It’s Raider week!!!!!

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Oh, they definitely didn’t beat us. The chiefs gave that shit away. Totally outplayed them. But the pattern has been there outside the bears and chargers game. Meaning the offense

Yep. Maybe they need someone to crack some skulls a la EB...

Everyone pining to get rid of him last year might be finding out they got what they asked for.

2 hours ago, mex said:

Every player on that team knows they fucked up. My point is they're going to come out with attitude.

The drops were flukes... though it has been happening more often this year. It's not typical.

This team is way better than they played on Monday. You know it, we all know it.

It took all those mistakes for Philly (the best team in the league according to the experts) to BARELY beat us.

Flukes? They ran the wrong routes, have dropped 26 passes and I do agree, we were still in all the games. I said that before, thing is it is after a bye week and we are still doing this shit half way thru the season.

Reid needs to change 2nd half, but we know he won't as he will do what he does for play calling. Still we have overcame that issue before.

Turnovers is another big deal. Mahomes seems to be off this year in it. The team is giving it away to many times and at the worse possible time or area of the field. 2 red zones this time.  Before like a muffed punt inside our ten etc.

Then the wrong routes and drops. We are 11 weeks into the season. The players are running wrong routes and all of them have been here a year plus or more other than Rice. How is this still an issue? How is it we cannot line them up where they would work the best at as a reciever? Whether Moore in the slot or Toney on the outside etc. This should have been done a long time ago. Then the fact they are dropping easy passes. I mean it was said that all the passes were very catchable and we saw it first hand again.

This is the 3rd time in a row of not scoring in the 2nd half. One or 2 games I understand but coming off a bye week and doing it again? There is then on the he coaches and play calling too even with dropped passes and turnovers etc.  We went 1-2 in those games, it should have been 2-1 for sure.

All should be easy fixes and we should have won those games. Thing is, if so easy why are we still seeing it? Frustrating.

Faders can suck choad man. I never want a win as badly as I do during Fader week. Especially when their fans have had a little boost the past few weeks....dashing their hopes on the rocks of ineptitude by their beloved silver and black ....it just doesn't get much better than that. 

I hate most Raider fans as much as I do their shitty ass team. 

12 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Flukes? They ran the wrong routes, have dropped 26 passes and I do agree, we were still in all the games. I said that before, thing is it is after a bye week and we are still doing this shit half way thru the season.

Reid needs to change 2nd half, but we know he won't as he will do what he does for play calling. Still we have overcame that issue before.

Turnovers is another big deal. Mahomes seems to be off this year in it. The team is giving it away to many times and at the worse possible time or area of the field. 2 red zones this time.  Before like a muffed punt inside our ten etc.

Then the wrong routes and drops. We are 11 weeks into the season. The players are running wrong routes and all of them have been here a year plus or more other than Rice. How is this still an issue? How is it we cannot line them up where they would work the best at as a reciever? Whether Moore in the slot or Toney on the outside etc. This should have been done a long time ago. Then the fact they are dropping easy passes. I mean it was said that all the passes were very catchable and we saw it first hand again.

This is the 3rd time in a row of not scoring in the 2nd half. One or 2 games I understand but coming off a bye week and doing it again? There is then on the he coaches and play calling too even with dropped passes and turnovers etc.  We went 1-2 in those games, it should have been 2-1 for sure.

All should be easy fixes and we should have won those games. Thing is, if so easy why are we still seeing it? Frustrating.

TL/DR

Yeah flukes. This team will get it together and be a force in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, mex said:

TL/DR

Yeah flukes. This team will get it together and be a force in the playoffs.

Turnovers and drops are somewhat random, but this year's team has made it common.  Why has everyone been infected at once?  Not sure that EB would change things.  The players know they messed up and probably are down about it.  MVS is playing for a contract somewhere next season.  Watson is getting his chance to show he belongs on a roster.  Kelce has a long history of super success.  Yet all three contributed to losing Monday night.  Mahomes made some really good passes, but he threw some real stinkers as well.  The only question left is whether they can turn it around before the playoffs.  The Raiders would be a good place to start.  KC can afford to lose no more than one more regular season game.  It better not be this week.  Win, and they are nearly assured of winning the west.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Turnovers and drops are somewhat random, but this year's team has made it common.  Why has everyone been infected at once? 

That's the 100K question Jet, and if Andy doesn't know the answer, I'm sure he can get it right here in this Chiefs forum. :lol: 

They are random. And they'll improve. I mean, can it get worse?

Plus let's be honest... Patrick has made some terrible mistakes... proving he is human. Personally I think he's pressing because he wants to put up better numbers.  But if people are gonna start throwing around blame, he deserves a little. 

Our defense is worthy of ranking with some of the amazing Schottenheimer defenses of the '90's. Back then we had Dave Kreig or Steve Bono. We would have given ANYTHING to have this offense back then. 

58 minutes ago, mex said:

That's the 100K question Jet, and if Andy doesn't know the answer, I'm sure he can get it right here in this Chiefs forum. :lol: 

They are random. And they'll improve. I mean, can it get worse?

Plus let's be honest... Patrick has made some terrible mistakes... proving he is human. Personally I think he's pressing because he wants to put up better numbers.  But if people are gonna start throwing around blame, he deserves a little. 

Our defense is worthy of ranking with some of the amazing Schottenheimer defenses of the '90's. Back then we had Dave Kreig or Steve Bono. We would have given ANYTHING to have this offense back then. 

Trouble is ....the bar has been set so high. Hosting 5 straight AFC title games. 3 SB in the last 4 years. At some point there is going to be regression. That can happen even if the defense is better. We'll see.

But your points are valid. 

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs need to draft Franklin from Oregon. 
Dude is a beast. 6’3” monster with great hands 

sad thing is, he could start now and be better thank anyone currently on the roster 

We all get that feeling about some favorite college studs.  Problem is, the only sure things are gone by the time KC gets to pick and plenty of late first rounders turn out to be busts.  I'm confident that Veach has a plan for filling the LT, WR, and TE spots.  MVS, CEH, Bell, etc. will save a little cap space and the gorilla in the room is how do they resign Jones, Gay, and/or Sneed?  Point is, there may not be all that much room to get the top FA WR and hopefully, the first draft pick will be far down the list. 

So Hardman and McKinnon are out.  The Chiefs will miss McKinnon.  Who pass protects on third downs?  Why are they anxious to put James back in as returner?  Hasn't Toney done enough to keep that job even if Hardman returns?  On the other hand, Maxx Crosby hasn't practiced all week and is listed as doubtful.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

We all get that feeling about some favorite college studs.  Problem is, the only sure things are gone by the time KC gets to pick and plenty of late first rounders turn out to be busts.  I'm confident that Veach has a plan for filling the LT, WR, and TE spots.  MVS, CEH, Bell, etc. will save a little cap space and the gorilla in the room is how do they resign Jones, Gay, and/or Sneed?  Point is, there may not be all that much room to get the top FA WR and hopefully, the first draft pick will be far down the list. 

We need a veteran who has a track record. Whether that is a high or mid priced FA. No defense is going be scared of a rookie, until this time of year and if they had made plays. 
on top of that, I’m not sure rookies really get a lot opportunities with this coaching staff. 

The drops, penalties and "wrong routes" are killing us.

Mahomes is "pressing" to make tight throws into smaller windows and is making bad decisions. He needs ot be smarter inside the Red Zone.  Take the FG until this thing turns around.

What must happen:

1. No more penalties on the O-Line.

2. Know that every play, Kelce will be double covered.  Exploit this by using him to flood a Zone and get isolated man coverage on the other side for Rice, Sky or MVS.

3. Catch the Ball....Catch the ball.....Catch the Ball.

4. Special teams need to avoid risks....stop the damn turnovers and focus on great downfield coverage.

On 11/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, mex said:

Every player on that team knows they fucked up. My point is they're going to come out with attitude.

The drops were flukes... though it has been happening more often this year. It's not typical.

This team is way better than they played on Monday. You know it, we all know it.

It took all those mistakes for Philly (the best team in the league according to the experts) to BARELY beat us.

Flukes? They've been doing it all year...that's why they lead the league in drops.

Our defense vs. Aiden O'Connell

Their defense vs. Patrick Mahomes

You would hope we would curb stomp the shit out of their pathetic asses. Especially if Crosby can't go. But right now we look like a team struggling with mistakes and one trying to establish an identity. Now no Toney...no Hardman ...no McKinnon. What we gonna get?

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Our defense vs. Aiden O'Connell

Their defense vs. Patrick Mahomes

You would hope we would curb stomp the shit out of their pathetic asses. Especially if Crosby can't go. But right now we look like a team struggling with mistakes and one trying to establish an identity. Now no Toney...no Hardman ...no McKinnon. What we gonna get?

I don’t know and this is new territory for all of us in the Mahomes era. 
I’m hoping for a zero turnover game, and points scored in second half. 

5 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I don’t know and this is new territory for all of us in the Mahomes era. 
I’m hoping for a zero turnover game, and points scored in second half. 

Well....unfortunately we just made O'Connell look like Tom Brady on that opening drive. Although on the TD it did look like Renfrow was blocking way before the catch. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

And then what happened?

Well, the offense came to life which caused the defense to get inspired and Adams went into a second half funk.  Andy found out that the ball can be run ahead on third and short and not all passes have to go to Watson.   That pretty much summarizes the game.

5 hours ago, mex said:

Yeah flukes. It will be was fixed. 27-34, 298 yds and 2 TDs. 

Two of those 34 were throwaways and Rice dropped one.  Another low one to Rice near the line was low but might have been catchable.  After the first quarter, Mahomes was the old Mahomes but without the deep balls.  Except for one good block on the Rice TD, MVS could have taken a nap for the game.