Watching RGR, apparently Toney was looking at the refs to make sure he was lined up correctly, and they didn't warn him. This is what Mahomes was so pissed about.  I'm not sure how that works, are the refs supposed to warn players when they line up when they look at them? the guys at RGR are very pissed about it. 

20 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I don't know if they can win a SB with this unit. But no doubt the self inflicted wounds are killing their chances every week. Undisciplined... And frankly at times outright dumb decisions. Like when Allen was falling out of bounds and the receiver fumbled? All Edwards had to do was fall on it. But he tried to scoop it up. Hero ball. Rarely works. Mental mistake.

I might be out on a limb but Mike Edwards gets cooked a lot.  Offenses are scheming him up and he isn't very good.  Been thinking that for weeks.  He is tolerable when he makes ints but he is not very talented.   

15 minutes ago, qnet said:

Watching RGR, apparently Toney was looking at the refs to make sure he was lined up correctly, and they didn't warn him. This is what Mahomes was so pissed about.  I'm not sure how that works, are the refs supposed to warn players when they line up when they look at them? the guys at RGR are very pissed about it. 

Toney can’t look at the ball and then look at his feet?

Toney is just not worth the time to invest in him, he gets a phantom injury and misses games and when he does play he costs us games with fumbles, drops or other bonehead mistakes...no thanks

I hope chiefs scouting department has been looking over any WR that may be in this years draft, becuase we need 2 or 3

Well, losing this game really sucks. 
I am happy with Morris. 
I don’t know what wr we have on practice squad but I would give a few of them a shot because sky, mvs and Toney are hot dog shit. 
we also need to sign ertz. Shit go get hammy Sammy. Make a change. If we keep doing what we are doing we are going to keep getting the same results. 
Two more turnovers today and crucial penalties cost us. Same song just different week. 
worse part of this loss is we only have a 1 game lead on donkeys. 

54 minutes ago, qnet said:

Refs will signal whether they are on or off the ball

The problem isn't whether Toney was or was not offside....he obviously was. The problem is the general practice has been for the line judge to first notify players if they are lining up bad. They usually are warned. Supposedly Toney looked over to see and got nothing so he thought he was good. How many calls do you see like this? It's the inconsistent application of rules that has me steamed. It fluctuates crew to crew and week to week. MVS and the no call at Green Bay? All the calls early in the season against Taylor for alignment when lots of other tackles were shown to be doing it with no penalty? Frustrating.

14 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The problem isn't whether Toney was or was not offside....he obviously was. The problem is the general practice has been for the line judge to first notify players if they are lining up bad. They usually are warned. Supposedly Toney looked over to see and got nothing so he thought he was good. How many calls do you see like this? It's the inconsistent application of rules that has me steamed. It fluctuates crew to crew and week to week. MVS and the no call at Green Bay? All the calls early in the season against Taylor for alignment when lots of other tackles were shown to be doing it with no penalty? Frustrating.

On NBC they said it was rarely called in the past, but they're doing it more this year. I don't think I've heard of it until now, at least I don't remember. 

6 hours ago, dhitter said:

all the experts from the networks have come out and said that is false, if the player does not ask the SJ if he is good then they will let the play proceed. it is not the officials job to make sure the player is lined up, it is the players responsibility

14 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

all the experts from the networks have come out and said that is false, if the player does not ask the SJ if he is good then they will let the play proceed. it is not the officials job to make sure the player is lined up, it is the players responsibility

Oh I agree 100%. And I have told many a disgruntled Chiefs fan that same thing these past few days. Did Toney check with the ref? Apparently on that play he did not. Toney is a dumbass who needs to be cut or traded this off-season. Chiefs as a whole are very undisciplined. It's frustrating......but to the point of the refs? The officiating overall this year has been some of the worst I've ever seen. 

I think the telltale sign of the officials fucking up was Andy pointing it out. He's got more experience than any of the officials on that field, he's a notoriously 'nice guy' that never loses his cool, and he's respected by everyone. The fact he was upset about it proves to me the officials blew it. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

That said, we've been the beneficiaries of some controversial calls these last few years... the pendulum has swung the other way this season. It happens. 

I still think we have the talent to win it all this year, if we get healthy. I also still hope things will start clicking for the offense. Really, all we need is for Kelce and Rice to start getting a pile of receptions... because that will open things up for Grey, Watson and MVS.