It’s Raider week!!!!!

Ugly start and then it all started clicking.  First game in a long time Mahomes took what was there and made good decisions for the entirety of the game.  Sure there were a few drops and penalties but no TO's and the O looked efficient.   Kelce, Rice and Pacheco should be the main target hogs for the rest of the year.   Hopefully the O can build off of this and simplify things and be efficient.  If that side is efficient then we can win the SB again.   D made adjustments and then just shut the Raiders O down.  The Raiders had a lot of confidence and played tough and we got their best shot and it just wasn't good enough.   Its not perfect but it might be good enough.   

11 hours ago, xen said:

And then what happened?

Which part? The part where we could have gone down 21-0 but the Raider coach got a case of "gutless" and opted for a FG that Carlson makes 99 times out of 100 but didn't?

Oh you must mean after all that....lol.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

MVS could have taken a nap for the game.  

How much of Rice and Travis's big day is due to the fact defenses are having to cover MVS? I mean, it's not like they ignored him. He also is contributing in downfield blocking which is a bigger part of the game than most give credit. 

Well, the offense came to life which caused the defense to get inspired and Adams went into a second half funk.  Andy found out that the ball can be run ahead on third and short and not all passes have to go to Watson.   That pretty much summarizes the game.

Patrick deserves a little of the blame on that, doesn't he?

I like the fight in Watson... still think he's going to significantly contribute this year. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Which part? The part where we could have gone down 21-0 but the Raider coach got a case of "gutless" and opted for a FG that Carlson makes 99 times out of 100 but didn't?

Oh you must mean after all that....lol.

Without that we'd have only won by 1 TD instead of 2!

3 hours ago, mex said:

Patrick deserves a little of the blame on that, doesn't he?

I like the fight in Watson... still think he's going to significantly contribute this year. 

Not ragging on Watson.  He's contributed to the offense many times.  But no way should he have the percentage of targets that he got in the Philly game while Rice, Moore, and Toney got so few.  They caught what was thrown at them in that game but for some reason, Reid didn't call their numbers.  If the Chiefs had run the same TYPE of offense in the second half of that game as they did in the second half of the Raider game, they would have scored some points.  

17 hours ago, mex said:

Yeah flukes. It will be was fixed. 27-34, 298 yds and 2 TDs. 

It was fixed for a game. I want to see it consistently. They are coming down the home stretch now and that "fix" needs to stay consistent. I think if they keep that rotation they had today at WR then it will benefit them greatly. Let them get into the flow of the game and they will be ok.

3 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

It was fixed for a game. I want to see it consistently. They are coming down the home stretch now and that "fix" needs to stay consistent. I think if they keep that rotation they had today at WR then it will benefit them greatly. Let them get into the flow of the game and they will be ok.

It was telling that Rice got 10 targets and Kelce ended up with 91 yards.  That's what the Chiefs have needed all along.  About 3-5 to Moore, the same to Toney, and feed Rice a bunch.  That should take some of the focus off Kelce and make him more efficient.  Watson, Gray, and MVS can draw coverage and make the occasional play.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It was telling that Rice got 10 targets and Kelce ended up with 91 yards.  That's what the Chiefs have needed all along.  About 3-5 to Moore, the same to Toney, and feed Rice a bunch.  That should take some of the focus off Kelce and make him more efficient.  Watson, Gray, and MVS can draw coverage and make the occasional play.

You know when sky actually catches the ball, he has juice. They just have to get him the ball in space. He looks good in space.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Without that we'd have only won by 1 TD instead of 2!

Depends. If you subscribe to every event existing in a vacuum....then you are correct. If you believe that if you change one event it altars everything after that....like dominoes... then who knows? We were the better team on the field and that played out as the game progressed.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You know when sky actually catches the ball, he has juice. They just have to get him the ball in space. He looks good in space.

I think Moore has been misused.  He needs more slants and crossers with Kelce clearing the zone.  Ryan Tracy, on RGR, says Moore hasn't yet learned to make his breaks early enough.  Don't know if that's true, but it should be able to be taught if it is. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think Moore has been misused.  He needs more slants and crossers with Kelce clearing the zone.  Ryan Tracy, on RGR, says Moore hasn't yet learned to make his breaks early enough.  Don't know if that's true, but it should be able to be taught if it is. 

I mean when he gets it, he’s quick. I think there is still some potential 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Depends. If you subscribe to every event existing in a vacuum....then you are correct. If you believe that if you change one event it altars everything after that....like dominoes... then who knows? We were the better team on the field and that played out as the game progressed.

We have been down 17 to 0 before against the Raiders....still won. Last October and most of us remember the strip sack that they called roughing the passer on Chris Jones for on that play.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I mean, you're the one who started off by saying "we could have gone down 21-0" :lol: 

I agree but raiders didn’t double team kelce all game like the eagles and broncos did. 
however, with the emergence of rice, they won’t be able too and that is the goal. Other players need to step up. 
I gotta say, I don’t mind a bunch of targets going to grey. He’s got good hands and big body.