Talk about the Packers

This game gives me a bad feeling.  Chiefs should win easily, but playing late in Lambeau in the cold and dark isn't easy.  Just want the defense to stop the runs and let McDuffy and Sneed do their thing on third and long.  Don't know anything about the Pack's strength or weaknesses, but they looked good against the Lions and have had extra days to get ready.  Also, they're still in the playoff hunt.  Dangerous. 

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

This game gives me a bad feeling.  Chiefs should win easily, but playing late in Lambeau in the cold and dark isn't easy.  Just want the defense to stop the runs and let McDuffy and Sneed do their thing on third and long.  Don't know anything about the Pack's strength or weaknesses, but they looked good against the Lions and have had extra days to get ready.  Also, they're still in the playoff hunt.  Dangerous. 

I mean the donks killed us, so you never know. But the way our defense is playing, I think we come out with a close W. 

Patrick seems to be his old self again, Rice is becoming a primary target and Kelce is back. 

Packers have a respectable pass defense but they're rush defense is suspect. Look for a heavy dose of Pacheco and CEH.

Likewise they are a passing team this year with a decent air game but they are in the bottom tier of rushing attacks. 

I look for Andy to run the ball and control the clock... and our secondary to get tested early and often. 

This game will come down to the big uglies on both sides of the LOS, as per ususal.

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Packers defense has been playing really well. Both there RB are little banged up but I think they will play. Dillion is a Mack truck and jones is a home run threat. 
they have three wr that have made significant plays. Reed Doubs and Watson. 

Aaron jones ain’t playing. And they are banged up on defense 

After that Broncos game my prediction machine is closed. I’m on wait and see mode unless there’s like a five game winning streak then I’ll blindly predict a victory for the Chiefs every time. 
Chiefs got smoked there. Biggest beating since the Super Bowl loss to the Bucs 

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

After that Broncos game my prediction machine is closed. I’m on wait and see mode unless there’s like a five game winning streak then I’ll blindly predict a victory for the Chiefs every time. 
Chiefs got smoked there. Biggest beating since the Super Bowl loss to the Bucs 

All three losses for the Chiefs this season came about via self inflicted wounds.  So I'm less worried about the Packers than about how many turnovers, drops, and penalties the Chiefs make.  Play a clean game and they win by two scores.  Play a game like they did at Denver and they lose HFA for the playoffs.  So it's not about how banged up the teams are or who has a big day.  It's about playing smart.

On 12/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, jetlord said:

All three losses for the Chiefs this season came about via self inflicted wounds.  So I'm less worried about the Packers than about how many turnovers, drops, and penalties the Chiefs make.  Play a clean game and they win by two scores.  Play a game like they did at Denver and they lose HFA for the playoffs.  So it's not about how banged up the teams are or who has a big day.  It's about playing smart.

Yep. If we had the offense that we had going last year....this is an undefeated team. But we don't. The hope is they are figuring things out. They looked better last week.....the next step is to be consistent.

16 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

heard some afternoon clowns on ESPN saying that Love Made a Statement that he has arrived after last nights game.

BULLSHIT, he doesn't win that game without the officiating staff helping him out

The officiating was terrible, and it very well could have made the difference in the game.  But a championship team doesn't let the game get to the point where one or two controversial calls determines the outcome.  The Chiefs lost because GB was fired up and KC was sluggish, predictable, and took some critical injuries, plus some self-defeating play calls.  They deserved to lose.  Aside from Pacheco, I can't think of one player who had an above average game or showed a lot of fight.

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The officiating was terrible, and it very well could have made the difference in the game.  But a championship team doesn't let the game get to the point where one or two controversial calls determines the outcome.  The Chiefs lost because GB was fired up and KC was sluggish, predictable, and took some critical injuries, plus some self-defeating play calls.  They deserved to lose.  Aside from Pacheco, I can't think of one player who had an above average game or showed a lot of fight.

Chiefs were  thoroughly outplayed 

I'm just wondering how many "wake up calls" does this team need? 

To be a championship team, the first 4 drives should have been reversed. We need to score TDs while holding the opponents to FGs. Do that, and we won't have to complain about officials mucking up the last minute of the game. 

43 minutes ago, Boone said:

I'm just wondering how many "wake up calls" does this team need? 

To be a championship team, the first 4 drives should have been reversed. We need to score TDs while holding the opponents to FGs. Do that, and we won't have to complain about officials mucking up the last minute of the game. 

cant wake up a team that's not Championship caliber.. that's the catch. It aint their year. JMO all they are doing now is wasting good draft pick slots by winning

37 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

cant wake up a team that's not Championship caliber.. that's the catch. It aint their year. JMO all they are doing now is wasting good draft pick slots by winning

I don't think the team needs to wake up.  I think they need to correct mental mistakes.   They aren't elite but they are Championship caliber.  They could win the SB gthis year but their margin of error is less than previous years.   The fact that Burrows is out and the Bills are more than likely out of the playoffs and now Lawrence has high ankle sprain makes an easier path to the AFC championship game.   Time will tell but we can absolutely win the SB which in my mind makes us Championship caliber.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't think the team needs to wake up.  I think they need to correct mental mistakes.   They aren't elite but they are Championship caliber.  They could win the SB gthis year but their margin of error is less than previous years.   The fact that Burrows is out and the Bills are more than likely out of the playoffs and now Lawrence has high ankle sprain makes an easier path to the AFC championship game.   Time will tell but we can absolutely win the SB which in my mind makes us Championship caliber.

This team is capable of winning a super bowl, it just doesn't have the margin of error that previous teams did.  In years past, we could have the untimely holding penalty or something stupid, and still convert the 3rd and 25 because Mahomes was just that good at making stuff happen.  This year, that isn't the case, because receivers drop balls, run wrong routes, timing off etc.  You can see it in the way Pat plays that he doesn't trust his receivers and it's weighing down the whole offense.  We have a good running game, and the best QB in the game, and a solid defense.  If this team can clean out the stupid drive killing penalties and mistakes, it's still very capable of getting where we want it to go.  The primary difference is that this team isn't capable of the 13 seconds buffalo outcome.  

On 12/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, KC Warpaint said:

heard some afternoon clowns on ESPN saying that Love Made a Statement that he has arrived after last nights game.

BULLSHIT, he doesn't win that game without the officiating staff helping him out

There were calls that didn't go our way, but I'm tired of blaming the refs. I'll leave that to bengals, eagles and bills fans.