Might as well move on -

Brace yourselves for 8-5 and a battle for the division. 
Chiefs are in a bad spot 

bengals, raiders, chargers are all gonna be ready to ruin the season.  New England should be a win….

I think it gets worse boys. Backs against the wall. Gonna find out what they are made of.

i think there is a ton of fatigue mentally.

i think they need fresh eyes offensively- like a special assistant.

Bills defense is aggressive still and they really get after the qb 

bills 33

chiefs 17

37 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

gonna have to get better draft picks somehow.. this aint the SB year so why not now? I thought it would of been last year.

My 11-6 prediction looking fairly realistic right about now

I predicted 12-5, so yea it's looking like one or the other..

I don't think special assistant would solve anything.  The sad reality is that the receiving group is just so bad that it's limiting the offense.  Bad receivers not making the correct adjustments or running the correct routes is killing this offense.  You can see the frustration on the face of Mahomes, even though he goes to the post game podium and takes the blame like a true pro.  If Moore doesn't screw up and cause that INT, I think we win that game and all of the doom and gloom doesn't happen.  We have a running game and the best QB in the league, but a bunch of wideouts who can't get to the right spot, or just flat out drop perfect passes.  The current version of the offense is a blackmark against Andy and Veach, not adding at least some semblance of a dependable receiver in the offseason. They banked on the progression of Moore (who sucks) and Toney (a first round picked traded away that can't stay healthy).  If we get hot we can still make a run and win a Super Bowl, but more likely this year is just a step in the progression of reloading.  The roster will look very different next year, and I think the biggest change will be no more Chris Jones.  I want to keep him, but the cap situation isn't conducive to such a move when you have this much ass at the skill positions on offense outside of QB/RB.

Can Ertz make a difference this year?

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

I don't think special assistant would solve anything.  The sad reality is that the receiving group is just so bad that it's limiting the offense.  Bad receivers not making the correct adjustments or running the correct routes is killing this offense.  You can see the frustration on the face of Mahomes, even though he goes to the post game podium and takes the blame like a true pro.  If Moore doesn't screw up and cause that INT, I think we win that game and all of the doom and gloom doesn't happen.  We have a running game and the best QB in the league, but a bunch of wideouts who can't get to the right spot, or just flat out drop perfect passes.  The current version of the offense is a blackmark against Andy and Veach, not adding at least some semblance of a dependable receiver in the offseason. They banked on the progression of Moore (who sucks) and Toney (a first round picked traded away that can't stay healthy).  If we get hot we can still make a run and win a Super Bowl, but more likely this year is just a step in the progression of reloading.  The roster will look very different next year, and I think the biggest change will be no more Chris Jones.  I want to keep him, but the cap situation isn't conducive to such a move when you have this much ass at the skill positions on offense outside of QB/RB.

Can Ertz make a difference this year?

No it’s a speed and separation issue 

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i do not think Ertz would help anything, it would take him a week or more to learn the plays and by then it may be too late

I think ertz would help. The only reason is that defenses would have respect him which pulls some coverages. 
he has a resume and it’s better than everyone we have except kelce. 
we don’t scare anyone any longer, adding ertz forces defense coordinators to at least think twice. 
I say go get him 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

gonna have to get better draft picks somehow.. this aint the SB year so why not now? I thought it would of been last year.

Bengals look like a problem still. Every game is going to be tough. Every game. 10-7 11-6

12 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Bring on the damn bills! 
our backs are against the wall. We have to win this game and they know it. 
it would t surprise me if they ball. 
yah, im being optimistic. 

I think it's gonna be a hard fought game. You're right about both teams back against the wall. But man, I don't have any confidence in this offense anymore. I'm not one to put all the blame on the WRs. I think Andy and Pat have a lot to do with how things are going too. It's a combination of things. 

However, if KC does a better job at stopping the run better than they did against GB, they should have a chance at the end...No turnovers and minimize the penalities to stay in front of the sticks.

19 hours ago, Calichief said:

No it’s a speed and separation issue 

Speed and separation are definitely an issue, but it goes way deeper than that.  Route running and decisions are bad from that group.  Since we seem to be running the ball more now, maybe we could do some more jumbo set passing with Ertz?  Can't be any worse than what's happening now?

On 12/4/2023 at 1:46 PM, oldtimer said:

Eh I dunno.  I think you are looking at a year where the # 1 team in the AFC could have 4 and possibly 5 losses.  Playoffs QB play matters more in the playoffs than it does in the regular season.  As KC we’ve seen that play out to many times.   LJ doesn’t have a good or even decent playoff resume so till I see him do it not gonna trust him.  Tua has yet to play in playoff game so who knows but we’ve seen QBs before have great regular seasons but can’t perform when playoff pressure is on.  

That wasn’t too say that I think KC is going to get their shit fixed by the playoffs. They aren’t with the  WRs and oline issues.  It’s to say the rest of the AFC has no dominant team this year    KC and even Cincy of last year are better than any team in the AFC of this year.  

i was in a patient room yesterday and they had the tv on one of the sports talk shows on NFL network.  One of the panelists brought up something you and I talked about a few weeks back and that’s the mental fatigue that KC specifically Pat Travis and Chris have played quite a few more games than anybody else in past 5 years.   You add in Travis playoff games from the time he came into the league and I think it’s close to 16 games almost a full season.  

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

Eh I dunno.  I think you are looking at a year where the # 1 team in the AFC could have 4 and possibly 5 losses.  Playoffs QB play matters more in the playoffs than it does in the regular season.  As KC we’ve seen that play out to many times.   LJ doesn’t have a good or even decent playoff resume so till I see him do it not gonna trust him.  Tua has yet to play in playoff game so who knows but we’ve seen QBs before have great regular seasons but can’t perform when playoff pressure is on.  

That wasn’t too say that I think KC is going to get their shit fixed by the playoffs. They aren’t with the  WRs and oline issues.  It’s to say the rest of the AFC has no dominant team this year    KC and even Cincy of last year are better than any team in the AFC of this year.  

i was in a patient room yesterday and they had the tv on one of the sports talk shows on NFL network.  One of the panelists brought up something you and I talked about a few weeks back and that’s the mental fatigue that KC specifically Pat Travis and Chris have played quite a few more games than anybody else in past 5 years.   You add in Travis playoff games from the time he came into the league and I think it’s close to 16 games almost a full season.  

We have a good chance still to win the AFC. Look at the playoff picture right now. What team has a qb worth a damn? Bengals are out of it without Burrow. Jaguars has a hurting QB. Ravens have yet to do anything at all in any playoff. We beat Miami already. If we beat the Bills then they may be done. Who else is there? Many other teams have back up qbs, rookies etc. We just need to get our own shit fixed and get hot at the end of the season is all.

Every game, every single one from this Bills game to the end of the season; could actually be a loss after what we have seen of late. I can’t see them righting the ship. I’m not making this shit up. Chiefs have lost 3 of their last 5. That’s a bad thing. 

broncos loss - a beat down 

Dolphins win - couldn’t score in the second half to put the game away 

eagles loss - drop goes the weasel 

raiders win - you should beat bad teams but not have to rally from a two touchdown deficit 

packers loss - the craziest final minutes in an NFL game all year. Refs let em play and gifted the Packers. 

That’s a lot of mid season losing. 

Bills are playing better football after there firing of Dorsey. 
Turnovers are down and it seems like a more balanced attack from them. 
its will be a dog fight but I like the chiefs in this game for a two reasons. 
1. backs against the wall and this is a must have regular season game. 
2. we seem to bounce back pretty good after a loss. 
go chiefs 

6 hours ago, qnet said:

Yeah, that's a very huge problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think the Chiefs will beat the Bills.

He has shoulder contusion.  Unless he injured it on that last play he was playing with it against the Packers.  I’m wondering if they aren’t holding him out to give it time to heal and he will be game time decision.  

some good news is that Bolton and Mckinion were full participants in practice. 

41 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

He has shoulder contusion.  Unless he injured it on that last play he was playing with it against the Packers.  I’m wondering if they aren’t holding him out to give it time to heal and he will be game time decision.  

some good news is that Bolton and Mckinion were full participants in practice. 

Andy doesn’t do that. No practice , no play: it’s a Reid thing