Jon Baldwin waived by the 49ers.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro Bowls don't mean shit- All-Pro carries more weight with me.

Amen my friend.  By and large fans don't have a clue and should have no input.  Plus Pro-Bowl election includes playing a game most guys don't want to play.  Some refer to Al as a PB'r yet he wasn't voted in, and had no business being there, except for the teams' record, which he was a merely a slight contributor.

Amen my friend. By and large fans don't have a clue and should have no input. Plus Pro-Bowl election includes playing a game most guys don't want to play. Some refer to Al as a PB'r yet he wasn't voted in, and had no business being there, except for the teams' record, which he was a merely a slight contributor.

But he threw the game winning TD in the Pro-Bowl!!!

Just kidding. I mean, he did* but who cares about the game itself.

* Threw the pass that scored the points to put them within one - 2pt conversion run won it.

But he threw the game winning TD in the Pro-Bowl!!!

Just kidding. I mean, he did* but who cares about the game itself.

* Threw the pass that scored the points to put them within one - 2pt conversion run won it.

Did u see it happen?  I didn't.  Why?  Because the Pro Bowl is the worst All-Star game in all of pro sports and should be eliminated.  Just have an Awards show in Hawaii already.  Geez, talk about garbage!  The NFL Pro-Bowl is pure rubbish!

Did u see it happen? I didn't. Why? Because the Pro Bowl is the worst All-Star game in all of pro sports and should be eliminated. Just have an Awards show in Hawaii already. Geez, talk about garbage! The NFL Pro-Bowl is pure rubbish!

I turned it on a few hours after it started, yes because Alex was playing. I agree it's the worst All-Star game (though I never watch MLB or NHL All Star games).

Pro Bowls don't mean shit- All-Pro carries more weight with me.

2004-Pick ...how many pro bowls did he make?

2005- DJ finally came around after multiple years of underperformance. alot of teams would not have had patience

2006- Hali- premium pass rusher +1

2007- DBowe- the enigma- good WR with 10 cent head...as a 1st rd, he is teetering on bust

2008- Albert- good player. Worthy of 1st rd pick +1

2009- TJack- 3rd pick overall not re-signed after rookie contract? BUST

2010- Berry- has flashed but in retrospect is he really a game changer (al Ed Reed) worthy of #5 overall? I give it a meh

2011- Baldwin- BUST

2012- Poe- has shown much to me...

2013- Fisher- not enough body of work to judge although Im not sure he was worth #1

Point is I would say KC is probably on par with every other NFL team and their first round picks.  50% give or take 1 or 2 up or down.

I think AJ may soon join Baldwin...

he looks like nothing special and can't play special teams.

He did block a punt partially yesterday, but yeah, hasn't shown much. I wish he had caught the pass on the free play (false start on defense).

Too bad.  He had all the physical skills and none of the fire in his heart.  Pioli did not do his homework.  He was dazzled by the stats and forgot about the child inside.  I'd rather have a team of nobodies who want to win and are willing to work.  And as bad as we looked on Thursday, I still think we have a whole lot of young guys like that.  When they finally learn the game, they will ambush teams and make the oddsmakers look stupid.

Too bad.  He had all the physical skills and none of the fire in his heart.  Pioli did not do his homework.  He was dazzled by the stats and forgot about the child inside.  I'd rather have a team of nobodies who want to win and are willing to work.  And as bad as we looked on Thursday, I still think we have a whole lot of young guys like that.  When they finally learn the game, they will ambush teams and make the oddsmakers look stupid.

I'd like to pat you on the back and ask you to keep telling yourself that, but come on Bil... haha Talent wins in the NFL.

I'd like to pat you on the back and ask you to keep telling yourself that, but come on Bil... haha Talent wins in the NFL.

Maybe I didn't post what I meant clearly.  What I was trying to say is that talent wins, but only if accompanied by motivation, by fire.  Baldwin had plenty of talent, but no motivation, no fire.  Both are needed.  To say that only talent wins in the NFL is to make the mistake like Pioli did and draft Jon Baldwin.  Again, give me a bunch of guys with moderate talent but who are smart, workaholics, and have a burning desire to succeed and good teaching.  I take them any day over a bunch of supremely talented guys who don't give a shit.  I think we have about 20 young guys in that category...and I'm glad.  We have some superb experienced guys like that, too, which is even better.  I'm pretty sure, if stated that way, that you would agree, but maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe I didn't post what I meant clearly.  What I was trying to say is that talent wins, but only if accompanied by motivation, by fire.  Baldwin had plenty of talent, but no motivation, no fire.  Both are needed.  To say that only talent wins in the NFL is to make the mistake like Pioli did and draft Jon Baldwin.  Again, give me a bunch of guys with moderate talent but who are smart, workaholics, and have a burning desire to succeed and good teaching.  I take them any day over a bunch of supremely talented guys who don't give a shit.  I think we have about 20 young guys in that category...and I'm glad.  We have some superb experienced guys like that, too, which is even better.  I'm pretty sure, if stated that way, that you would agree, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'd agree with that. Of course, with Jon Baldwin I didn't see NFL talent. Same way I feel about Dee Ford, unfortunately.

Eric Fisher is exactly as billed the second he was drafted -- a project with upside.  He may turn out to be a B grade LT or even better, but its going to take time.

You don't draft projects with R1.01, even in a crappy draft class, because the cost of failure is devastating.  Big gamble by Dorsey.  Let's hope it pays off one day.

I hated the Fisher pick.  That was probably the most talent poor draft that we have seen in years.  Richardson or Lotulelei would have been the ideal #1 overall out of that talent pool.

Fisher is definitely a project.  Agree. 

Dee Ford was a horrible pick.  I will keep hoping that Dorsey/Reid turn the team around for the long haul.  But, I really question their ability to construct a draft board.

Agree with Mongo on the Fisher Pick...its going to take us some time to know.

You can tell the Chiefs are "feeling the pressure" as Reid used the "he is coming off 2 significant injuries card" this week.

Agree with Seems on the Dee Ford Pick.

Ford has looked lost out there.....Quick first step or not.

w

Eric Fisher is exactly as billed the second he was drafted -- a project with upside. He may turn out to be a B grade LT or even better, but its going to take time.

You don't draft projects with R1.01, even in a crappy draft class, because the cost of failure is devastating. Big gamble by Dorsey. Let's hope it pays off one day.

Great post.

I hated the Fisher pick. That was probably the most talent poor draft that we have seen in years. Richardson or Lotulelei would have been the ideal #1 overall out of that talent pool.

Fisher is definitely a project. Agree.

Dee Ford was a horrible pick. I will keep hoping that Dorsey/Reid turn the team around for the long haul. But, I really question their ability to construct a draft board.

I don't remember who was left when we picked. Who should we have taken instead of ford?

Archived