FAU will get snaps when Dana doesn't get resigned, Jones leaves, and/or Nnadi is released.  Omenihu can play more inside.  If any of those things happen, FAU would be next man up.  If he's not, then I'd agree that he might have been over drafted.  Dana wasn't that good last year and FAU may take just as long to become a starter. 

This idea of using 1st and 2nd round picks as “projects” is not correct.

I guarantee you they wish he was beating out someone on the d line for snaps.

i think what happened is basically they should have been more aggressive moving around the board on draft day to either move up for a impact player or move down for value.

they got stuck selecting in the back end of the first round where all the studs were gone and the next 30 players drafted were all similarly rated

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

i think what happened is basically they should have been more aggressive moving around the board on draft day to either move up for a impact player or move down for value.

they got stuck selecting in the back end of the first round where all the studs were gone and the next 30 players drafted were all similarly rated

the price you pay for being a SB winner

18 hours ago, reesebobby said:

That's the point.  Nobody wants him to take snaps and he's a first round pick. I said he's not a bust but it's a fair question.  Edge guys usually contribute early. 

Right.  Also, guys rotate on the dline.  He could get snaps without "taking" them from someone else.  My main point was that he's done nothing with the snaps he's gotten.  

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

The story was that they were trying to trade up with the Cowboys to get Mazi Smith, DT out of Michigan, but then the 'Boys picked him instead.