Jon Baldwin waived by the 49ers.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we will see the guy I wanted. Teddy Bridgewater will likely be the best QB in the 2014 draft. If the Chiefs had decided to stay with Smith, then the choice may have been Xavier Su'a-Filo, who has looked very good at Guard for Houston.Darqueze Dennard has also looked good for Cincy, and would have filled a need for cb. 

Right now it looks to me as if Dee Ford is a one trick pony. Hopefully he can add to that talent. I hope it works out. I don't think he is anywhere close to being as good as either Hali or Houston. That could change if he develops. 

I hated the Fisher pick.  That was probably the most talent poor draft that we have seen in years.  Richardson or Lotulelei would have been the ideal #1 overall out of that talent pool.

Fisher is definitely a project.  Agree. 

Dee Ford was a horrible pick.  I will keep hoping that Dorsey/Reid turn the team around for the long haul.  But, I really question their ability to construct a draft board.

I liked Marquise Lee

My dad went to Utah medical school and I went to USC, so I would have loved to have Lotulelei and Marquise Lee. Of course, it didn't work out with Matt Cassel, as most if not all USC QBs don't work out (Palmer is the exception?).

Yea because after roughly a game in a half of preseason games we can tell that Ford's a bust and a one trick pony. Oh and after playing roughly 3 quarters at LT Fisher is also a bust.

Nostradamus please tell me any of the winning set of power ball numbers over the next year.

:lol:

Chiefsfan, you're missing the whole point of pre-season football forum bullshit. :lol:

KILLJOY!!

Its also amusing how people on this board continue to scoff at others' opinions that being proven right.  This while they heap plaudits for the wealth of quality, young depth the team has. Or how the OL is just fine while the guy who was originally penciled in to replace a valuable player was just traded for a backup safety.  

Meanwhile, they brazenly continue to poke fun at them. 

Anyone who knew anything recognized the OL, WR and DB were a problem months ago.  Guess what?  After two preseason games, I've seen nothing that changes that.

Maybe these people should just shut up for now.  They are beginning to look foolish.

Too bad. He had all the physical skills and none of the fire in his heart. Pioli did not do his homework. He was dazzled by the stats and forgot about the child inside. I'd rather have a team of nobodies who want to win and are willing to work. And as bad as we looked on Thursday, I still think we have a whole lot of young guys like that. When they finally learn the game, they will ambush teams and make the oddsmakers look stupid.

Boomer Grigsby had fire in his heart. Just no talent. Talent beats desire 10 times out of ten.

Its also amusing how people on this board continue to scoff at others' opinions that being proven right.  This while they heap plaudits for the wealth of quality, young depth the team has. Or how the OL is just fine while the guy who was originally penciled in to replace a valuable player was just traded for a backup safety.  

Anyone who knew anything recognized the OL, WR and DB were a problem months ago.  Guess what?  After two preseason games, I've seen nothing that changes that.

Maybe these people should just shut up for now.  They are beginning to look foolish.

When has looking foolish ever stopped anyone on this board? 

The defensiver and self-importanter we get, the foolisher we look.

That goes for a lot of us.  In fact, you should flip on your front-facing camera and take a quick gander at the perfect example.

Its also amusing how people on this board continue to scoff at others' opinions that being proven right. This while they heap plaudits for the wealth of quality, young depth the team has. Or how the OL is just fine while the guy who was originally penciled in to replace a valuable player was just traded for a backup safety.

Anyone who knew anything recognized the OL, WR and DB were a problem months ago. Guess what? After two preseason games, I've seen nothing that changes that.

Maybe these people should just shut up for now. They are beginning to look foolish.

And your point is? Oh that's right I forgot, you are smarter than anyone else in here as well as the coaches, front office, and scouts. I keep forgetting if a person disagrees with you they are foolish, stupid and should shut up.

And your point is? Oh that's right I forgot, you are smarter than anyone else in here as well as the coaches, front office, and scouts. I keep forgetting if a person disagrees with you they are foolish, stupid and should shut up.

Well, that's your problem right there. Memory.

Not true at all.  Point to where I said such things.  

However, you, for example, are one to insult or mock people who have anything critical to say about your beloved Chiefs.  Not me.  Your quote above proves it.

The coaches, FO, and scouts have not done a good job filling this roster.  I don't have to work for the NFL in any capacity to see this.  

I remember that reference.  But I was thinking of the "Ahab the Arab, The Shiek of the Burnin' Sands"  tune by Ray Stevens.

Here are the lyrics:  http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/r/ray_stevens/ahab_the_arab.html

Here is the actual tune: 

You have to be a really old fart to remember that from popular radio in the 60's.

When has looking foolish ever stopped anyone on this board? 

The defensiver and self-importanter we get, the foolisher we look.

That goes for a lot of us.  In fact, you should flip on your front-facing camera and take a quick gander at the perfect example.

Nice try Bil.  I don't get defensive with like likes of those who resort to mockery or insults.  I go on the offensive, which is exactly what happened here if you review the recent posts.  I don't like bullies or cheap shot artists.  I should take the high road, I know, but I do take offense to having been ripped and ridiculed soundly for nothing more than my opinion.  If it were in good fun, that would be one thing.  I'm not self-important -- just another fan, same as you.

If one wants to debate with me on NFL football, not just the Chiefs, you better bring your A game.  If you want to fight -- verbally, you better bring more than that.

Hey, Mongo.  I relate to you.  When I see your posts, I see myself.   Your sense of self-importance is matched only by my own.  I have gradually learned (fairly often) to recognize it in time not to indulge it, but I have a long way to go.  When I make fun of you for that, I am making fun of myself.  Just like me, you would end up happier trying to get over that.  This may seem like a debate tournament, but its really a football forum.

(See?  I resisted the urge to post the reply I originally wanted, which was "Can I bring my fly swatter"?  :lol:   )  I deserve congratulations for that...oops.  No I don't. :)

Archived