Do you think this team makes the playoffs?

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

The 2019 team had a stretch where they lost 4 of 6 and won the super bowl.

The 2021 team lost 4 of it's first 7, and lost the AFCCG in OT.

The Chiefs have overcome rough patches in the past and still had success.  There's no reason this year can't be similar, just need to get healthy and make the run. 

Getting healthy is going to be key.  Love that Bolton is back, and that Tranquil is back at practice.  With our struggles on offense, the defense can't be spotting the other team 14 points on the their first two drives.  If we have our LBers back to flying around and we have no more injuries on that side of the ball, that could be enough to propel us to another SB win.

6 hours ago, moons314 said:

If we stop the turnovers and cut down on penalties, there's enough talent on this team to overcome the WR drops and mistakes.

If I cut back on murdering people and quit trafficking children, there is enough basic decency in me to overcome the criminal negligence and drug dealing charges.

On 12/10/2023 at 7:18 PM, Thegoatee said:

If they lose to the woeful Patriots, no. This is the kind of year they backslide into the playoffs as a 10 win team.

Then they will beat the crap out of all the other contenders and walk away with another Super Bowl.  Taylor Swift will be seen performing sexual favors on Travis Kelce during the parade, which will earn her the keys to the city and an honorary MVP award.

Some of y'all need to step back from that ledge.   We may lose in the playoffs or we may not.  That is a month away and I'm going to enjoy every minute of the Patrick Mahomes era.  Sucks Veach and Reid didn't get Mahomes more help but this year gives Mahomes a unique opportunity to put two feathers in his cap and it won't be easy.  Repeat and do it with possibly the worse wr corp in the history of the modern era lol.  I won't count Pat out until it happens.  Go Chiefs!

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Some of y'all need to step back from that ledge.   We may lose in the playoffs or we may not.  That is a month away and I'm going to enjoy every minute of the Patrick Mahomes era.  Sucks Veach and Reid didn't get Mahomes more help but this year gives Mahomes a unique opportunity to put two feathers in his cap and it won't be easy.  Repeat and do it with possibly the worse wr corp in the history of the modern era lol.  I won't count Pat out until it happens.  Go Chiefs!

Animated Gifs: A Throwback to Cinema’s Beginnings - JSTOR Daily

57 minutes ago, Calichief said:

10-7 is where I’m going 

would we miss at 10-7

I know we've struggled, but where do you see 2 losses considering each of our 4 remaining games will have backup QBs?  Defense is getting healthy with key players returning.  Even with a struggling offense, I don't see an opposing team scoring 21+ in the remaining 4 games.  Chiefs are gonna run the table and be in the conversation for the 1 seed if Jax beats Baltimore this weekend because the Ravens still have to play the 49ers as well. 

23 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I know we've struggled, but where do you see 2 losses considering each of our 4 remaining games will have backup QBs?  Defense is getting healthy with key players returning.  Even with a struggling offense, I don't see an opposing team scoring 21+ in the remaining 4 games.  Chiefs are gonna run the table and be in the conversation for the 1 seed if Jax beats Baltimore this weekend because the Ravens still have to play the 49ers as well. 

About the only game I could possibly see is Cincy but I also think Spags will be able to dial up things Browning has never seen.  Combine that  with him starting at AH for the first time and dealing with a  NYE crowd I don’t think it goes well for him.  

Down year for the AFC the 1 seed will probably have 5 losses ain’t no reason KC can’t be in the mix cause like I think they will run the table.  

56 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The other teams have backup QBs....But they don't have BACKUP Defenses!

The KC offense has been the problem all year, so I'm still pessimestic about the remaining games. The offense has struggled so much, that giving up17 points seems like a high hurdle for this offense to overcome.

So, allthough they play 4 backup qbs, I sitll think those 4 backups can put up at least 17 on KC.

So my question is not can they win out, but can they CONSISTENTLY put up about 24 pts per game to finish it out??

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

10-7 is where I’m going 

would we miss at 10-7

Going anything worse than 3-1 would be a pretty big surprise with the teams left on our schedule.  Even 1 loss would be a bit of a surprise.  I dare say that no team in the history of the league has faced 4 quarterbacks in a row las bad as Zappe, Browning, Stick and O'Connell.  

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Going anything worse than 3-1 would be a pretty big surprise with the teams left on our schedule.  Even 1 loss would be a bit of a surprise.  I dare say that no team in the history of the league has faced 4 quarterbacks in a row las bad as Zappe, Browning, Stick and O'Connell.  

I's a good thing, because our crappy offense might actually score enough points for us to still win. Maybe we can build a little confidence and winning attitude, though.  That could actually produce one victory in the playoffs, all by itself.  But my guess is that will be about it. Here is a good quote:

Reality is the name we give to our disappointments.
 - Mason Cooley

6 hours ago, moons314 said:

Bengals Raiders 

bengals look just as good with browning.

Raiders played well last time and lost the momentum. 
the chiefs offense is bad 

21 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Have you watched browning, or are you assuming? He looks like burrow out there 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

And right down the field for browning. 
dude can play. He is surrounded by weapons. If you think because he’s labeled a back up, might want to re think that 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Well it's not entirely an assumption.  He's almost 28 and started 3 games in his career after being undrafted. He's played good in a very small sample. He's no joe burrow.