Do you think this team makes the playoffs?

I think they can, but not unless something changes to send a message. Like a player replacing a player on the starting lineup or something to that affect that sends a message through your the locker room. 
they just need to play a clean game. If we do, whether it’s on the road or at home, we are hard to beat. 
Shit, we only have a one game lead in the division so missing playoffs is a reality. 

8 hours ago, SEMO said:

They will make the playoffs.  And, they could win another championship.  If all of the tumblers line up.  Which is like cracking a 4 tumbler Sargent & Greenleaf lock, which I have attempted lately.  

5 losses by a combined 31 points. Just insane how much smaller the margin for error is when your offense can't cover up mistakes. This is the first time in Mahomes career where I don't EXPECT the team to make a comeback when we trail.

Our defense may regress toward the mean next year with the possible (likely?) losses of Jones, Sneed, and Gay. But, barring injury, we will NEVER again see Mahomes with a lack of fire power at his disposal like we have this season.

On 12/11/2023 at 6:11 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

5 losses by a combined 31 points. Just insane how much smaller the margin for error is when your offense can't cover up mistakes. This is the first time in Mahomes career where I don't EXPECT the team to make a comeback when we trail.

Our defense may regress toward the mean next year with the possible (likely?) losses of Jones, Sneed, and Gay. But, barring injury, we will NEVER again see Mahomes with a lack of fire power at his disposal like we have this season.

Even with a smaller margin of error, this team is still good.  All of our losses have been more about self inflicted wounds than it has the other team just kick the chiefs ass.  This team is 11-2 without turnovers, drops and penalties.  We've been negative in the turnover ratio in our last 4 losses, and we have been positive in turnover ratio in a game since Oct 12 against Denver.  We're talented enough that cleaning up the turnovers alone would put us among the top 3 teams in the NFL even with our shortcomings at receiver.  If it cleans up the mistakes, a Super Bowl run is very possible, but conversely, if the team continues to step on it's own dick, a home wild card game loss is entirely possible as well.  We will still win the division tho. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Of course we make it to the playoffs. The schedule isn't harsh and I think a roster shakeup will boost some output.

What roster shakeup do you speak of?

I mean we don’t do a single thing consistently. Noah grey, who has no drops, and looks really good, can’t even get a target last week… I love Reid but he goes totally brain dead in stretches of seasons… what exactly do you see shaking out? 

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

Even with a smaller margin of error, this team is still good.  All of our losses have been more about self inflicted wounds than it has the other team just kick the chiefs ass.  This team is 11-2 without turnovers, drops and penalties.  We've been negative in the turnover ratio in our last 4 losses, and we have been positive in turnover ratio in a game since Oct 12 against Denver.  We're talented enough that cleaning up the turnovers alone would put us among the top 3 teams in the NFL even with our shortcomings at receiver.  If it cleans up the mistakes, a Super Bowl run is very possible, but conversely, if the team continues to step on it's own dick, a home wild card game loss is entirely possible as well.  We will still win the division tho. 

The Chiefs will finish the regular season without losing again. Our story hasn't been written yet. My point is that our WR room will look way different next year. 

12 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The Chiefs will finish the regular season without losing again. Our story hasn't been written yet. My point is that our WR room will look way different next year. 

I have the Chiefs losing to Cinci  in my preseason predictions and the way things are going that is still not too far from being realistic but we will have 1 more loss at least. Nationally Televised games seems to be the Chiefs Kryptonite which does not bode well for the playoffs..what are they like 1-4?

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I have the Chiefs losing to Cinci  in my preseason predictions and the way things are going that is still not too far from being realistic but we will have 1 more loss at least. Nationally Televised games seems to be the Chiefs Kryptonite which does not bode well for the playoffs..what are they like 1-4?

I hope not. we're flying up for that one!

We have a good team with a wide receiver corp that continues to make mental errors with no improvement, week after week.  To imagine that this will be "fixed" or straightened out at team meetings and in practices is a fantasy, because is a problem with personnel.. Everyone coming out of college and making it to a roster in the NFL has talent.  It is the level of it.  We don't have enough of it in the WR room.  We have a bunch of really athletic but kind of dumb players out there for Mahomes to throw to. We have an OC with no fire in him.  So, it is quite possible that we don't  make the playoffs.  If we do, it is likely one and done.  But we have a great nucleus and a year for Veach to get us some additional reliable targets.  I think our chances at a Super Bowl are a realistic goal for us next year. 

I think, I predicted 10-7 or possibly 11-6 at the beginning of the season, so I am not disappointed really.  It's hard to maintain a dynasty year after year.

The 2019 team had a stretch where they lost 4 of 6 and won the super bowl.

The 2021 team lost 4 of it's first 7, and lost the AFCCG in OT.

The Chiefs have overcome rough patches in the past and still had success.  There's no reason this year can't be similar, just need to get healthy and make the run. 

After reading today what happened on Arrowhead Pride, a season ending fracture of the index finger on Justin Herbert's thowing hand (out for the season), it is now obvious that ALL of our remaining regular season games will be against teams using a backup QB.   Now, I am pretty certain that we will get to the playoffs.  But we won't be able to get through the playoffs.

39 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

After reading today what happened on Arrowhead Pride, a season ending fracture of the index finger on Justin Herbert's thowing hand (out for the season), it is now obvious that ALL of our remaining regular season games will be against teams using a backup QB.   Now, I am pretty certain that we will get to the playoffs.  But we won't be able to get through the playoffs.

If we just manage to cut the turnovers, we can still make it through.  We're losing one score games in games where we are negative in the turnover ratio.  If we stop the turnovers and cut down on penalties, there's enough talent on this team to overcome the WR drops and mistakes.