Who would you rather have?

Orlando Brown Jr on his current deal or Jawaan Taylor on his current deal?

Genuinely curious who some of you would rather have.  Browns numbers are down and I believe Thuney and Mahomes got him paid more than he was worth. Jawaan hasn’t lit the world on fire either though.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Orlando Brown Jr on his current deal or Jawaan Taylor on his current deal?

Genuinely curious who some of you would rather have.  Browns numbers are down and I believe Thuney and Mahomes got him paid more than he was worth. Jawaan hasn’t lit the world on fire either though.  

Taylor. Because he can play left side just like Brown did too. Also Taylor is the better of the two in pressure rate. Some will point to the pff grade of pass blocking, but to me not actions of letting the guy get to the qb is a better stat. 

Brown needed help on his side, as did Wylie and those two were revolving doors. I think at the end of the day you will see Taylor as the better of the two. I don't have PFF do I would be curious to see the passing rate, run blocking, pressure and sacks allowed bwtween the two.

Taylor.  If the Chiefs fix the LT position next season, they'll be solid.  Better Taylor and Smith/new guy than Brown and Wylie.  Taylor hasn't been that bad.  He got a bad rap when the refs decided to let Collingsworth interpret the rules.  I noticed last night the OT lining up much further back than Taylor did and they didn't draw flags. 

19 hours ago, qnet said:

It seems like Taylor is better on the right than Brown was on the left. It ‘s hard to say because Brown does seem to be a better run blocker and we need that now.

We sure miss the run blocking of Brown on the left, but protection of Mahomes is #1.  That's the main job, even if tackles have to get a holding penalty in the process. Brown was pretty much a turnstile out there. Mahomes needs all the protection he can get while some chemistry develops with the WR's.  Drafting a top offensive tackle is by far the biggest need in the next draft.  Remember the luxury of always being able to count on Schwartz?

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

For sure.  For all the talk about WR or even TE, without a solid LT, the Chiefs are on thin ice.  D. Smith is a stopgap at best. 

I think we all knew that with the 1 year signing. Thing is it does give time for others to step up, develop etc before going into FA or draft. Wonder how Morris is looking? Would love to see us get the #1 seed locked up and give him 2 live action games at the end of the season to see.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think we all knew that with the 1 year signing. Thing is it does give time for others to step up, develop etc before going into FA or draft. Wonder how Morris is looking? Would love to see us get the #1 seed locked up and give him 2 live action games at the end of the season to see.

Yep.  Morris and FAU both need game speed snaps this season to see what they have.  

On 11/15/2023 at 12:19 PM, kkuenn said:

The teams that can get pressure with only four DLinemen are the ones that Mahomes struggles the most with.  The OLine's gotta step up this week, and force Philly to commit 5 in order to get pressure...which then allows more room for our WRs to actually get some separation.  If the Eagles can reliably send 4 and drop back 7 each passing down, our WRs aren't going to do much.

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't think so.  Burrow was hurt before the game. 

He was, but on the play where it finally went bad, I think he threw a td, was he hit because of Brown or that much improved line I heard all about? I mean we have seen just how they were all saying how much better they were because of signing Brown etc

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

He was, but on the play where it finally went bad, I think he threw a td, was he hit because of Brown or that much improved line I heard all about? I mean we have seen just how they were all saying how much better they were because of signing Brown etc

That was my impression, and I had heard Burrow had already injured his hand in an earlier game... it was re-injured this week and made worse.