Monday night

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I mean how many times did Mahomes get sacked?  The penalties were the major problem.  Don't get me wrong the tackles aren't great but that D is nasty good on the Dline and we did an overall great job.  

I don’t think the O line is all that bad.  Mahomes does have time to throw, more than most, but he doesn’t have anyone to throw to.  The penalties suck, but I think the refs are focusing on them, and isn’t the players fault.  Just as many holds on other teams that don’t get called, but will on the chiefs.  Doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I mean how many times did Mahomes get sacked?  The penalties were the major problem.  Don't get me wrong the tackles aren't great but that D is nasty good on the Dline and we did an overall great job.  

They called some bs holds on us tonight too. One I remember is Smith being called and even Aikman did not see it. 

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree. Mahomes is the least sacked QB in the league. The penalties, turnovers and bad WR group are stunting the offense.

The offensive line is fine if the tackles stop getting so many penalties. Smith is slow / lazy with his legs and feet and stands upright a lot which makes him grabby. Taylor needs to just play the snap correctly and stop trying to be nostradameus.

The WRs totally blow. Watson gets targets because he gets open, but his hands are ready for the XFL not NFL. MVS and Moore are bad at everything. Rice will be a great slot WR. Toney and Hardman are the same gadget guy when there should be one or none of those, but Toney has a higher ceiling.

The offseason needs to be KC getting two higher profile free agent WRs, a WR early in draft and late in the draft, and a TE that can be a pass catcher. I suspect they hoped Fortson would be that guy, but he is never healthy. Keep Toney as a returner and gadget player.

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Anyone else wonder where the screen game is? Rb passes?

Reids play calling this year has been unimaginative, but the bigger issue is one you've been talking about for weeks. This WR room just isn't very good. 

That Chris Jones money may be better spent on a Higgins or Pittman. This team not only needs a matchup proof stud at WR, they need a #2 WR as well.

I like Rice a lot and Watson is great value, but the fact that Mahomes looks to Watson as much as he does in big moments tells the whole story. This group sucks. 

Overall though, we are still a handful and we will still make a deep run. 

1 hour ago, Docbarnabee said:

Inexperienced Wide Receiver Coach that is not seasoned enough to hold his guys accountable .  Also not coaching the position he played.  They need some coaching help.  These guys should be getting better and they are not. 

Think about it. Chiefs have exactly the same offense as last year with 2 exceptions. Two new OTs and Juju is gone. Last year we were the top offense in the NFL. This year it's so much worse. The tackles aren't elite but Mahomes isn't getting sacked a lot and there are tons of examples of him going through his reads and not finding anyone. I don't think the tackles are the problem. Rashee Rice is in and is the team's top receiver as a rookie. He isn't going to replicate Juju's production but it won't be far off. 

WRs have regressed. So I think your bringing up the receivers coach is spot on.

Agree with a lot of what is already said but regarding the wrs but would also add something that got said I think last week quit rotating them in and out as much.  At this point just go with the most productive and give them the biggest majority of the snaps.  IMO it would be Watson Rice and Toney and use Toney as a WR and let that group build some kind of chemistry with Patrick.  

I think our left tackle is a MAJOR problem.  He is lazy, mostly just stands around.  I can't count how many times I saw after initial block, he just stood there watching what happened instead of looking for something to do to help.  Of course, the receivers are trash.  How many balls went through Watsons hands?  MVS, well he just flat out sucks, and sky doesn't even know how to line up or run a go route!  It's time to start featuring Rice, make him option 1, Kelce option 2.  This will help take the defense away from Kelce if it starts working.  I would probably make Toney 3, and they are the only ones that play until we need a 4 or 5 wide set.  We need some more chemistry.  Everyone has figured out, double Kelce, Chiefs can't move the ball.

I believe our tackles and wr combo are an issue. Like others have said. It’s not all about sacks. 
On top of that, we have been playing all year with the exception of the bears game, with tendencies that kill us from scoring points. Turnovers, penalties, dropped balls and suspect play calling on first down. It’s almost like our team is not focused this year. 
I don’t what the hell they did during the bye, but it’s the same shit over and over. 
we don’t even make half time adjustments. We haven’t scored in the second half of 3 games in a row. 
something is very much off from the coaching all the way down. 

45 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

MVS blew it. Kelce had it knocked out in the red zone. Chiefs defense ran out of steam. The tackles had way too many penalties. It’s a team loss though, right? Nah. It isn’t. Mahomes put them in a position to win. They blew it. 

He also threw a costly interception in the end zone potentially cost us the game.  His ball control needs improvement suddenly. 

17 hours ago, artsy said:

Yea..those damn tackles we have are atrocious and the WR corps is trash.

The OL did not do badly... Philly has the best DL in the league. 

But I'm with you on the WRs. They suck balls. Out loud. In the open. For everyone to see.

9 hours ago, dhitter said:

Think about it. Chiefs have exactly the same offense as last year with 2 exceptions. Two new OTs and Juju is gone. Last year we were the top offense in the NFL. This year it's so much worse. The tackles aren't elite but Mahomes isn't getting sacked a lot and there are tons of examples of him going through his reads and not finding anyone. I don't think the tackles are the problem. Rashee Rice is in and is the team's top receiver as a rookie. He isn't going to replicate Juju's production but it won't be far off. 

WRs have regressed. So I think your bringing up the receivers coach is spot on.

Could it be defenses are starting to figure out how to play Andy's predictable play calling?

8 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

MVS blew it. Kelce had it knocked out in the red zone. Chiefs defense ran out of steam. The tackles had way too many penalties. It’s a team loss though, right? Nah. It isn’t. Mahomes put them in a position to win. They blew it. 

Plenty of room for blame, and yes even Mahomes. He threw a BAD red zone pick... and it was a bad throw, not a bad decision.

7 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I believe our tackles and wr combo are an issue. Like others have said. It’s not all about sacks. 
On top of that, we have been playing all year with the exception of the bears game, with tendencies that kill us from scoring points. Turnovers, penalties, dropped balls and suspect play calling on first down. It’s almost like our team is not focused this year. 
I don’t what the hell they did during the bye, but it’s the same shit over and over. 
we don’t even make half time adjustments. We haven’t scored in the second half of 3 games in a row. 
something is very much off from the coaching all the way down. 

Our tackles are fine. Our WRs suck ass and last night that ass-sucking compounded two RED ZONE turnovers. 

How many red zone turnovers did we have last year?