Who would you rather have?

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We may win or we may lose tomorrow night but Andy generally has some good game plans when we play great teams.  Great litmus test for us.

We NEED to win... it's a must-win. If we lose, Balt takes first position.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Playing with the playoff machine and if we lost and then both us and balt won out we'd get it back on tiebreakers.  Unlikely to happen.

Yeah, we get the chance to tie Balt on their bye week, but being forced to win out would suck. I want that game edge. Tiebreakers notwithstanding, we'd be tied with 3 other teams... two of which we own head-to-head.  Guess I'm just spoiled... but I like that big lead going in to the final stretch.

The weather sucks. It favors a running game.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

Yeah, we get the chance to tie Balt on their bye week, but being forced to win out would suck. I want that game edge. Tiebreakers notwithstanding, we'd be tied with 3 other teams... two of which we own head-to-head.  Guess I'm just spoiled... but I like that big lead going in to the final stretch.

The weather sucks. It favors a running game.

Since we don't play them, first tiebreaker is division schedule.  They've got 2 losses in division.  Lot of games left though so who knows what will matter in the end at this point.  At least this is out of conference.  

Tiebreakers are head to head, division, common games, then conference.

There is too much missing on this team to consider a championship run.  We are good enough to be in the tournament, but this team is never going to the Super Bowl.  Let's just enjoy them, have a good draft and use our young nucleus to be dominant for another run hopefully starting next year.  Also, I think it is time for the Chiefs to back off from being the team of TV commercials and pop stars and podcasts and just try to be the team of playing the best football possible.  Even Kelce is suffering from drops and fumbles.  I have to think it is just too much distraction from the sport itself.  The mass media is undermining the organization.

On 11/21/2023 at 12:12 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

There is too much missing on this team to consider a championship run.  We are good enough to be in the tournament, but this team is never going to the Super Bowl.  Let's just enjoy them, have a good draft and use our young nucleus to be dominant for another run hopefully starting next year.  Also, I think it is time for the Chiefs to back off from being the team of TV commercials and pop stars and podcasts and just try to be the team of playing the best football possible.  Even Kelce is suffering from drops and fumbles.  I have to think it is just too much distraction from the sport itself.  The mass media is undermining the organization.

The Chiefs have enough to win.  Look at what's beaten them so far.  Dropped passes, several of which would have led to the winning FG if completed.  Five turnovers in Denver.  Stupid penalties, bad calls, fumble by Kelce, three drops by Watson, and still would have won if MVS could have caught a perfect pass in the end zone.  It's not what the Chiefs have.  It's careless and stupid mistakes. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs have enough to win.  Look at what's beaten them so far.  Dropped passes, several of which would have led to the winning FG if completed.  Five turnovers in Denver.  Stupid penalties, bad calls, fumble by Kelce, three drops by Watson, and still would have won if MVS could have caught a perfect pass in the end zone.  It's not what the Chiefs have.  It's careless and stupid mistakes. 

Respectfully disagree.  When it keeps happening with otherwise very good and accurate passes, the wide receivers are just plain problematic.  In a huge game like Philly, good receivers would have caught those balls. We can't keep making escuses.  That is the reason we cannot get through the playoffs this season.  If, by some strange circumstance we do, winning the Super Bowl would take even stranger circumstances.  Balls are being punched out of receivers' hands, great passes are being dropped, and it hasn't changed all season.  Any of those dropped passes or fumbles made the winning margin for the Eagles. Even Kelce seems a little distracted. Bienemy would have been throwing a tirade, while Nagy is just Joe Cool out there.  I'm not cool with that.

10 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Respectfully disagree.  When it keeps happening with otherwise very good and accurate passes, the wide receivers are just plain problematic.  In a huge game like Philly, good receivers would have caught those balls. We can't keep making escuses.  That is the reason we cannot get through the playoffs this season.  If, by some strange circumstance we do, winning the Super Bowl would take even stranger circumstances.  Balls are being punched out of receivers' hands, great passes are being dropped, and it hasn't changed all season.  Any of those dropped passes or fumbles made the winning margin for the Eagles. Even Kelce seems a little distracted. Bienemy would have been throwing a tirade, while Nagy is just Joe Cool out there.  I'm not cool with that.

That's my point.  It isn't just the lack of receiver talent.  Kelce, who is the best ever at his position, fumbled, dropped a pass, and got a holding penalty in just this one game.  Mahomes got passes dropped, but also made some very poor ones.  We can hardly question the talent of those two.  It seem like a perfect storm of everyone stumbling at the same time and Andy failing to use the best skills of his new players this year.  I don't get the love affair with Watson.  He has the physique, but he's not consistent.. Why doesn't Rice get more targets?  Why isn't Moore used on crossers and slants more?  Why doesn't Toney go deeper once in a while?  At least they did run Pacheko up the middle on short yardage once.  So Mahomes makes a great pass and MVS muffs the win.  But how many times did we see Mahomes make poor passes with receivers open?  It's not just talent.  It's taking advantage of it.  

Eliminate the penalties and catch the ball and we are unbeatable with this defense. 

BTW, the deep pass that MVS dropped might have been the most beautiful pass of Pat’s career.  And the final drop by JWat was an absolute rope.  It is still Pat at the top and every other QB several rungs down the ladder.

39 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I will agree about EB.   I think he held  guys accountable in a way that nobody else does.  I will also agree about Kelce except I don’t think it’s distraction as much as age is catching up to him.  

i don’t think it would be that strange to see them in there nor even win it.  Who else in AFC?  Possibly the Ravens but till I see Jackson perform in playoffs I ain’t buying them especially going against this D.    He hasn’t done well there.  Cincy is cooked without Burrow and the Bills have their own issues and might not even make it.  We’ve beaten the Phins and Jags with the offense playing like this.   Philly is the best team in football right now and led most of the way in that. Nobody else in the AFC is as good as them so I see no reason they can’t get back there.  Winning different story.  Offense is an issue though 

22 minutes ago, DieHard said:

The best team in November is not always the best team in January. We have time to figure it out. The WR room looks bad now,  it we will see. Never count us out.

Lol especially since we are doing this badly and yet still in every game to win it. A couple issues fixed might just put us over the top.

On 11/23/2023 at 4:53 PM, jetlord said:

Or MVS, a perfect throw for a TD that would have won the game.  Or Kelce, plus a fumble and holding penalty.  There's plenty of blame for everyone to share. 

In the second half of the last several games, there is so much blame that I can't keep track of it all.  We all seem to want to attribute these "if only's" to the last game, but it has been going on really all season.  How many points have we scored in the second half of the last four games?  We have been very, very consistent in fumbling, dropping passes, and getting penalized.  At some point we are going to have to admit that we have a poor offense this season.  After all, what does "poor" mean?

Your post reminds me of the old expression, "If the dog hadn't stopped to piss, he'd have caught the rabbit."  Well, our dog has been consistently pissing.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Your post reminds me of the old expression, "If the dog hadn't stopped to piss, he'd have caught the rabbit."  Well, our dog has been consistently pissing.

No, there's always an excuse for losing a specific game.  My point was that it not just the poor play of the WRs that cost the Chiefs three games this season.  It's also a meltdown of players who have a history of success.

Just now, jetlord said:

No, there's always an excuse for losing a specific game.  My point was that it not just the poor play of the WRs that cost the Chiefs three games this season.  It's also a meltdown of players who have a history of success.

Agree to some extent.  With Kelce, he has been bracketed all season...and he is aging by his own admission.  But the other problems are poor play by the offensive tackles, the strategy of using a bazillion WR's as tryout candidates preventing any chemistry or predictability to develop between them and Mahomes, an offensive coordinator  with only a strategic brain but no fire or emotion, and a head coach who is beloved but possibly thinking more of retirement than championships at this point. We are quickly becoming "the the great defensive team with a mediocre or worse offense" that we have seen in the past.  Some of those teams made it to the playoffs, but virtually none even got to a Super Bowl, let alone won one.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

With a top five defense and Mahomes at QB, there's a chance in any game.  I really think the offense is out of sync, but not hopeless. 

We're still the best team in the AFC... and I'm not sure the Monday night game proves the NFC or Philly are better. With all the mistakes we made, including our MVP quarterback, they barely beat us. 

2 minutes ago, mex said:

We're still the best team in the AFC... and I'm not sure the Monday night game proves the NFC or Philly are better. With all the mistakes we made, including our MVP quarterback, they barely beat us. 

I do not think that the Philly beat the Chiefs.  I did not get to see the game, but from all the reading,  The Chiefs beat themselves!

5 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I do not think that the Philly beat the Chiefs.  I did not get to see the game, but from all the reading,  The Chiefs beat themselves!

Funny, I saw some green uniforms out there, and some of the players wearing them were pretty good. AND they were playing in our stadium :sarcasm icon:

Can I vote neither?

Brown was atrocious but I'm finding Taylor to be nearly as bad. Taylor's penalties are nearly as bad as giving up sacks. He kills at least one drive per game on his own. 

I guess, if you have to pick a poison you'd rather Pat's RT be shit than his LT. 

28 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Can I vote neither?

Brown was atrocious but I'm finding Taylor to be nearly as bad. Taylor's penalties are nearly as bad as giving up sacks. He kills at least one drive per game on his own. 

I guess, if you have to pick a poison you'd rather Pat's RT be shit than his LT. 

Our OL is FINE. Long as they stay healthy.

We're (along with Buff) BY FAR the least sacked team in the NFL. The Steelers are in the top 30% of teams in this category, and they have allowed almost twice the sacks as the Chiefs with 71 fewer drop-backs.

I mean, what will it take to make you guys happy?

I'd much rather have a 10 yard holding call, than a 9 yard sack with Patrick limping to the sideline. Screenshot (71).png