Chiefs vs packers game day thread.

This team is the most undisciplined team I've seen since Mahomes has been on the team.   We shoot ourselves in the foot so often and it kills drives.  We moved the ball at will until we had to and then we punted it because MVS is a clueless deep wr.   The Oline is too talented to play that poorly.  Wr's still don't know their route assignments.   Play calling is stale and old.    Tonight the D came in expecting the Packers to lay over.  Spags not blitzing Love who wilts under pressure until the 2nd half was a real head scratcher.  Ugly game and losing Tranquil more than likely for the Bills game sucks and losing Cook for the year more than likely is a huge loss.  Edwards gets picked on and isn't a good enough athlete to be our every down FS.   This team can win a SB but its far to undisciplined for that to be a real consideration.  All teams have bad games.  On to the Buffalo game!

This game comes down to a few things. 
mahomes INT with 600 min. Left in game. 
two offensive line penalties in red zone in first half. 
our D didn’t do what they have been doing, but they did get a stop and give the offense the ball with 600 min left. 
we are not a quick struck offense anymore and so we have to eliminate all mistakes. 
we are still a tough team to beat if we play turnover free football. We also will have less days off than any team we play here on out. 
We should make the playoffs and if so anything can happen. 

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Fatigue is a huge part of this. These guys have played deep every year 

This offense looks extremely stale and predictable.  How many more times are we gonna try that shuffle pass on the 2 yard like?  We are predictable and our wr's aren't good enough to get open when D's know whats coming.   Our wr's are truly atrocious.  I think Rice is talented but a majority of his plays are scripted plays.  There isn't a lot of running a route and creating separation.   When you have to scheme open every wr instead of them creating separation then its going to be a long season.  Mahomes is one of the few taletns that can carry a team on his back but its hard to do start to finish in an NFL season.   At this point, the goal is get to the playoffs and see if he has enough magic to will us to victory.   

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

This offense looks extremely stale and predictable.  How many more times are we gonna try that shuffle pass on the 2 yard like?  We are predictable and our wr's aren't good enough to get open when D's know whats coming.   Our wr's are truly atrocious.  I think Rice is talented but a majority of his plays are scripted plays.  There isn't a lot of running a route and creating separation.   When you have to scheme open every wr instead of them creating separation then its going to be a long season.  Mahomes is one of the few taletns that can carry a team on his back but its hard to do start to finish in an NFL season.   At this point, the goal is get to the playoffs and see if he has enough magic to will us to victory.   

Yep. That’s why I said we need some fresh eyes. It’s run its course. 

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

JMO but the Chiefs miss EB more than they thought they would

I agree.  His no nonsense demeanor is missing.   We are so undisciplined overall as a team which isn't necesarrily Nagy's fault but EB would have curbed some of that.   Reid and Veach have done Mahomes a disservice this year.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I think you're right. I don't know what to make of Nagy. Their offense was outstanding with hm as OC in Alex's last year, and Chicago won 12 games with him as HC his first year, then they got progressively worse.

I've pretty much wrote this season off as a reload year.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

More than I thought we would for sure.  I remember the redskins players complaining about how tough he is and thinking I’m glad he isn’t here anymore. Boy was I wrong.  This team needs that discipline. Andy is too nice and he picked coaches that are too nice.  Nagy and WR coach need to be fired and tougher OC needs to be installed. No way Nagy can be allowed to run this team when big red retires.  No way. With all that being said these players need to man up and discipline themselves. They aren’t children.  They need to play the game with discipline and heart.  I really only see that from Pat he can’t carry this team forever. 

This team lacks talent offensively. That’s the truth. Say what you want about EB or Nagy. And don’t forget, Andy calls the plays. He always has.

The skill positions are very slow besides Pacheco. This team is a long way from DAT, Hill, Watkins, Robinson, etc… 

There are simply no play makers or game breakers. It has condensed the field, made it predictable, and made the other team only have to defend one guy. And that guy has lost a step as well. 

This team is going to need an overhaul on that side of the ball. 

stop complaining about the tackles, Pat has more time to throw than he ever has. 

When the Chiefs had the ball first down at the Packers' four on their first drive, I turned to Mrs. Jetlord and said that if Reid didn't run it in, they would lose because of it.  That's exactly what happened.  Pacheco was running well and they had three plays to make four yards before kicking a FG.  Instead, Reid gets cute and they go backwards.  Next drive?  Same result only with a penalty thrown in for good measure.  I'll give Reid all the credit for being a great offensive coach, but he can be so frustrating and it's costing games.  

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

When the Chiefs had the ball first down at the Packers' four on their first drive, I turned to Mrs. Jetlord and said that if Reid didn't run it in, they would lose because of it.  That's exactly what happened.  Pacheco was running well and they had three plays to make four yards before kicking a FG.  Instead, Reid gets cute and they go backwards.  Next drive?  Same result only with a penalty thrown in for good measure.  I'll give Reid all the credit for being a great offensive coach, but he can be so frustrating and it's costing games.  

It’s so predictable right now. It’s condensed. They can’t open it up. They are stuck

19 hours ago, Calichief said:

This team lacks talent offensively. That’s the truth. Say what you want about EB or Nagy. And don’t forget, Andy calls the plays. He always has.

The skill positions are very slow besides Pacheco. This team is a long way from DAT, Hill, Watkins, Robinson, etc… 

There are simply no play makers or game breakers. It has condensed the field, made it predictable, and made the other team only have to defend one guy. And that guy has lost a step as well. 

This team is going to need an overhaul on that side of the ball. 

stop complaining about the tackles, Pat has more time to throw than he ever has. 

I miss the legion of zoom.