in the area cleared out by Kelce, and use MVS as a deep threat/decoy.  Next season without MVS could actually be an improvement, but the Chiefs have to go with what they have this year and their still in contention for a playoff run.  

Just now, jetlord said:

Agree.  Maybe go with Rice, Watson, and rotate MVS, Toney, and Moore.  But I still think the best solution is to use Rice more, use Moore on slants, use Toney in the area cleared out by Kelce, and use MVS as a deep threat/decoy.  Next season without MVS could actually be an improvement, but the Chiefs have to go with what they have this year and their still in contention for a playoff run.  

I would get Toney back in there. He is the one guy who can separate. They gave up too fast. 

we have to draft wr like we did defense. Keep trying to strike gold. 2024 I’d take 3 wr and 2 te and see what happens 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

I would get Toney back in there. He is the one guy who can separate. They gave up too fast. 

we have to draft wr like we did defense. Keep trying to strike gold. 2024 I’d take 3 wr and 2 te and see what happens 

They're probably keeping Toney on a snap count until they're sure he's 100%.  We'll see more of him in the second half.

LT, WR, TE would be my priorities and in that order depending on BPA in those areas.  Just hope that they don't draft another Johnny Baldwin.  

Just now, jetlord said:

They're probably keeping Toney on a snap count until they're sure he's 100%.  We'll see more of him in the second half.

LT, WR, TE would be my priorities and in that order depending on BPA in those areas.  Just hope that they don't draft another Johnny Baldwin.  

They have to go for speed but be smart about it. Not like the raiders used to do. 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I agree. When Toney does get the ball, he dazzles a little, kind of like Rice.  We know Mahomes and Reid love to use him in situations, and he really befuddled opposing secondaries late last season and in the playoffs.  I have a suspicion that they are kind of hiding him and protecting his health and will start to unleash him slowly on unsuspecting teams late in the season and in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

True but if Reid can’t fix o line it don’t matter what receivers etc we got. 

As long as they protect Mahomes. We throw 70% of the time any ways. Would love to be able to run more but until we get that good LT for it....

I think having better wr's and better play calling would go a long way towards making the O better statistically.   Also learning to play with Mahomes takes the better part of a year to figure out.   If the play calling can get better then I think our O could do enough to win another SB with this D.   Then the front office would have some tough decisions to make.  Keep Chris and keep building through the draft on O and hitting the 2nd and 3rd wave for wr reclamation projects.  Or let CJ walk and a top tier wr in FA and then use the draft to get your LT, DT, and TE.   I'm sure FA value will dictate a lot of this but banking another year of Mahomes prime on a rookie seems negligent at best.